TTC after Ectopic - Part 3

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by leeaman7777, Feb 5, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 that have free access to thousands of health related discussions.. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Well my numbers only went down to 11 yesterday. So the doctor wouldnt do my saline ultrasound today. Said we have to follow the numbers down. Thats a little frustrating bc I just want to get on with things. Oh well. Guess I just have to keep waiting.

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Sorry Love...my numbers crawled down after my m/c this last time too.

Hang in there hun.

3. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Elsie, the "you're still young" attitude by your doctor is BS. yes, you are young, but if you can get help conceiving with Clomid, or at the very least be worked up for your wacky cycles and not ovulating, then she should do it! I would be a little upset. Now, if they get you ovulating consistently, and then a year goes by without conceiving, then you can take further steps to try and conceive. But I just dont understand your doctor. You need to ovulate to conceive, and if you are ovulating as infrequently as you have said, then they need to find out why. That will be the first step in trying to get that baby!

4. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

Elsie, if you want to be put on Clomid TELL your doctor. You said it yourself that you did not ovulate for 8 months, that in itself is reason to be on clomid. My doctor is a friend of the family and my mom is a labor and delivery nurse so after a year of trying to concieve naturally(no charting, nothing, just not using protection) I went to him and said "hey its been a year, I want to be a comid" and he put me on.
    My second cycle I concieve but it was an EP and I had it surgically removed with my right tube in jan. In feb I had a really weird period.. just kinda spotting all the time, and then in march when my period started I got the OK to be on Clomid again. I was on the lowest dose so I didn't think anything would happen but low and behold I got a BFP on April 5th!!
    I completely attribute the getting pregnant both times to clomid because I may have been ovulating before but not nearly as regular.

5. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

There are contraindications to Clomid as well though. Not just anyone will be put on Clomid just because they demand it. If you have PCOS or a pituitary issue, Clomid is not an option. Clomid can make PCOS worse, if that is the reason you are not ovulating. They have to work you up to find out why you are not ovulating. Perhaps you have a hyper or hypo functioning thyroid, which is easily corrected and can lead to you starting to ovulate on your own. I also conceived on Clomid, but they did ultrasounds, Prolactin levels, progesterone levels, endometrial biopsy before they prescribed it. Basically exhausted all other efforts before prescribing it. I totally believe in making sure its a simple underlying problem before resorting to fertility meds. Clomid is a wonder drug for a lot of women (me included). Ask your doctor to please look into why you are not ovulating. That's where I would start.

6. Elsie

Elsie New Member

Thank you for the advice ladies. I made an appointment today for May 21, so hopefully there will be some answers in a couple weeks. Its really frustrating to not have your body behave like it's supposed to!

7. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Wait, what? They don't use clomid for PCOS people? My niece was conceived with my SIL with PCOS on it. Weren't they supposed to have given it to her? Hmmm....

8. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

So I did my homework, and it appears that PCOS is not a contraindication to Clomid. I would still request that the doctor work you up for the annovulation, Elsie, then if you still cannot conceive after they get you ovulating try Clomid!

9. Confused-Hasya

10. Elsie

Elsie New Member

That's what I will do. Thanks for the info. I have my temp charts ready to print out, my history on the calendar and the date for the doctor's appt. Hopefully whatever we find out will be fixable!

11. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Well, blood draw #20. My numbers went from 11 last Monday to 6 today. Seriously! So now I have to wait and see if the doctor will do the saline procedure tomorrow or not. The nurse said they consider a negative blood draw 3 or less. I always have heard that it was 5 or less.
    I also asked the nurse if my pathology report had come in. I was told it would take 6 wks. She is now saying 6 to 8 weeks. AHHHH! Nothing quick about this.

12. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Sorry Love...you would think the drama of the whole mess in general would be enough but it just seems even more agonizing as it goes...***HUGS***

13. Confused-Hasya

Love, when I had an m/c, once beta hit 6, they didn't call me back for a draw anymore.

14. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Well i'm hoping they dont call me back for another draw. So then I can get the saline us done And feel like i'm kinda moving ahead.
    Thanks for the hugs Jen.

Maybe you girls know...is there a miscarriage thread? I looked at some ooooolllddd posts and there was talk of creating one. And a lot of the woman on there had had several mc.

15. Confused-Hasya

I don't think so, Love. I started my own thread at the time. Perhaps you could ask one of the moderators to create one for you.

16. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Well, I did have the saline us today. It showed that my uterine cavity was normal.
    I asked the doctor if I had ever had the bloodwork done for recurrent miscarriage. (I knew I didnt have it done before.)He said its premature to have it done and that if we did it he would need to examine it lightly. So he said he'd do it. It was 7 vials of blood!!
    But my question for you all is... I told dh about it and he said I need to stop telling the doctor how to do his job. Is that what I did? I dont want to have a 3rd mc. So I felt that I should ask him about it. Was I wrong?

17. Confused-Hasya

I don't think you were wrong at all, Love.

What does examining it "lightly" mean?

18. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

I think it means that he wouldn't read too much into it. But why wouldn't he read in to it? I don't know!?

19. court

court New Member

love ...YOU are your biggest advocate. No you were not wrong at all for being proactive. not sure what the lightly thing means.
    sorry your beta is going down slow!!!urghhhhhhhhh very frustrating.
    beth...how are you?
    bg...have you tested?? are you waiting? Iknow it is hard, but don't test too early, it is just a let down with false results.
    (I know I know, you like to test)
    why...are you hanging in there.

court

20. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Hehe, court, I think you meant to post that in the TTC for 12+ months forum!! You have pregnancy brain!! Lol!! Happened to me all the time,we understand!