WELCOME to the Natural Birth Control subforum!

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by MyrtleWarbler, Jul 10, 2007.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. iampam

iampam Active Member

Yeah sometimes I have the big temperature drop a day or two before my period starts, other times it's that same day. Your chart looks very normal [​IMG]

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

Thanks iampam,

Gives me peace of mind to know that my charting is running smoothly. I was very delighted this morning to see AF!! You don't hear to many women say that. [​IMG]

iampam, how long have you been charting? Do you use it as your primary method?

3. iampam

iampam Active Member

About a year now, we just use the lady comp (and I chart on FF) and he pulls out on yellow and red days. We haven't had any problems once we started doing that!

4. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

I'm keeping my eye on a LC too. Not sure about it yet. One year is a good track record. I hope I have your success!

5. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

I did get some more reading material this week.

-Signs of Fertility the personal science of Natural Birth Control- By Margaret Nofziger

It is a very small book, but I hope it will be helpful. It is focused completely on birth control which is nice.

6. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

Well, I read my new book. It was not very detailed, and is a poor read after starting with TCOYF. I am wondering on now to -the garden of your fertility- (think that is what it is called)
    AF arrived today. That makes three full months of charting. Everything looked very normal this month. We were able to trust our method enough to go all natural. YAY!!
    [​IMG]

7. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

Not a lot of activity going on here latley but this seems to be the best subject for my situation. Would someone mind to take a look at my chart for this month please. I had a very odd two day spike, which I though was O then back down to 97.3 this morning.

Any ideas?

8. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

could possibly be a fallback rise if of course your temp jumps back up tomorrow. i would still be using protection as unless you have at least 2 more high temps i wouldnt consider that O.

9. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Did you sleep in on Saturday and Sunday? that could explain high temps and maybe today is your temp dip O day?

10. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

Thanks for the input. My temp came in this morning at 97.1 very low. Defiantly not O.

I didn’t what you say sleep in on Sat and Sun. I slept about 30 minutes longer than usual. I don't think it would make that big of a difference, do you?

This may sound crazy, but I noted it on my chart just so I will remember it. My husband and I changed our normal sides of the bed those two nights which put me right beside the heating vent. Now I wouldn't think that it would really affect my temp, but I guess it could have.

11. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Yeah I don't think 30 mins would make a difference at all. For me it makes a difference when I get up at 11 am on days off compared to 5am when I am working. Maybe you had high temps from the vent or maybe a fever from a bit of a bug.

Today's drop could be O...you'll just have to wait a few more days and see if your temps go up.

12. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

My temp is low again today 97.3 and I noticed some very fertile CM this morning. I guess it was just some odd ball temperatures. I did notice a painful urge to pee last night, and every time I would go I couldn’t get anything to come out. I hope those high temps were not due to an urinary tract infection getting ready to start. NOOO!!!

13. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like your temps are doing what mine did last cycle. My body was trying to fight off something as I felt a bit rundown and overly tired, but didn't actually feel sick. My temps rose for three days and then went back down. I've never had that happen before.

14. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

My temps are all messed up this month too. I have a unsure crosshair for CD13 with a temp if 36.3 on that day as well as EWCM on cd13 & 14...since then fomr cd14 on my temps have only been aroudn 36.5 and 36. 4. Very weird... have also been getting positive OPK's on cd 14,15,16,17. So weird.... I don't get it.

Not sure if that makes sense....normall my temps go way higher after O. LC is still giving me red lights so I am being careful as FF can change. It's very annoying because I normall O on day 13 or 14 and it is now CD17.

Is it possible to get 4 positive OPK's in a row? I don't have PCOS.

15. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

Turns out I did have an UTI. That accounts for my crazy high temps before O. Everything looks very normal now. I have even held the same two temps 97.7 and 97.8 through most of my luteral phase so far. I usually jump all over the place.

