The Effects of Stopping Birth Control (part 5!!!)

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Raunchy-Row, Mar 4, 2013.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 that have free access to thousands of health related discussions.. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Ugh has anybody had this problem? I find myself getting my feelings hurt by like everything my boyfriend says. He never purposely hurts my feelings but he does like to joke around a lot and before all this mess happened I was able to take a joke. But now here recently I get my feelings hurt by everything he says and its getting progressively worse. First it would only be a few seconds that my feelings would be hurting and I'd just get over it and realize its a joke, then it got worse I'd overthink what he said and my feelings would be hurting for like an hour and I couldn't seem to brush off the sadness I was feeling. Now its something that lasts all day and its like a horrible depression that makes you want to cry. Everything hurts so bad. :( He understands that I'm overly sensitive now and is always trying to make me feel better. Which is really sweet. I just hate being so depressed and making him deal with me..

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. NicoleH989

NicoleH989 Active Member

I'm exactly like that with everything everyone says to me

3. NicoleH989

NicoleH989 Active Member

ROCD ladies - My current situation is that, I'm not experiencing any intrusive thoughts etc, I'm just feeling nothing, not attracted to my boyfriend, sexually or in any other way. I love him with all my heart, that I'm sure of, and I want to be with him...any of you girls like this?
    Joss likes this.

4. EmmyLoo

EmmyLoo Active Member

I feel this at the moment. I haven't so much got the intrusive thoughts, as i just feel a little cut off from things, especially towards my relationship - making me feel slightly off. But all in all, its a lot bearable that say a month and half ago.

So i would say ebbs and flows :) We're just going through a bout of disconnection or something. Not too worry :) x
    Joss and NicoleH989 like this.

5. AprilLudgate

AprilLudgate Active Member

Same boat,Nicole.
    I don't want feel like this,but obviusly it is not my choice.:/
    Joss and NicoleH989 like this.

6. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

I'm really scared. I feel so disconnected from reality. I have a hard time concentrating and remembering people's faces and while I was having a a panic attack yesterday my mind decided to play tricks on me and say "what If you're losing your mind and you're getting amnesia and you REALLY don't know who these people are?" Like wtf that doesn't make any sense. I'm so scared. Depersonalizations sucks so much. Nothing feels real..
    Joss likes this.

7. NicoleH989

NicoleH989 Active Member

Happy post - my period has arrived exactly 4 weeks since my last - which has been 2 cycles now that have been regular
    EmmyLoo likes this.

8. NicoleH989

NicoleH989 Active Member

Yeah I'd say this is bareable, I just feel off in general which I'm just wanting that to lift if that makes sense ? I generally just feel "off" most days!

Thanks Emmyloo xx

9. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Don't know what to do anymore. I've felt numb for so long.. I'm starting to believe Im just completely numb towards my BF and don't love him anymore. I don't know what to do. I can't deal with this anymore. I feel so detached emotionally from everything.

10. AprilLudgate

my thyroid hormons are out of range!

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

finals week is this week it's making me SOOOOO STRESSED. I need to take it down a notch :( ugh getting all emotional

12. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Does anybody's anxiety/ROCD make them think they fancy someone else besides their boyfriend when they actually don't? Like random people on the street, ex boyfriends, people on Facebook. My best friend dates my old ex boyfriends brother and for some reason the thought of my ex just randomly popped up when she was talking about her boyfriend just because she dates his brother. I barely even liked this guy and it was so long long ago almost a year ago actually. I didn't even date for him a month and he was too young and imature for me anyways. So why is my mind obsessing about the fact he randomly popped into my mind and making me think "oh you must still like him and care about him!" And it keeps popping up in my mind. Ugh!! :( plus I'm feeling so detached still so it's like I'm stuck in my thoughts and can't come back to reality.
    Joss likes this.

13. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Realizing now that the reason I was so out of it earlier was because I took a benzo. No more medicine for me.. It makes me too loopy.

14. AprilLudgate

I have had those problems too.Like that I love some guy who I barely know and who was cute to me once,and before my bf.
    Like whaaaat?
    I can tell you,I feel that my love for my bf is here,but just need to swim out!I can feel it a litlle and it's biger then before!
    Hope that I helpd you!

15. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Is it wrong to have a "fake it till you make it" type of attitude about my relationship? I feel like while I'm still numb from anxiety towards my boyfriend that its not necessarily a bad thing to be acting like I normally would towards him - all lovey dovey - even though I don't' necessarily feel that way because I'm numb to my emotions. Is this wrong to be doing?
    Breanna likes this.

16. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Does anyone know how to get rid of deperosonalization? I hate feeling so detached from everything and having obsessive thoughts I can't control. I'm desperate to get rid of this. Do SSRIs help? Anything :(

17. NicoleH989

NicoleH989 Active Member

There is nothing you can do, the only way you can get rid of it is to ignore it, DP is a defence mechanism created by your brain to protect you from the anxiety. The only proven way to get rid of DP is to not fear it, you just have to live with it and distract! I dealt with this and it was EXTREMELY bad to begin with, as soon as I started to distract and not fear it, it got better...100 times better, it's barely there, all that's left is ROCD which is getting better. You have to NOT fear it..it's the worst thing you can do x
    Shaynes457 likes this.

18. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Anybody just feel absolutely horrible during ovulation? I've read somewhere that if you have a hormonal imbalance than any symptoms you normally have are amplified during ovulation and that if your hormones are normal, then ovulation is when you feel your best. That sure does explain a lot. Who else feels horrible around the time/during ovulation? And even if you aren't ovulating your hormones are still up and down like they would be throughout the month and some of you have to notice a significant increase of symptoms around the time ovulation would be.

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

my stress levels are so high with schoo and I'm ahndelinf everything normally as a normal stressed person would. I'm literally 95% better than when this started. it's amazing how much I grew from this exerpeince. I still have my days or my times the ought some of my days but I literally made a huge recovery and I just want tell you girls it's going to be okay
    ja13 likes this.

20. EmmyLoo

EmmyLoo Active Member

Thats great to hear!

Im having a relatively crap couple of days - feeling a bit numb, slight ROCD and DP but nothing like a month- 2 months ago. And ive just had an excellent 2-4 week streak of feeling great! So i know im on the mend :)

How long have you been off BC Britt?

x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.