Who's Due Jan,Feb,Mar 2013

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by stardust, Jun 13, 2012.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Row, we don't have domperidone in the US, which I've heard is more effective than Reglan. [​IMG]

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh that blows the big one!! I thought I heard once upon a time that if you got in contact with the Newman people they could *possibly* get you around that somehow but don't quote me, I'm not sure. So unfortunate because it really works.

I wonder if a Fenugreek/Blessed Thistle/Reglan combo would do it, or with goat's rue?

3. BunnyGirl19

I took something like that combo and it really boosted my production, but unfortunately it still wasn't adequate. It got me up to about 75% of baby's needs, so about double what I was making. I took Reglan and something called either More Milk Plus Special Blend or maybe it was Mother's instead of More in the name?

4. iampam

iampam Active Member

Unfortunately, this is pretty much the worst possible time to be doing this. We are right in the middle of moving. The movers come Sunday. They are going to do most of the packing (thanks to our family that chipped in to pay for that), but I still have to sort through stuff we need to get rid of, and get everything packed for me and the kids to stay with the in-laws.

I'm also right near the end of my coaching season (hence the reason I am staying at the in-laws a few weeks, while DH moves Monday), so every afternoon I have practice. Tomorrow I have a 2 hour drive (each way) to our district championship, which is going to be a loooong day. So there are times I just can't pump. I have help with Eddie now, but once DH is gone, all my family members work, so I'll be on my own with both kiddos for the most part. My mom usually watches Eddie while I am at practice but she can't do the whole day. Hopefully he can be content to play with toys in our room at my in-laws while I pump.

Linnea does not usually cluster feed at night. She slept 9 hours in a row 2 nights ago, which I felt horribly guilty about, but I am usually so exhausted that I sleep through any alarms I set. I wake up when she fusses, but I usually sleep through Eddie fussing, luckily DH has been dealing with him. I'm not supposed to let her sleep more than 5 hours in a row. She did 6 last night (although then she was awake and wanting to eat for 90 minutes). I just need to be motivated to wake her up and feed her before I go to sleep, I think that will help.

My poor boobies are sore from all the pumping [​IMG]

5. BunnyGirl19

I've noticed with both my kids that if I woke them up to feed them they wouldn't nurse or take a bottle and they ended up feeding worse and taking in less for a 24-hour period than if I just let them wake and sleep on their own. Especially with RJ, if I woke him up to eat he just plain wouldn't do anything but lie there exhausted and blinking. No sucking or anything.

6. Raunchy-Row

Awww Pam that's tough. Do what you can. Can you start the herbs/galactogogues in the meantime? Hah funny that most people just want their babies to sleep all the way through and when your supply is low you just want them to wake up and nurse [​IMG] You're doing a great job, mama!

7. Raunchy-Row

8. iampam

iampam Active Member

At the last appointment, Linnea gained a bit over 8oz in 1 week + 1 day. She had a poor nursing session though, only got 2oz, she fussed a lot. Last night I pumped 4.25oz, so IDK. We see the pediatrician Thursday for her two month checkup.

9. Raunchy-Row

That's pretty decent pam! Keep up the good work! I don't know that I would be super worried about her not nursing well at a stressful appointment. Babies can tell that they're in a different environment and also when you're stressed out--plus if Mom is stressed, letdown is sometimes affected. How is the moving going?

10. iampam

iampam Active Member

DH has moved to the island and I am staying with my in-laws for about another week, then I will join him.

11. Raunchy-Row

Okay--just FYI, I was talking to a girl on one of my PCOS boards and she's in the US and has been prescribed Domperidone there for supply. I don't know what state she's in but it might be worth an ask! I hope the rest of your transition goes smoothly [​IMG] hang in there!!

I'm off to make a pickles & cheese sandwich for dinner. Woke up craving it. So weird.

12. BunnyGirl19

I'll have to ask about it this time. As recently as August I couldn't get it.

13. Raunchy-Row

She said she went to a compounding pharmacy with a prescription from her doc? I don't know which state, I'm sure the rules vary....

14. iampam

iampam Active Member

10lbs 5oz yesterday even though we cut back on supplementing [​IMG]

15. sunset77

sunset77 New Member

Congratulations everyone!!!! <3

16. Raunchy-Row