The Effects of Stopping Birth Control (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Contraception' started by Raunchy-Row, May 18, 2015.

1. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hi,
    Sorry half my post didn't go earlier-I'm having trouble reading messages and posting lately. I will start 25mg of lustral later today. I'm so scared to take it but I have to do something. I had a big post written but I've no idea where it went.
    I never thought I'd be feeling this way. I had to stop work last week because I didn't think I could do it. I worked with kids and dos after school collections etc at a Creche and I didn't feel I could collect them the way I'm feeling. It wasn't right. It's hard because nobody believes it's hormones or that coming off the pill had anything to do with it. My family just think I'm gone bonkers and just say get on the pills. It's very upsetting. I'm sure I'd be thinking the same because really it's over a year off the pill and I'm worse than I was at the start. :(
    Anyway, the lady in the pharmacy was lovely when I collected my prescription (it's embarrassing because I live in a small town and I know this lady-she was in school a few years below me). She explained that I may not feel any difference for like 3 weeks until my dosage increases and that I shouldn't lose h

2. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Hope. I should continue with it.

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm having trouble with the site posting. Sorry. I want to say more but it's not letting me.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Pip,
    I hope you have a good support network around you. I think that's important. I wish I had a significant other that could help me. Or even just a hug would be make a difference.
    I bet you are probably a really strong person but I'm sure this has knocked you.... Like it has me. I guess we forts find that strength within us again and pick ourselves up. I know it's easier said than done. But hopefully in a few months we'll be cured like others. I know it took some people over a year to recover so because of our set back it may take longer but fingers crossed we will come out of this better off. I'll never mess with my hormones again!!! Makes you wonder how women get through menopause....... I'm dreading that. Also women who get the blues after having babies. They all recover over time. So we will too.
    I still haven't taken the anti-anxiety med..... I have to take my daughter somewhere later on so I'm holding out till this evening. Right now she is what's keeping me going. I worry when she sees me upset that it will have a negative affect on her. Hopefully it won't. Sending you all my prayers for a full recovery. I'll never take life for granted again.

5. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Pip,
    I hope you have a good support network around you. I think that's important. I wish I had a significant other that could help me. Or even just a hug would be make a difference.
    I bet you are probably a really strong person but I'm sure this has knocked you.... Like it has me. I guess we forts find that strength within us again and pick ourselves up. I know it's easier said than done. But hopefully in a few months we'll be cured like others. I know it took some people over a year to recover so because of our set back it may take longer but fingers crossed we will come out of this better off. I'll never mess with my hormones again!!! Makes you wonder how women get through menopause....... I'm dreading that. Also women who get the blues after having babies. They all recover over time. So we will too.
    I still haven't taken the anti-anxiety med..... I have to take my daughter somewhere later on so I'm holding out till this evening. Right now she is what's keeping me going. I worry when she sees me upset that it will have a negative affect on her. Hopefully it won't. Sending you all my prayers for a full recovery. I'll never take life for granted again.

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm really emotional today. I haven't a clue what's going on. I'm scared to try the anxiety medication because it says I'll get worse before I get better. Then my lovely neighbour though I was looking for a new job so they put in a word for me in a local place but I'm scared to start a job because I don't want to have a breakdown in a new job. I can barely get out of bed. It's all up in the air. I so hope this hormonal. I don't want the rest of my life like this. I want to be me again. I'm so emotional it's not like me at all. I couldn't face feeling worse on the medication. Most say it only lasts a few weeks until the dosage settles but that's a lifetime to me.
    I hate being so down about this. I had a few great days 2 weeks ago. This is awful. Thing is when I'm with others I'm ok but when I'm alone or have to go to work I get on edge. A nervousness overcomes me. So hard to explain at times. I wish I knew for certain that I would recover.

7. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm really emotional today. I haven't a clue what's going on. I'm scared to try the anxiety medication because it says I'll get worse before I get better. Then my lovely neighbour though I was looking for a new job so they put in a word for me in a local place but I'm scared to start a job because I don't want to have a breakdown in a new job. I can barely get out of bed. It's all up in the air. I so hope this hormonal. I don't want the rest of my life like this. I want to be me again. I'm so emotional it's not like me at all. I couldn't face feeling worse on the medication. Most say it only lasts a few weeks until the dosage settles but that's a lifetime to me.
    I hate being so down about this. I had a few great days 2 weeks ago. This is awful. Thing is when I'm with others I'm ok but when I'm alone or have to go to work I get on edge. A nervousness overcomes me. So hard to explain at times. I wish I knew for certain that I would recover.

