TTC for a year or more **part 10**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Penguin-Goon, Mar 17, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

hey ladies, i was lurking and saw it seemed a new thread might be in order, as to have more room for all the upcoming BPFs!!! [​IMG]

ETA: maybe you think we will have some BFPs too?? lol, just making fun of my own typo [​IMG]

ill lock up the old one and leave it for a few days to let anyone who needs to catch up!!

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Wa-hoo!!!! Let's hope this new thread brings us lots and lots of BFP's! YAY!!!!

3. *mel*

LOL! I didn't even realise the typo when I first looked at it! Here's to loads of BPF's!!!!!

4. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

hehehe!!! i thought it was funny too [​IMG]

5. Ivy0622

Ivy0622 Member

Oh yes.....let's start the BFP bus :) I'm thinking Beth and Mel!

So my weekend was uneventful. DH was away working on the helicopter crash and I started coming down with a cold. I've been off work the past two days. Just not feeling good...UGH!! And last night I was awoken by our dogs at 3:00 a.m. I went downstairs to find the oldest lab in the middle of a seizure (at least that's what we think it is). He had one about 6 weeks ago and had been doing great ever since. Last night though he couldn't stand on his hind legs. Obviously I was worried sick and then I worried about how I could possibly get this 75lb down into my car. I called a friend who just happens to be a vet here and she said to monitor him for now, give him a valium (prescribed after the last episode), and plenty of water. Poor Cooper was sooooo stressed. I lay on the floor with him in the den and after 2 hours he finally drifted off to sleep cuddled up in my arms. Gotta love those furbabies! Anyway, today he's climbing stairs again and running around with the other two pooches, Jack & Blaze. I took him into the vet just to get checked over and she says he's in great health, it's just that he's experiencing these seizures now and it looks like he has some severe arthritis in his hind joints. Hopefully these new meds will help him.

I was speaking with my RE yesterday and we're going to try another few IUI cycles as she was impressed with how I reponded to the Femara, Gonal-F, and trigger. So...as soon as I start a new cycle we'll be doing IUI again. Of course, I may be in the Dominican Republic again so it may delay us for another month. DH figures we need a nice vacation again. And...I think he believes it will happen for us again down there as it did last year. We're both so stress free when we're down there. I think there's a lot to be said for that.

Candy...IVF hey? I may be joining you if the next few IUI's don't work. I've got a feeling that's my best chance actually. I think I'll have difficulty finding an RE to agree with using my own eggs though because of my high FSH. And the travel we'll have to incur is going to be costly for sure. Right now we don't have to pay a cent for the IUI's, between my & DH's insurance. All my drugs are covered, the sperm wash, and of course the us monitoring and IUI itself are covered under our health care. Gotta love Canada for that :)

So....I think my spirits are starting to lift again. It doesn't hurt that DH is on his way home now. Maybe we'll get one past the goalie tonight ;-)

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves. And thank to everyone for your kind messages. You're an amazing bunch!!!

Denise

6. *mel*

Denise I am so pleased to hear you sound so much happier and positive now. Best of luck for the upcoming IUI's, I hope it works for you!

As for the BFP train, well it doesn't look like I will be jumping on it just yet. Looks like I am about to have my shortest LP yet. 9 days!!!! I am asuming it must be due to the lap? AF isn't here yet but it's just a matter of time as my temp dropped well down this morning and I am spotting. I feel so down and I have no idea why, I didn't expect to get pregnant this month and it's not like it's a shock. I would prefer to wait untill I am fully healed anyway but I still feel down. Oh well, on to a brand new cycle....

7. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

Mel, you're gonna get a BFP soon [​IMG]

8. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

awww mel, i bet the short LP is just from the surgery, and now that your body is having its time to heal you WILL get that BFP!! (or did you want a BPF? LMAO!). i can TOTALLY understand why you would be down hun, i mean no, you werent expecting a BFP but you did just have your corrective surgery and your dr said it was entirely possible for you to concieve on your own now, so i think you may just have had your hopes up subconsciously! ya know, its not something you did intentionally, but its kinda like the first month TTC all over again is what im thinking, but its ok, cause your all cleaned out and fixed up and i bet you get it in the next few months, i just have a wonderful feeling about you hun!! i really do! love ya hun, and just remember its ok to feel down every once in a while!

