The Effects of Stopping Birth Control (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Contraception' started by Raunchy-Row, May 18, 2015.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. btrom333

btrom333 New Member

Hi ladies! I'm new to this website so bare with me lol...anyway I'm 2 months post nexplanon removal and I have had horrible side effects just like you guys all have. Anxiety, depression, intrusive/obsessive thoughts, thinking im going crazy:( its horrible! Many other women and blogs that I have read inspired me to write a blog and I thought I'd post the link on here to maybe help you guys feel as if you arent alone! nexplanonnightmare.blogspot.com is the link. hoping you guys get back to normal soon!<3

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Hi Natalia I haven't started medication yet! Possibly next week. I am scared!! I don't want to feel worse!
    Wow they didn't keep you on medication long. How come they want to take you off so quick? Xx

3. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Hi Natalia I haven't started medication yet! Possibly next week. I am scared!! I don't want to feel worse!
    Wow they didn't keep you on medication long. How come they want to take you off so quick? Xx
    hi Btrom.
    I just read your blog! Seems like we have had a similar experience. I also developed a fear/obsession of thinking about suicide, so scared that one day I would be driven to do this etc. it's been horrible! Thank you for sharing your blog!
    btrom333 likes this.

4. btrom333

btrom333 New Member

I was so scared of that too, still am. but its definitely not as bad as it was when i first got my birth control out. how long have you been off birth control?

5. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Yeah I developed a few different OCD thought topics. But mainly suicide. It's been horrible. I'm a year off, when I was 6-7 months off Depo provera I was feeling a lot better, still having the thoughts tho. Unfortunately I got talked into trying a hormone cream and after 6 weeks it put me straight back to square one. Was horrible! I'm contemplating going on an anti depressant, I was so determined to get through this naturally but it's been a year and a bit now and it's really hard! I've had a good therapist that has helped me. How about you? X

6. btrom333

btrom333 New Member

Ugh that sounds so horrible, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It's seriously the worst thing ever! But I was on nexplanon for about 10 months and in the 10th month I started feeling very anxious and had crazy obsessive thoughts so I got it removed and it made everything 10x worse. I've been off of it for almost 2 months now and I'm better than I was when I first got off of it but I still have OCD thoughts. I get scared that I'm going crazy and this isn't from my hormones but I have to keep reminding myself that it is. I take a vitamin called Fem Rebalance and I changed my eating habits. You should look into Fem Rebalance, it's an all natural vitamin that helps restore hormones. It's been really working for me!

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi,
    How is everybody doing? It's such a long difficult road to recovery. I mentioned that I started reflexology recently which has been helping but now my period is 5 days late!! There is zero chance of being pregnant. I've never been late with my period. I've had terrible back pain for over ten days so I thought I was definitely getting it, and I was really weepy and emotional. Yesterday I had the nervous feeling and the shakes. I didn't have the nervousness feel for almost 2 weeks. But no period yet.
    I really regret taking the Maca powder!!! I don't know what to do now. I got another prescription for the pill I was on before this started and I'm debating whether to jump back on it if my period turns up. I'm scared of taking anything.
    I hope others are doing ok. I wish I was one of the people who has recovered. :(

8. btrom333

btrom333 New Member

Hi Deirdre! How long have you been off birth control? I've been off mine for 2 months now and i was just recently having a great week i thought i was back to normal! but now im right back to where i was; constant anxiety and horrible depression and im beginning to think its not my hormones doing this to me anymore:(

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi,
    How is everybody doing? It's such a long difficult road to recovery. I mentioned that I started reflexology recently which has been helping but now my period is 5 days late!! There is zero chance of being pregnant. I've never been late with my period. I've had terrible back pain for over ten days so I thought I was definitely getting it, and I was really weepy and emotional. Yesterday I had the nervous feeling and the shakes. I didn't have the nervousness feel for almost 2 weeks. But no period yet.
    I really regret taking the Maca powder!!! I don't know what to do now. I got another prescription for the pill I was on before this started and I'm debating whether to jump back on it if my period turns up. I'm scared of taking anything.
    I hope others are doing ok. I wish I was one of the people who has recovered. :(
    Hi Btrom,
    I'm off them 1 year and 5 months. Personally, I felt great the first 6 months but I had my first panic attack within 2 months that coincided with my period. My diet was relatively good except for I had a love of wine!!! I haven't drank a drop now since June this year when my anxiety got really bad. It's unbelievable that birth control can do this. I do know though that my periods weren't ok the last year I was on birth control-and they haven't been since I came off them. I did have a bit of stress but I've always managed stress very well. I never expected anything like this to happen. Im at a loss what to do right now. It's hard to know what to do. I hope you have an easier transition off yours.

10. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi,
    Hi Btrom,
    I'm off them 1 year and 5 months. Personally, I felt great the first 6 months but I had my first panic attack within 2 months that coincided with my period. My diet was relatively good except for I had a love of wine!!! I haven't drank a drop now since June this year when my anxiety got really bad. It's unbelievable that birth control can do this. I do know though that my periods weren't ok the last year I was on birth control-and they haven't been since I came off them. I did have a bit of stress but I've always managed stress very well. I never expected anything like this to happen. Im at a loss what to do right now. It's hard to know what to do. I hope you have an easier transition off yours.

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I just wanted to add something that may help one of us out there-I saw an article that actually mentioned anxiety and depression being heightened by certain vitamins in certain individuals..... B-complex and stress b complex were mentioned along with some Omega's etc. I only saw the article today so I haven't tried stopping them myself.
    I know that when I tried the Maca powder I was also taking a combination pill of omega's 3,6,9 along with a woman's multi Vit that also contained evening primrose oil with star flower oil and on top of that I also took a separate evening primrose oil as well as iron, stress b complex, and Vit D3. I also found evidence online that one should not take Maca powder with certain omega's (Shane I hadn't seen that article before I took it) as they interact negatively.
    So I'm beginning to think I over supplemented. Maybe what my body needs is for me to stop taking all these and let it recover a bit. My first panic attack actually coincided with me taking a skin hair and nail supplement 2 months after stopping birth control. I remember thinking the supplement had caused it so I stopped taking it and I think I switched to a normal multi vitamin I had used years ago. My anxiety remained after that first panic attack but I recall starting vitamin b straight away and being on that pretty much continuously since. It's just a theory of mine but just maybe my body can't tolerate vitamins or tablets. I don't know if anybody used to get kind of a feeling of being about to vomit after taking their birth control pills??? I used to get it quite a bit and I've had it taking vitamins as well.
    I'm going to stop taking my b vitamin I think. I may also stop taking a few others gradually just to see if they have any effect. I might start with the omega's as well. It's all trial and error really in between losing my mind....I know I've definitely been pumping vitamins into myself thinking they had to help. I know I had all my levels all tested at the doctors when in February so nothing showed up as low so maybe I just don't need them all. Wouldn't it be nice if that was the solution!!!! It's worth a try. I know i definitely felt better before Maca and Omega's. I saw a forum where one guy took a multi vitamin for years and suffered depression and he went to visit a friend for a week ad forget his multi Vit an after the week he get great and went back on his multi Vit when he got home and get terrible again! It's worth a try I think. I'll report back if thinks improve. Hopefully, they will. :)

12. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

Hi!
    I don't know if it will last or not but I feel great!
    Even forgot today to take my antidepressants which is bad but a good sign that I begin to forget all this mess.
    Actually it is the only thing that really helped me-antidepressant and antianxiety meds. And of course time.
    Diet didn't help me a lot, vitamin B provoked allergy and panic attacks( I repeated the experiment several times), reflexology made me worse in general.
    Ah, and running, running helped for sure.
    Well, now I feel good! Working, going out, enjoying. I feel like I found myself finally.
    I didn't believe it. So will happen to you too. For sure!
    Natalia

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi Natalia,
    I'm so happy for you!!! And a little bit jealous :) that is such great news to hear that you are doing well and enjoying life again.
    I had a good day today. I also got my period and that was emotional..... I cry at everything ha ha ha. It's so not like me but I do feel like things are improving even if it's only small things.
    The reflexology for me I think helped as my period is starting to come back. I'm suffering with terrible back pain but I'm taking that to be a good sign as it didn't hurt much before.
    I would say that I am 50% better than what I was maybe a month ago ....
    What bothers me a lot is that nobody believes me when I say it is the birth control pill. It saddens me that they don't believe me. But, there is nothing I can do about that. I feel that I can't talk to people about it.
    Natalia, I'm truly happy for you. It gives us all hope that things will get better. Keep us updated......:)

14. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

T
    Thanks Deirdre!
    I don't know if it will last, but now is the best time I had in 1.5 years.
    But with ovulation things always worsen.
    Don't doubt, IT IS the pills!
    My colleague began to have panic attacks recently after Postinor (hormonal pill), while we discussed it-our client came into the room and asked what are we discussing. Omg! She said that she has the same for year or two but didn't know what it is!!! She was sooo relieved!
    See, there are lots of people with the same problem, most of them just don't tell or don't understand what is happening and why.