8. abcxx

abcxx New Member

did anyone feel worse after their first period off the pill? actually started taking the pill again after initially stopping it out of desperation but then stopped again a few days later. Then had a withdrawal bleed and then a late period, was feeling better after the withdrawal bleed and then soon as the period came have felt horrendous like the start:(

9. abcxx

abcxx New Member

have been off my period for a few days now and still honestly feel so awful:(

10. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

The site is playing up a bit. Yes I am lucky and have a lovely partner who helps me get through. But at times I still feel like no one gets it. I know you are really anxious about taking the medication just like me.. Did your psychaitrist explain any side effects which might happen? Did he say Anything about getting worse before better? Please try not too Google..
    Deidre, I feel like we are at the same point and although we are both so scared I think we need to do it. Well I do anyway. I feel my depression is getting worse xx hope you are okay. Let me know how you go X

11. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Hi, yes definetly. My first period was horrible I felt sooooo bad like never before. Extreme fatigue, anxiety through the roof, uncontrollable crying, shaking, flu like symptoms etc.. The first was the worst. Then gradually through the month feel okay and then feel yuck but not quite as bad again before my period then get quite emotional and anxious around each period. Hope you are okay. Hang in there xo

12. abcxx

abcxx New Member

Okay, thank you! It's just stressful as was feeling really quite a bit better in terms of emotional numbness and things! Had an anxiety attack where felt very ill and scared:(

13. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Thanks Pip,
    I'm feeling ok now the past few hours. The psychiatrist said I would get worse before I get better. You are right though about not googling things!!! It's my down fall. I haven't taken it yet though.
    Can I ask did you get any medication yet? Hold onto your man for support. I would give anything to have some support-even somebody living in the house with me that is an adult so that I wouldn't feel alone through this.
    It is nice to have you to talk to. At least you understand. What a nightmare this is. my sister thinks I should see a local reflexologist. My sister thinks I'm in early menopause. A friend of hers had luck with a reflexologist. I've heard good things about this lady that does it-obviously not for my specific thing but I'm beginning to think it's worth a go. I was going to go to her months ago before I got this bad but I didn't. I wish I had now. Instead of taking things that I just had no clue about. But I guess we are all desperate to recover so we try different things that work for others without realising that out hormones could be doing different things and at different levels. So what works for one won't work for others. I'm not going to mess anymore with my body.
    Thanks for listening to me. I really hope you recover soon. :)

14. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

Ar
    are you going to take the medication though? X
    You know you aren't in early menopause because we are all going through this too. Family don't get it I think cause they haven't read all what we have read. I'm getting my medication next week

15. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

Thanks Pip,
    I'm feeling ok now the past few hours. The psychiatrist said I would get worse before I get better. You are right though about not googling things!!! It's my down fall. I haven't taken it yet though.
    Can I ask did you get any medication yet? Hold onto your man for support. I would give anything to have some support-even somebody living in the house with me that is an adult so that I wouldn't feel alone through this.
    It is nice to have you to talk to. At least you understand. What a nightmare this is. my sister thinks I should see a local reflexologist. My sister thinks I'm in early menopause. A friend of hers had luck with a reflexologist. I've heard good things about this lady that does it-obviously not for my specific thing but I'm beginning to think it's worth a go. I was going to go to her months ago before I got this bad but I didn't. I wish I had now. Instead of taking things that I just had no clue about. But I guess we are all desperate to recover so we try different things that work for others without realising that out hormones could be doing different things and at different levels. So what works for one won't work for others. I'm not going to mess anymore with my body.
    Thanks for listening to me. I really hope you recover soon. :)
    I think so. My sister thinks I should anyway. I am scared to though.

16. Pip02

Pip02 New Member

I know its
    I know it's so scary. I keep going between yes and no but I think it's worth a shot. My low times are pretty bad at the moment X

17. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm so sorry you are having a bad time. I understand how it is. I'm sorry I was blurting out every sort of thing this morning. I know it's not easy listening to others because it increases ones own anxiety. I wish I had the cure for us all. :)

18. Deirdre

Deirdre Member

I'm so sorry you are having a bad time. I understand how it is. I'm sorry I was blurting out every sort of thing this morning. I know it's not easy listening to others because it increases ones own anxiety. I wish I had the cure for us all. :)

19. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

I start to write but then site blocks me

20. NataliaD

NataliaD Member

And if my message is too long its also blocks me, ufff