Yelling in my sleep

Discussion in 'Mental Wellbeing' started by cassan_98, Aug 18, 2007.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. cassan_98

cassan_98 New Member

My wife is telling me that I now occasionally yell in my sleep. Once I was yelling "OW!" repeatedly, and once she couldn't make out what I was saying. After waking up I do not remember any dreams that it could be related to. Does anyone else do this? What kind of problem does it indicate? How do I stop it?

Thanks,

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. BethG

BethG New Member

No yelling, but my husband ocassionally talks in his sleep. I remember once a long time ago he was mumbling watch out for the pink upside down ice cream cones. We figured out later that he was talking about the orange construction cones (he works highway/bridge construction). At that time a flagger had been hit by a careless driver, hence "watch out!"

Another time, and we still laugh about this one, he said he had a bigger unit, it just "wasn't on display."

I don't know if it's indicative of a problem, maybe there's something going on in your life that's "hurting" you? Or you're anxious about being hurt somehow?

3. curcuma

curcuma New Member

Uh-huh. Greatest product ever, huh? Hey Sabrina you don't happen to sell DermaSleep, do you?

4. why

why New Member

take any meds before bed? When I do I have very vivid dreams and talk/cry/scream/hit/kick/ exc in my sleep.

On an average night I still do talk...as for remembering the dream when she wakes you abruptly like that then you will forget your dream..if she could wake you slowly maybe you would remember.

Do you have dreams that you can control?

5. kellybean

kellybean New Member

LMAO @ curcuma....

"HEAD ON, APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD"

Anyone ever try this product?

BOT: I've often talked in my sleep. I also sit up straight and gasp for air, so I've been told. I don't remember either - ever.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

6. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

Getting off subject...Head on does not work ..lol I tired that stupid crap and it didn't do anything

I used to talk in my sleep a lot as a kid..I know my dad still does a lot but he is alcoholic and depressed and was in Vietnam..so yeah he's got issues...

7. a_happy_dreamer

a_happy_dreamer New Member

I woke myself up last night shouting, I'd been trying to shout for ages in my dream and when I finally did it was out loud!

As far as i'm awae talking in your sleep is harmless and there are many different explanations for why you dream - it is far to simple to assume one cause for you dream - there's psychological theories, psyiological theories etc - and I suspect all of them have some grounding. So I'd just assume that it doesn't indicate a problem at all.

However, if it starts dramatically affecting you or your partner - i.e if its practically continuous, constantly wakes you up or you begin to get violent - then there are sleep therapies and medications etc that your doctor should eb able to help you with through a sleep clinic.

Don't worry though!!

xx

8. why

why New Member

I have abused my DH during my sleep. One time I was dreaming and I reached over to him and tried to poke out his eyes, another time I repeatedly kicked him and another time I was hitting his side.

Sleep is crazy!

9. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

I frequently beat up my partner in my sleep, I'm forver talking, snoring, drooling, and wriggling as well as crying and laughing. I guess I ought to see a doc, especially as I feel tired alot, but its something I have always done, I figure its normal for me... [​IMG]

10. Zoory

Zoory New Member

According to my knowledge majority of people who are very sensitive and nervous and who keep a lot of secrets in mind face this problem. Yelling in sleep is directly linked with stress.

11. Abigale Bell

Abigale Bell New Member

Thanks Zoory. I totally agree with here.

12. Advanced Male

Advanced Male New Member

Try changing your routine before you go to bed first, make sure you relax yourself fully! This will entice you into a calm sleep hopefully making you dream of pleasent things.
    I don't think anything is wrong with you, a lot of people have night terrors! I too have suffered with them.

Its all in your head so you need to clear it! If things still persist, I consider talking to someone about it. Family or Friends. They will always help!

13. darawatsons

darawatsons New Member

I admit I talk also while sleeping, but I didn't remember that I yelled. Even my brother will also talk while sleeping, I guess it is because of being tired or a dream. Try to drink water before sleeping, and also a little meditation could also help.

14. emersonkelly

emersonkelly New Member

My brother will talk sometimes while sleeping. How to avoid this?? Does meditation helps??
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

15. Ricy Mardona

Ricy Mardona New Member

I think this type of problem is happen because of taking stress so in my opinion you need to consult to the doctor.

16. kimmchu

kimmchu New Member

My mom just did the other night. She still remember what she had dreamt about after my niece tried to wake her up when she was yelling. She said there was a robber trying to get in to our house and she was calling the attention of everyone to ask help. I dont mind if she does the yelling once , I just dont like it to be a habit .