We started TTC

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Temptress Tally, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member

My SO and I decided to start trying for a baby so we pretty stoked about it and we really hoping it dont take too long as he works on rigs which means we'll only have every other month to try.
    About 5 times to try out of a year , so yeah not much!!!

Month 1 of trying, already has my head spinning, and Im totally confused regarding my ovulation but I have no choice but to wait till AF is due.

On Friday I had ovulation cramps plus lots of ewcm,and also the time in my cycle which was CD18 fitted perfect for o since my cycles are normally about 30/31 days
    so that night we bd

The next day and Sunday I had very very little cm which normally happens right after O.
    But then on Monday I had the ov type cramping again and lots of ewcm much more stretchy than it was on Friday so now Im not sure if I o'd Friday or Monday. I never saw my SO on Monday so we couldnt bd and he's gone now till mid August [​IMG]

But besides that ov confusion Im so happy that we started this journey and even more happy knowing how much he wants this. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. iampam

iampam Active Member

Good luck TT!

3. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

Yay Tally! We can be buddies [​IMG]

4. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck to both of you!!

5. Raunchy-Row

6. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Good luck to both of you! TT, are you just coming off a pill? I am no medical professional but I am wondering if your body tried to ovulate once, didn't succeed and tried again? If it works this time, great, but if not, you could keep an eye on when AF shows up and back calculate. You'll know what happened (assuming you know how long your LP is).

7. Temptress Tally

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

8. Temptress Tally

NO I havent been on the pill for years unless you count a short one week stint on it last year August. Other than that we were just using the pull out method until now [​IMG]

Im not sure what happened with regards to ov this month, I read on google somewhere it could have been a estrogen surge but then again I dont take everything that I read on google as fact. All I can do is wait for AF and count back.

But thanks MW and confused [​IMG]

9. Temptress Tally

I started spotting pretty heavy so Im sure it will turn full on AF later this evening which probably means the Monday's cramps and ewcm was when I was preparing to O and not the Friday.

I was working out my next O ,not that I can be 100% sure hopefully I have another long cycle as my SO gets home on the 21st August hopefully hopefully hopefully we can catch O this August month because if I o before he gets home we'll have to wait till September and Ill only know in OCTOBER if it was successful or a bust. Seems so far away [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Raunchy-Row

I hear ya. I wish I had any clue at all when I O. I haven't had a period since April so if it doesnt show this week I'll test to be sure and then start Provera to bring on the old maid before I go on vacation in three weeks!

11. Temptress Tally

Its so frustrating but anyways...

Where you going on Holiday?

12. Raunchy-Row

Driving and camping in BC [​IMG] I'm so stoked! I haven't had a real vacation for a loooong time [​IMG]

13. Temptress Tally

Another month bust [​IMG] [​IMG]

My SO is offshore till 1st November so a whole month and a half to go to try again and then another two weeks to wait and if its a bust again we'll... wash rinse repeat in 2013!!! [​IMG]

Feeling really sad [​IMG]

14. Raunchy-Row

Hang in there! I'm pretty sure I haven't ovulated yet this cycle so I'm trying some soy isoflavones but I'm sure this cycle is a bust for me too.

Are you pretty regular? If so, why not make note of when you usually ovulate and then look at his schedule to see when his being home matches up with ovulation (up to 4/5 days before can still work so keep that in mind!)??

That way you have an idea of which cycles you have a chance at, and the rest of the time you can just enjoy one another and have "fun sex" [​IMG]

15. Temptress Tally

My cycles can be regular'ish but not always.

What I did this past month is keep track of when we bd'ed and I counted 14 days back from when I got AF and we did it the day before, the day on and the day after ovulation and numerous other time during the month but ofcourse it didnt work . [​IMG]

He gets back the 1st Nov which would be right around the time AF comes again but he's home for the rest of the month so he'll defintely be here when I O in November.

Im keeping my fingers crossed you ovulate soon xx

16. GreenTea

GreenTea Super Moderator Staff Member

So in other words, you're using the calendar method to determine when you ovulate. That's not a reliable way to do it--not for preventing pregnancy, and not for calling in pregnancy, either. It's especially unreliable if you don't have perfectly regular cycles.

For all you know, your ovulation might not be 14 days after your period. If your cycles aren't always regular, it's highly unlikely that you're ovulating on the same day of your cycle every month, let alone on day 14 every month.

To know when you ovulate, you have to track your fertility signs, not just count the days.

Edit: I just realized that by "count back," you might mean you assume that your ovulation happened 14 days before your period, not 14 days after the previous one. Again, it's possible that 14 days before your period is not when you ovulate. You could ovulate as little as 10 days or as much as 18 days before your period. To be certain of when you ovulate, again, you would have to track your fertility signs for several cycles.

17. Temptress Tally

Yes I meant count backwards from CD1

Im well aware of varying LP lengths and also quite in tune with the changes in my body during my cycles, I highly doubt its 10 days short I know its between 14-16 days I guess this just wasnt our month thats all.

18. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Row I conceived while using soy [​IMG] If it can work me for me it's worth anyone giving it a shot!

Hang in there Tally, hope it happens soon for you.

19. Temptress Tally

How does soy isoflavones work exactly? Is it mostly used by women to help with ovulation?

20. Temptress Tally

Oh Mel I just saw you expecting. Congrats [​IMG] [​IMG] All the best xxx