Who's Due Jan,Feb,Mar 2013

Discussion in 'Who's Due When...' started by stardust, Jun 13, 2012.

1. stardust

stardust Member

Im due February 15th,2013
    but will probably have my baby either early Feb or sometime in January as a planned Csection.

Im now 4 and half weeks. [​IMG]

2. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Bry - I totally had MANY freak out moments about having 2. Some involved tears and they got worse as the due date drew nearer. DH would just laugh at me because 2 is what I WANTED. I won't lie, it does get rough at times. But you get through it and I wouldn't change it for the world. I love when Olivia helps with Caitlin and gives her kisses and thinking ahead to them being there for each other for the rest of their lives makes it all worth it.

3. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Congratulations, Stardust and Bryony!

Bryony, I read your posts about wanting to start right away. Glad it happened quickly for you!

4. Bron

Bron New Member

Congrats Stardust and Bryony!

Bry having two can be hard at the beginning as you settle in with an expanding family but then its like you never would manage without two - mine have a bigger age gap than most on here and yours will also have a bigger gap but it is lovely to see the older care for the younger - L is enjoying her sister so much now and one of Kirima's first words was "la" for Laurana. Its great having two but it does take some getting used to and lots of thoughts about it during the pregnancy.

5. TDG

TDG New Member

Congrats to both of you!!

Bry-I think everyone panics a bit going from 1 to 2. In fact it was more scary than 0 to 1 for me! The transition was actually really easy for me and it will certainly help that Rowan is older. She will be a great help for you. My boys are so close to each other its just amazing to watch. Sure they fight but they really love each other and its so fun to watch their different personalities grow. I have never heard of anyone having a child with issues due to 'old sperm' and I know quite a few women who have married and had children with men much older than themselves. I think old eggs are a bigger threat and at 36(I think thats your age?) yours arent really that old so I dont think you need to be worrying.

6. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Knock-knock.

Being stunned and in shock went to being very scared and nervous very fast for me. [​IMG]

I started feeling a bit crazy and noticed that since I had gotten to a pretty low weight for me after dieting for a while that my periods started showing up a bit more ( not by any means regular. The last one was 15 days apart ) anyhow, I started having very vivid dreams and tender breasts etc... I kept telling myself it couldn't be! There was no way... Well, I tested thinking nothing of it and +

After letting it soak in and trying to figure out dates I had a few cramps and shooting pains, I didn't even have an idea of how far along I could be, I decided to go to an urgent care to get checked out. LOOOOOONG wait later, I am told I have a Subchrionic Hemotoma ( it was 2.5CM as of Thurs ) they seen a Sac and Yolk only and HCG was 3416. Of course I googled and read some ok things and some scary things about SCH and had the nice 4 day wait to see the OB today who also did another scan to check on things because numbers didn't match up and said I now have a fetal pole as well, so baby is moving along.

I should be due around Feb, 25th 2013.

I will post a pic of the ultrasound just in case anyone is looking for information on a Subchrionic Hemotoma (hemorage) in the future.

[​IMG]

You can see the baby and the small stuff in the bottom of the gest. sac is the fetal ple and yolk sac. Just beside the sac is another black spot and that is the Hemotoma ( I guess this is a tear in the placenta?) This is from what I have found in reading. It should resolve and either bleed out or reabsorb.

7. TDG

TDG New Member

Ash--they believed I also had a SCH this time as well. It took forever but it did heal and as far as I know everything is great now.

8. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Ash, I had a SCH in the early part of my pregnany with Gabby, but it was small, and resolved on its own. I frantically researched SCH at the time, and worried myself sick about the potential complications, but they are pretty rare. From what I understand, it has something to do with how the egg burrows into the uterus. It can attach in a way where there is a pocket of blood between the wall and placenta. Scary, but they are very common.

9. Confused-Hasya

Ash, now that you're on here, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I would love a surprise pregnancy after a 2nd child because otherwise, we wouldn't try for a 3rd and I am the 3rd child in my family :). 3rd children rock ;-).

10. Alluring-Ash

Thank you all [​IMG]

TDG- When I did a search on here I actually seen a post that you had about bleeding and thinking it may have been a SCH. I have not yet had a bleed or spotting even, I know I will have a super panic attack even after hearing it is ok, as long as it is not bright red.

Nessa- Thank you for you input as well, as much as it sucks for anyone else to have them, it does help to hear about others. I always google every which way I can and course come up with these awful stories! Did you have bleeding at all with Gabbi?

Confused! You always make me smile! [​IMG] I am from a 3 sibling family too, although I am a ( EEEEEK!!!! ) middle child [​IMG]
    I partially hope for another boy just so that if K does end up the middle she will be the only girl and have that advantage. We did not plan on 3 at all! I actually wanted a tubal after K, then planned on an IUD and one thing after another I didn't have anything and figured it took me 2 years PLUS meds for Noah and Meds for Kin so there was no way...... aaaand... yup. Thank you by the way [​IMG]

11. Confused-Hasya

Awww, that's so sweet of you, Ash!

Did you have middle-child syndrome as they call it. My sister thought that I was well-loved being the youngest, brother was too, being the first, but that nobody cared about her. She really thought that! Not sure if she still thinks so :).

Yes, I read about all of that. So this makes it your miracle baby whichever way you look at it. How many of us can claim of having one!

