Vacation all planned...

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by kellybean, Jun 12, 2008.

1. kellybean

kellybean New Member

...by the man!

Yep, you read it right. He's picked out our 4th of July holiday plans, made the calls and deposits.

Have I mentioned that I love this man!?

Anyway, we'll be heading to Davenport, Iowa for the Mississippi Blues Society Festival. We'll be camping nearby in Illinois, but it's right across the bridge. Hopefully bikable to and fro.

I'm so glad we have such common interests. It really makes the relationship more...fufilled?

*sigh*......off to dreamland....

2. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Cool, sounds like it'll be a blast! Will it be just you two, or family trip with daughter too?

Some day I'd like to hit the Telluride Blue Grass Festival. Heard nothing but great things about it.

3. kellybean

kellybean New Member

Well 4th of July is 'adult holiday'. No kid this one. I have Memorial day and Labor day, and we always camp then too, so it's not like we don't usually take her.

But this time, we are letting our hair down my friend.

I have been to Telluride. Actually Durango is my favorite place on earth(that i've been to anyhow). So tranquil. I'm gonna have to find out now when it is....

I think we would get along just fine desertgirl! We sound like we have alot in common. [​IMG]

Harley, I love to take dd to places I've been, share the memories with her and make new, hopefully she'll take her kids there someday too.... And to see someone after 10 years! How exciting! I get excited when I see my childhood girlfriend too...probably every 3-5 years, oh...and she lives in CO too *wheels are turning*..anyway, we just pick up where we left off. I miss her!

4. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Ahhh, adult holiday...woohoo!!!

My husband grew up in the 4-Corners area, and went to college in Durango--that's his absolute favorite place too. We're halfheartedly looking into property in the area, but prices are outrageous...then again, what's not these days?

5. kellybean

kellybean New Member

really!!!
    I met a guy from the internet there. *eyebrow raised*
    He was nice, really...just too far away for this girl.

6. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

LOL, wouldn't it be funny if had been my hubby you met! One of those 'small world' coincidences!

7. kellybean

kellybean New Member

That's what ran through my head desertgirl! Weird.
    Also when I was there, my girlfriend and I went to this little tiny downstairs hidden bar...I ended up running into a bf from high school that I hadn't seen in years! AND....he had the exact same tatoo as me.....! Double weird!

Oh, your hubby didn't work at the DoubleTree Inn there did he? *eyebrow raised)

8. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Ha, I just asked him if he worked there, and he said he'd been drunk at the Doubletree Inn bar, and maybe "worked it," but never worked there!

So, with all this nasty flooding, are your vacation plans still holding up?

9. kellybean

kellybean New Member

Well, Iowa looks pretty darn flooded, we'll have to wait and see, maybe call ahead, but we are going somewhere!

OK, whew! It's not your hubby then!! lol....I was beginning to wonder.

10. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

damn, i wish my man would plan a vacation for me! its so hard just to get him out of the house [​IMG]

11. kellybean

kellybean New Member

So now I'm beginning to wonder....

*Will he propose*

Oh gawd...I hate that 'wonder' feeling...

...just do it and be done with it already!!!!

What's the drag-on all about!?

*sigh*

12. AngelGirl

AngelGirl New Member

Be sure and check about the whole flooding thing - I saw some terrible flooding footage from that part of Iowa just last week...

I hope he proposes and you have a great vacation - no matter where you go!

13. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

OMG, seriously! Wow, so exciting! I hope he proposes!!!!!

Hubby and I go on vacation tomorrow night. I'm not getting any surprises, but it will be fun!

14. davidpeter

davidpeter New Member

Actually, I had an interesting thing happen when I was playing a couple weeks ago. One of my sims received a call from one of their friends and was asked to go to the beach in South Tahoe. then they planned the trip and we enjoyed a lot there with awesome beaches,commendable Vacation Rentals with amazing staff.