9. *mel*

Yeah, it does make sense Nika, that maybe on some levels I had my hopes up. and your right, it is like starting ttc all over again! It doesn't help that this is the worse AF I have had in a long time, the cramps are so painfull but I think maybe this is an after effect from the lap too!

10. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

awww hun, im so sorry [​IMG] i do hope thats just an after effect from the lap and wont continue!

11. *mel*

Well I have been looking on the net and apparently it's quite common, I wish someone had told me this though so I would at least know what to expect! Urghh!

12. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

yeah, that would have been nice. i did notice you updated the lap thread though so that was nice of you to at least warn other lol! i hope the cramps subside soon though [​IMG]

13. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

It's understandable that you'll be tender (((Mel)))

14. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry... [​IMG] I'm sure I mentioned it in the months after my lap, but I should have put it in my lap experience post! Look at my charts from last summer, they are labeled... First I was on the horse-pee estrogen for a month, but then my first ovulatory cycle after that was real half-a$$!! I O'ed, but temps weren't convincing at first (but FF gave me CH), then I had a really short LP. Half-a$$ed, that's all it is. But now your body is spiffy and ready to get down to business!! [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

15. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Ahhhh Mel hang in there hun your still flushing out bad stuff....

I will be in your boat very soon.

~Jen

16. *mel*

I just looked at your charts MW and see you also had the super short LP so that helps to put my mind at ease! I do remember now that happened to you but I think I just assumed it was down to the pills you were taking! This AF is so bad! I can only compare it to my first AF after I came off the pill. Last night the cramps were that bad, the pain was even in the top of my legs which I have never had before, it just made me even more misreable than I was already! But now I am on a new day and trying to stay positive. I have my appointment on 30th March so hopefully I will get my new plan of action and that should give me something to look forward to!

17. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Heya Mel

My AF always makes my thighs ache...funny my daughter also has the achy thigh syndrome too...weird...we feel it in our thighs more then anywhere else most of the time.

Never heard that from anyone else so it makes me feel better that we aren't just a freakish family.

Update House: They accepted our offer on the house and the panic as started. The inspector is due there Monday and then the estimates for all the repairs etc. We are taking a 203K loan which is a rahab loan. They give us more money on the morgtage for renovating it with quotes from the companies that will do the work.

Update Surgery: Well it looks like the loan for the surgery will be in either tomorrow or Monday, I think. So I will be scheduling everything next week and will firm up the dates.

I'm so nervous...last year I was pg and we bid on the same house and the pg ended in EP and the house they didn't even bother to tell us no they just never contacted us back at all. A year ago I couldn't have it all...aren't I asking too much to have it all now?!?!?!?!

Sorry Ladies...freaking out a bit...

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

~Jen

18. *mel*

No your not asking too much Jen, you deserve this and all good things come to those who wait! Thats such great news on the house!

Glad I'm not the only one with this strange AF pain in my legs! I have never had it before but looked on the internet and it seems it is quite common in women with Endo! How strange is that? I hope this isn't what I have to look forward to in the future! CD3 now and the cramps have gone thank god! I am quite looking forward to my next appointment but also a little nervous, I have no idea how bad my diagnosis really is but am hoping for the best!

19. *mel*

Anyone heard from Candygirl? Doesn't she have an IVF appointment today?

20. court

court New Member

mel....sorry about your cramps and short lp. hopefully it is just your body getting back to normal and ready to be prego this month!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad the cramps/leg cramps have stopped. when I had my ep I had a lot of groin thigh pain. It is just referred pain. it can also go to your low back. I really hope it is your month. do you feel up to ttc. when is your appt. the 30th? make sure you go in with a list of questions. hang in there. thinking of you.
    as for me I am on cd12 and dh and I are starting to ttc now...my dd told her teacher at her preschool (she is only 2.5) that "mommy has a baby in her belly". maybe she knows something I don't, but she is even feeling the stress of wanting this so badly. It was cute....maybe it is a premonition sp???
    we don't talk about it in front of her so I really don't know where she came up with it.??
    jen...yeah on your house!! you deserve ALL of this. stay positive!
    courtney