I have another side question. I am enjoying this method of birth control. I love filling like myself again off the crazy pill, and I don’t even mind to abstain from intercourse. The issue I am having is that when people say the usual things about the FAM method, like you’re crazy, or you’re going to be a mom soon. I start to lose faith. I know the method should work, not because of blind faith but because I have studied the method, I have tested it. I finally understand what my body is doing all month. But do you all ever have that problem? Do you ever start to let all the garbage people say affect your thinking? I’m wondering what I can do to combat negative thoughts. I am going to try to get another informative book to keep my mind turning.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

16. keppers

keppers New Member

I'm sorry to hear you indeed had a UTI! [​IMG]

I hear what you're saying... Sometimes, I doubt myself, too. I thought it would be better with the ladycomp, and it is, but I still am not exempt from worry. However, I haven't told anyone around me what I'm doing and no one has asked. It helps to have this forum where people think it is normal at any rate.

I guess another thing I did was to take a NFP course from CCLI. I mainly wanted to do it for my husband. I couldn't see him getting excited about reading a FAM book. However, he is supportive of the decision to stop the pill. He was totally great about going to the 3 session class with me and now we've finished it. I think it helped him understand some of the concepts, and the price wasn't that bad. Again, it helped to have the positive confirmation of the teachers and textbook.

I think mainly it is going to come for us with time. I guess I'm entering my 4th month now? Anyways, the longer we do it, the more confident we will be. Just hopefully, we don't get too confident and get a little lax, though!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

17. BunnyGirl19

People always tell me I'm crazy and that I'll be pregnant in no time (well, at this point I certainly hope so, that that's another subject, LOL). I haven't had anything particularly obscure so that I wasn't able to either doubt myself enough to be careful a little longer to confirm what was going on, and I've never had any "accidents" with this method either. It's just a matter of learning and getting comfortable with your body. Then it's much easier to tell what's going on or if something doesn't seem right in terms of either your temp or other signs. I think most people doubt this method so much because they don't understand how it works and are likely just confusing it with the rhythm method. To some extent the rhythm method is based off a similar principle, but doesn't rely on any sort of corroboration from signs and symptoms. That's why that method doesn't work. It's based on generally false assumptions as well (i.e. 28 day cycle, day 14 O for everyone). With FAM you are using a combination of signs to give you the information you need to determine where you are in your cycle.

18. PinkNett

PinkNett New Member

Thanks for the replies. I think I might stick with you keepers and just not tell anyone about what I am doing. See my mentality at first was that I wanted to tell everyone about it because I was so excited. Finally a really natural effective BC. They just don't seem to have the same joy about it I do. [​IMG] I’m on the luteral phase of my 4th month as well. We are close!! I would love to take some sort of class on the subject but after checking with my doctor (who also thought I was crazy- dedicated she said- but I saw that look) there is not a class for miles around. I will keep searching though.

It's also good to hear Bunny that you have not had any accidents. And that I’m not alone, others think you are crazy too [​IMG] I mean that in a kind way. Its nice not bo be alone in this.

I know that this method will work. I think I'm just going to have to keep it to myself and only share when I think someone may be receptive.

19. BunnyGirl19

I like being crazy. It's a compliment! [​IMG]

20. keppers

keppers New Member

PinkNett, I don't know that it was my stance not to tell people. I totally hear you on being excited about it and wanting to talk about it. I'm just a little shy and don't talk about this with people I know. I guess that's why I'm on this forum, and oh, my husband gets to hear all about it. LOL!

I think a lot of people are uncomfortable with new ideas that totally blindsight them so I wouldn't be too worried if your friends don't see your point of view. Bunnygirl made some good points about the confusion about what the method even is, too. I wonder what your friends will be saying when you've made a good stretch with natural birth control, though?!

I hear you about the classes. I searched a lot and couldn't find any FAM classes, so I took the NFP class even though we're not Catholic, and we're actually doing FAM.