TTC after Ectopic - Part 3

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by leeaman7777, Feb 5, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 that have free access to thousands of health related discussions.. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Thinking of you, ladies.

Love, I don't know what to hope for from the genetic testing. I'll hope for whatever is best for you.

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. Apies1819

Apies1819 New Member

Its been a bit since I have checked in. I have been in a bad place.

Love, You will be in my prayers tonight.

I gave up trying to understand or worry. We are going to try invitro this session. I started my birth control pill 3 days ago. They are thinking we will do the implantation mid may. Has anyone here gone this route yet?

3. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

4. Confused-Hasya

Wishing you success, Apies!

5. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Did this thread move? No one is posting.

6. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

No it didn't move...just everyone has either moved on or majorly depressed...<sigh>

7. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Although maybe we need a new thread...too many pages...

8. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Too many pages...true. I want to go back and read through to see where everyone was headed.

If anyone is still reading this maybe check in and let us know how you are!

9. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

I'm not trying to conceive, but I come and check in here from time to time. Always hoping to see some good news. Love, I saw your post from the TTC for 12+ months thread, are you planning on TTC after your betas reach 0, and you get AF?

10. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Yes I plan on continuing to TTC. I don't see any point in waiting.

11. Elsie

Elsie New Member

I'm still here! I got the "thumbs-up" from my doctor, so we are TTC. Just started charting last month, but it is all over the place. I may be here for a while....

Good luck, ladies!

12. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Hi Elsie! Is this your first time charting? I know that you need to make sure you're taking your temperature at the same time every day. If you're not familiar with charting I'll tell you more.

How are you feeling? I bet you feel a sense of relief to have the ok from your doctor! Thats great. I need to go back and reread your posts but how long did it take for you to conceive you ep? I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. Its such an emotional and physical roller coaster.

Don't feel too bad about being here for awhile. There is a lot of support and a lot of other woman having similar issues. I'm on month...hmmm...22. Never thought this would be my life.

13. Elsie

Elsie New Member

Hello Love!
    Let's see, it took about 4 months for us to conceive the ep, but I only ovulated once in 8 months and that was it! It was our 1st. It was definitely a terrible roller coaster! I know that "things happen for a reason", but it better be a good reason! I didn't tell many people that I was pregnant, but the people that do know keep saying that.
    Anyway, it feels good to get the a-ok. I don't have any of the risk factors for ep, so I am hoping it was just a fluke! Wow, month 22? Good luck to you. That baby will be so worth it. Keep at it, I know it will happen soon!!! I already feel like I am a little older than I should be to start a family, but I wanted to get school out of the way.
    I have been reading a TON about charting. I take it everyday at 6:45, whether I am getting out of bed or not. I don't drink very much, but I make a note when I do. I have been using fertility friend, and there are no crosshairs on my chart. Boo. I talked to my doc about meds, but she said she wants to wait "since I am still young, and there are side effects". I am about to start a job (graduating June 6), so insurance and docs will change, so I will bring it up to my next doc.
    Sorry this is so long!!!

14. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Elsie- How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
    Yes, 22 months. But i'be been pregnant 3 times in the past 21 months. Sand of those 21 months I was pregnant for 5 of them and unable to try for a few bc of my ep. So that makes me feel some what better. The whole thing sucks. I keep think how this Id have a one year old right now had my first pregnancy not been ep. Cant think that way though.

I use FF too. I like to temp but havent in a while bc of being on clomid and the doctor controlling my ovulation. May do it again if I stop getting monitored each month.

15. Elsie

Elsie New Member

Good morning!
    Wow, what a crazy situation. I hope everything starts to work out for you. I thought 1 lost pregnancy was hard, so you are a strong woman to make it through 3 of them. I can't imagine how you feel, but I wish you health and a positive experience!
    I am 27, and I always thought that I would be finished having kids by now! I know that things don't always work out the way we want, but I just thought I would be able to have children "when I was ready". Today's Mother's Day. What a cruel joke. I hope you are doing ok.
    Since I don't ovulate regularly, I was interested in finding out more about Clomid, but my ob/gyn didn't think it was necessary to "worry about it yet". I guess it's only been 7 weeks since my EP, so I hope I get some sort of regular cycle soon.

16. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

I think its great that you are temping. It will give you good info about your cycles. My cycles change dramatically after my EP. So I was able to take my info gathered from temping to my gynocologist with me before I started seeing the reproductive endo.
    Hopefully your cycles will kick into gear quickly. Did you have pretty normal cycles to begin with? I didnt start clomid right away and I didnt start it because of ovulation problems.
    I think Nessa started Clomid bc she wasnt o'ing after her EP. I know she still pops in over here so she'll correct me if i'm wrong.
    You're right about Mother's day being difficult. Its hard for a lot of people for different reasons. I think this is the first year I realized it though. But tomorrow this day will be over and maybe by next year i'll have a little one.
    I know what you mean about being done having kids by now. I'm 28. I thought I would have atleast one by now. My mom was done having kids by 26.

17. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Yes, I was on Clomid and conceived the first month on it. I was ovulating after my EP, but it was often very late in my cycle (day 40, 50+), and I was having midcycle spotting. In a nutshell, my cycles were just crazy after my EP. My doc did a 21 day progesterone, and put me on Clomid as a result of it being very low.

Sorry ladies about Mother's Day. You will be celebrating as mothers, just remember that. I too was in a world of hurt after going through my EP and seeing everyone else celebrate Mother's Day. Hang in there ladies! I know how you all are feeling!

18. Confused-Hasya

Yeah, life is cruel at times. When, by all rights, you are a mother because you had life inside you. Last year, I was bleeding away my first pregnancy on Mother's Day. I kept telling myself that I was a mother too, just not a world-recognized one.

Here's wishing that you'll all celebrate next Mother's Day with your thriving babies in your arms.

19. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

[​IMG]

Well put Confused!

20. Elsie

Elsie New Member

My cycles have always been wacky. If some sort of cycle doesn't develop, then I am going back to the doctor to talk to her some more. I understand that there are pros and cons to everything, but I am willing to take those risks!