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi Natalia,
    I'm so happy for you!!! And a little bit jealous :) that is such great news to hear that you are doing well and enjoying life again.
    I had a good day today. I also got my period and that was emotional..... I cry at everything ha ha ha. It's so not like me but I do feel like things are improving even if it's only small things.
    The reflexology for me I think helped as my period is starting to come back. I'm suffering with terrible back pain but I'm taking that to be a good sign as it didn't hurt much before.
    What bothers me a lot is that nobody believes me when I say it is the birth control pill. It saddens me that they don't believe me. But, there is nothing I can do about that. I feel that I can't talk to people about it.
    Natalia, I'm truly happy for you. It gives us all hope that things will get better. Keep us updated......:)
    oh my god Natalia, your colleague must have been so grateful to know that and your client. They must have felt such relief from hearing you say you were going through it too!!! At least you can talk to each other and understand each other.
    Today I walked through my home town and there was an event going on so the place was very busy and I watched the people and I kept thinking to myself that maybe there is somebody like me in the crowd. Suffering like I am and they are just trying to smile through it all.
    Fingers crossed that we are all on the path to recovery. I know this has changed my perspective on life and the important things in it.
    I love to hear stories from people who have recovered. It gives me hope. :)

16. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi Natalia,
    oh my god Natalia, your colleague must have been so grateful to know that and your client. They must have felt such relief from hearing you say you were going through it too!!! At least you can talk to each other and understand each other.
    Today I walked through my home town and there was an event going on so the place was very busy and I watched the people and I kept thinking to myself that maybe there is somebody like me in the crowd. Suffering like I am and they are just trying to smile through it all.
    Fingers crossed that we are all on the path to recovery. I know this has changed my perspective on life and the important things in it.
    I love to hear stories from people who have recovered. It gives me hope. :)

17. Nicole_T

Nicole_T New Member

Hi Natalia,

I''m really happy for you and I hope it lasts and this is you recovered now :) I was also thinking about going on anti D but haven't started yet as I'm improving day by day. Which antidepressants are you on?

Nicole

18. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Well I got my period and I didn't go back on the pill...... My period is starting to come back to normal-slowly!!! I had 2 good days of almost normal period so I'm hoping next months will be better. My back is absolutely killing me though..... It's been like this for over 2 weeks now!!! I woke up anxious today and emotional. I think my anxiety however is morphing into depression now. I don't know if that's the next healing level or not.?
    I'm super emotional every morning now. I'm so ready to get back to being me. I worry as I'm sure you all do that this will never end. It's difficult.
    I know people have come back saying they are better but it's still hard to believe when your going through it. Oh I just hope it improves. :(

19. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Hi Deidre,
    That's good news that your period came back!! I really didn't like the idea of you going back on the pill, after what it has done to us all. But that's your decision.
    I feel the same that my anxiety began changing into depression after the year. The whole time I never felt like I had depression until more the 1 year mark, I think it gets too much and feels like you are never getting better.
    Yes, just have to have hope that we will get better just like all the other ladies. we will. It's hard I know... like the hardest thing in the world. Can I ask, what made you give up on trying anti depressant? Did it make you feel sick, anxious etc? Xx lots of love

20. Sita

Sita New Member

I am living a nightmare I stopped my Depo (I was on it for almost 9yrs) in May and was feeling great, until August 8th, when I was babysitting (what I've always enjoyed doing) and had what I'm assuming was a panick attack (now I get anxious around children ), and my mind flooded with horrible thoughts, that week I lost sight of me, I no longer knew who I was, everything seemed cloudy and sometimes I'd look in the mirror and not recognize myself, I couldn't eat, sleep, nauseous, scared, after that horrible week, I had a day of spotting (period), first one in 9 years. I still felt miserable for about 3 weeks, but it was still better than that first week before the day of spotting.... I finally thought I was seeing some progress and having more "me" moments, until last week, and my mind is just flooded with horrible, scary thoughts and feelings! This is just the most frightening thing that has ever happened. Before this, I had/have an almost perfect life. ..... And I just want that back! ... This thread got me through that first bout of horror but now I'm feeling so hopeless again! I want my life and my mind back!