12. Bron

Bron New Member

Ash [​IMG] I am also a middle child and so is my DH - I think we both had some middle child issues, but then my elder sister had eldest child issues and my younger brother had youngest child issues so its all fair. I still want three children though I doubt I'll be able to have more - like for Confused it would have to be a surprise. Hope you don't get bleeding - can't it just resorb itself?

13. iampam

iampam Active Member

I'm due March 13, that's almost exactly when Eddie was due. Hopefully this one is less of a slowpoke about making an appearance!

I posted the details in the TTC#2 thread.

It's kind of like deja vu to be back in this thread two years later...

14. TDG

TDG New Member

Congrats Pam!!!

15. Alluring-Ash

Congratulations Pam! I have been in this thread every other year 3 times now!

16. Alluring-Ash

I am a little frustrated with the OB office I am using this time (this is all a headache! ) I went last week on Mon for an ultrasound because of the SCH and had a first OB on Tuesday. Well they went ahead and did the pap and stuff while doing the u/s. On Tues they did all of the questioning and history stuff and blood work. Well they left out a pretty important part of the bloodwork. My HCG and Progesterone. [​IMG] I was a little annoyed and went back on Monday with both kids and had to hold Kinley while they did it. I called back today and the nurse had NO idea what I was talking about ( annoying again ) then she's telling me that she can't hear me and I was getting really annoyed. Finally, she figures out that I am explaining the bloodwork from Monday that was supposed to be done last Tues.

The progesterone level was only 11.6 and HCG was over 51,000. So I was thinking the progesterone level sounded low, but didn't want to say anything until I looked back through normal levels and what they were with N ( I had issues with progesterone with his pregnancy as well, turns out it was just.1 lower at 11.5 ) and I was spotting at the time. So I called back and found out it was the same OB that delivered N ( the one I think rushed the gun to a c/s ) and he didn't think I needed prometrium. Do I explained to the nurse that I was all too familiar with low progesterone and actually went through the same thing before and needed the prometrium. She again talked to him and got it approved.

Now I am paranoid that he is the on-call Dr and what the heck should I do? The Dr that did my vbac with Kin left last month to go to Canada because her contract was up with the hospital and she got a better job offer...

17. TDG

TDG New Member

ugh Ash--that IS a headache! If it were me Id be looking for a new dr now instead of in the middle of the pregnancy! Pregnancy is not a good time to deal with a dr who thinks they know all and doesnt really care how you feel, especially if theyve already lost your trust. There is one dr at my OBs office like that. He is SOOOOOOOOO rude any time you call when hes on-call. He acts like Im really inconvienceing him and Im not one to call for small reasons! Plus after Es csection, the night I left the hospital I spiked a fever of 106 and he told me he wouldnt see me and he 'didnt know' if I should go to the ER. I ended up fine but its a damn good thing for him because I was SOO sick I was literally dilusional and wasnt thinking straight so I ended up just staying home and seriously could have died. Anyways..find a better dr who will listen--not to mention a staff whos got their game together!

18. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Hmmm dunno Ash. So are you on the prometrium? I thought a P over 10 was good.

I went on a wild goose chase at the beginning of Gabbys pregnancy trying to get bloodwork requisitiions and prescription for prometrium (doc put me on it as a precaution. Ive never had my prog levels tested).

Sorry about the doc. If you are really adamant about another vbac, I would find a midwife. The difference in care between OB and MW (OB with Sofie, MW with Gabby) is the difference between night and day. Had I had an OB during my labor, theres no doubt interventions would have ocurred because my labor stalled at one point, but the MW pulled some tricks out of her hat. Good luck on whatever route you go.

19. Alluring-Ash

TDG- At first this was how the nurse was making me fell, like I was bothering her. I hate for anyone to make someone feel that way. I am going to have to search a bit more for an easier Dr/office to deal with. I really hate the over crowded hugs offices anyway. Yikes! 106!! That sounds bad! [​IMG]

Nessa- My RE with N said they really like to see them 20 or higher and that 11.5 was still pushing the low level. Even the nurse said it was a grey area because it is infact low- but still in "normal" Because of my PCOS progesterone is already an issue.

I just would rather be safe than sorry and what is it hurting him to say "ok, very close to low, go ahead and be cautious."

I was on prometrium with N and prety sure she said that was what he called in ( It makes me so sick too! )

I would love a midwife! Most here work at the birthing center we have in Knoxville, but they will not take on VBAC patients. You would think it would be easier having a proven vaginal birth under my belt. Nope. I just don't know.

20. iampam

iampam Active Member

Good luck Ash, I hope you can find a situation that works better for you. Maybe this doctor will get better over time. I had the doctor I liked least during my delivery with Eddie, but it turned out great because he was the only one who would use forceps, and Eddie needed a little bit of a turn that the suction thingie would not have given.

I am soooo glad that we moved and I have options now! I can go to a birthing center that is less than 15 minutes away (and there are others within the region if I hate them for some reason). I can have a water birth! I can have a doula!

That is assuming they'll take me as a patient. I'm guessing they will, my last birth was complicated, but I don't think I would be considered high risk, and there's certainly no guarantee that any of the problems I had will recur.

I plan to call them in the morning to schedule my first appointment or whatever they do first with new patients.