The Effects of Stopping Birth Control (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Contraception' started by Raunchy-Row, May 18, 2015.

1. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

So, sorry for my style of writing, I dont even know if I posted ir not. I wanted to say-that antianxiety plus antidepressant helped me tremendously
    Deirdre likes this.

2. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

Also I was on meditation training here in Moscow. Mingyur Rinpoche, he is famous in western world, he suffered panic disorder and meditation helped him to cure it. He has very good books. The secret is to accept.

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm so sorry you are having a bad time. I understand how it is. I'm sorry I was blurting out every sort of thing this morning. I know it's not easy listening to others because it increases ones own anxiety. I wish I had the cure for us all. :)
    It does that to me too

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

NataliaD,
    What anti-anxiety medication were you put on? Are you still on it? I'm so glad it is working for you. I have been given anxiety medication but I am scared to try it but hearing you are doing so well makes me think I might try it.

5. Deally55

Deally55 Member

people benefit from anxiety medication as long as they do not abuse it... I've had a friend who got addicted on diazepam... he said that getting off it (diazepams withdrawals) were the worst thing he ever experienced and the worst period of his life

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I had an update written but it's disappeared

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I had an update written but it's disappeared

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi kimi,
    How are you doing now?

9. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi kimi,
    How are you doing now?

10. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Hi Deidre,
    How are you going? This site is playing up! Never say sorry for messaging! It's great to have you to talk to X
    How are you going? What are you thinking about the medication? Have you taken? Hope you are feeling okay!

Natilia, did you go on medication straight away when this all happened?

11. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Hi Deidre,
    How are you going? This site is playing up! Never say sorry for messaging! It's great to have you to talk to X
    How are you going? What are you thinking about the medication? Have you taken? Hope you are feeling okay!

Natilia, did you go on medication straight away when this all happened?

12. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm getting frustrated with typing big messages and them not posting on the site....... I hope it gets fixed soon as we all need the support here going through this hell.

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm getting frustrated with typing big messages and them not posting on the site....... I hope it gets fixed soon as we all need the support here going through this hell. :)
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

14. sunrise

sunrise New Member

Hi everyone! I tried posting a long message on here a couple days ago, but it didn't go through completely so I deleted the partly message... Tried again a few times after that but it just wouldn't work! But now that I see more people are having trouble with long messages, I am going to try and post mine in parts... so bear with me over the next few posts while I figure out what works ;)

15. sunrise

sunrise New Member

Okay, here goes...

Hello all, I haven't posted here in a couple of months, but I thought I'd come over and give you all an update, because I am happy to say I am doing much, much better! So hopefully my post can give some of you going through the worst of it right now some hope, I know it did for me when I saw others posting that things did get better, while I was at a point myself where I felt I'd be stuck with this anxiety forever.

I'll quickly recap my story for those of you who haven't read my posts before. I got off the pill (yasmin) after having been on it for 11 years, and around a month after quitting I had the worst panic attack I had ever had in my life, and after that it just didn't go away. I struggled with constant, very physical and very deliberating anxiety for weeks. I couldn't eat, could barely sleep, could hardly go out of the house, I just sat inside shaking from head to toe, tried to keep myself distracted at all times with mindless happy tv shows etc. because the second I got time to think, all that would rush into my head were the worst thoughts imaginable which only made me feel worse. I lost around 10 kg in about two weeks!

16. sunrise

sunrise New Member

Okay... the site went down just as I was trying to post more and now it won't post anything else I paste into posts.... Grrrrr!! I'll try to figure this out, I want to get this out there!
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016

17. sunrise

sunrise New Member

Sorry, this is so frustrating. It lets me post when I type a short sentence here but as soon as I try to paste some of my previous message, I get errors again. @Deirdre, I'll try private messaging you, hopefully it works over there!!

18. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

I started 2.5 months ago, 1.2 year after stopping bcp

19. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

I felt initially worse, true, and it was like 1 month this way. But then slowly I felt better and better.

20. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Natilia, how did you find the courage to continue with the anti depressant when it was making you feel worse!? X I think Deidre and I are both very anxious about starting our meds after trying to recover naturally for 1 and a bit years xx