TTC Chat Part 2

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Lintu, Jul 29, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Congratulations, LIly blosom - great news. I know we haven't spoken much on here but I am really pleased for you. Superb - you must be over the moon!! xx

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

WOW!!! Congrats hunny, I didn't even realise you were ttc again!

3. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

OMG Tiff!!! That was quick! Congrats to you honey!!!xoxox

4. YankeeAg

YankeeAg New Member

Re: *New TTC Chat*

Hello, I am new the forum but really appreciate that this forum exists!! I am 31, TTC for 4 months which doesn't seem like a long time but considering I am gay and have monthly appointments to make sure my egg is big enough and that I'm ovulating at a precise time for my donor semen, it has been a little frustrating. Also because it costs me a pretty penny every time I try! [​IMG] Because of this the docs don't want to waste all my money so this month we're going to do the Dye Test to "clear out the cobwebs" of my fallopian tubes. I am curious if anyone else out there has done this and what they thought. I have heard it feels like a menstrual cramp. Thanks for reading.

5. BethG

BethG New Member

6. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Hi YankeeAg, welcome to the forum. Are you getting the dye test done soon? x

7. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Yankee, I heard that fertility is very good after an HSG or dye test, because it "flushes" out the tubes and makes them more open, for the sperms to swim through. I never had it done, but I know of a few women who had it done from over in the ectopic pregnancy forum to determine if their other tube was blocked. I had an ectopic pregnancy and had the affected tube removed. I contemplated an HSG for the other tube, but ended up not getting it done.

8. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Hi girls - sorry haven't been on in a while so dont know everyone yet.
    Came on to have a rant really so I apologise now. I'm just really annoyed. Been quite a long cycle (2nd one after coming off pill) and it seems like I am never going to ovulate. I have been doing, what seems like 100's of OPKs (I am addicted haha). I had thought that I got a positive OPK on sat am and sun am but no temp shift so it couldnt of been. Was definately very close to it but obviously wasnt positive. Agggghhhh!!!!
    I really have no right to complain, I have a lovely 2 year old daughter and we have only been trying for 7 weeks or so, so really it is early days yet. But just hate the fact that my body is all over the place at the mo.
    Rant over, now breathe, haha
    Sos again, how is everyone else? Yankee, have you had you're dye test yet? xx

9. BethG

BethG New Member

Kazz, I know it's totally frustrating! You weren't on BC before, were you? Looking at your chart, I see your had very stable temps, but today you took a slight dip. Combine that with the positive OPKs you recorded yesterday and Saturday, and it looks like today *could* be your ovulation day. If you see a big temp jump tomorrow, I'd say it's very likely. We can't say for sure yet, but many women do get a temp dip right before they ovulate.

10. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Hehe Kazz, yes its still very early in the TTC game. Most docs wont get concerned until at least a year of active TTC without protection, etc. etc. But we totally understand the frustration!! I had an ectopic pregnancy last year, and then my cycles went haywire after that. I would have cycles 50 days+, so anovulatory, a couple of cycles I had midcycle spotting, 2 +OPKs, but no temperature shift, so I never ovulated. I was beyond frustrated and upset. Blood tests, ultrasounds to find out what was going on, etc. Im wondering the same thing as Beth, were you on BC before? If so, that can really explain your body being a little out of sorts. Hang in there!

11. *mel*

I think most of us can sympathise with getting frustrated with your body, we tend to get angry when it doesn't just bounce back to normal after the pill. Hang in there, things will get better. What were your cycles like before the pill?

12. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Hey guys. Yeah I was on the pill before I conceived my daughter. Was on the pill for several years and after a shocking few months of random cycles, vowed I wouldnt go back on it. Silly me, what did I do - went back on it. I think because the first time although my cyles were random, it only took us 4 ish months to fall pregnant.
    So have been back on the pill (microgynon) for approx 2ish years now, but stopped taking them at the end of November, so still early days. I have been going to acupuncture too which seemed to help my last cycle. Only had 1 session this cycle (due to xmas/new year etc) but going back on Thursday.
    From what I can remember about my cycles pre-pill is not much really - af heavy and fainted quite a bit too, but cant recall how long, pretty sure they weren't that regular though, so I guess its only natural that they are not going to be like clockwork now. I have changed my OPK results to neg on FF as they must have been neg, though I have to say they were extremely close.. Temp hasn't shifted today either so that just confirms it.
    Nessa, really sorry to hear about your ectopic last year - that must have been really traumatic - have you had any luck since? xx
    Thanks for all your words of wisdom girls and sorry again for the epic long moan haha. xxx

13. *mel*

Yeah, if they were not regular before the pill they aren't likely to be regular afterwards either. It does suck though. I wouldn't worry about not seeing a temp rise yet, it's common for your body to gear up to ovulate, get + OPK's and then not ovulate untill later. Also some women can get + OPK's for days before it actually happens! Good luck, I hope this ttc journey is nice and short like it was the first time for you [​IMG]

14. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Kazz, yes I have a little 3 month old baby girl. The doctor put me on Clomid after my whacky cycles. Turns out I would ovulate some cycles, but it would be very late (like sometimes as late as day 40!!). I conceived the very first cycle of Clomid.

15. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Hey guys - sos I haven't been on in a while, been mad busy with work.
    Nessa, did your doctor wait a while before he put you on Clomid? and also, has anyone tried any herbs at all to help regulate their cycles? I am gonna check with my acupuncturist on THursday but just wondered if anyone had tried it before?
    Hope everyone is doing fine. xx

16. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Kazz, you might want to check out Vitex (or Chasteberry is another name for it). It is a natural herb that is suppose to regulate cycles. I took it, and it did seem to help. My doctor didnt wait to put me on Clomid. He had me go for a 21 progesterone test one cycle and after it revealed that I hadn't ovulated, he gave me a 10 day supply of Prometrium to get AF to start, then I started Clomid that cycle!!

17. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Thanks for the info, Nessa. I think I'm gonna speak to my acupuncturist on Thursday about it. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 21 progesterone test? x

18. BethG

BethG New Member

Kazz, nessa is talking about a 7DPO (or roughly CD21) progesterone blood test. After ovulation, progesterone rises and then falls if the egg is not fertilized or does not implant. 7DPO is about the peak. You want to see a level of at least 10. Now, the downside of the test is, on CD21 not all women are 7DPO! Taking a peak at your chart, I see that's true for you this cycle.

19. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Kazz, Beth is right. In my case, the cycle that they testeed my 21 day progesterone, I ovulated after day 21, so obviously that test showed a very low level of progesterone. The 1st cycle I was on Clomid, I ovulated on day 17, but my 21 day progesterone did show ovulation. I still think the 21 day progestrone is so useless, unless you are one of those that consistently ovulates on day 14. It should ideally be done at 7 days past ovulation!

20. *mel*

I think it depends alot on your doctor. I remember very well how mad we all got with your doctor nessa! lol! Useless!!!!! I explained to my doctor that I don't O on CD 14 so they did the test 7 days after I O'd but I know your doctor wanted to do everything by the book, based on an "average" cycle!