The Effects of Stopping Birth Control (part 5!!!)

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Raunchy-Row, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NicoleH989

NicoleH989 Active Member

This is me ALL the time, I've been dealing with this on and off since January. It still worries me that I'm like this to an extent as it doesn't seem to budge at all. I had to check my eye using my front facing camera on my phone yesterday and I looked and I felt fake, like I couldn't understand my reflection...this is bizarre.

2. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Do you deal with this ALL the time? Or is it off and on? Mine is, like I said, only two weeks out of the month but its scary anxiety. Like panic attacks almost every day and I sometimes have to have a Xanax or smoke a spliff (no judging here) to calm me down :/

3. NicoleH989

NicoleH989 Active Member

It's always there, it tends to be less intense at times but more intense at others, I can't seem to track it in relation to my cycle. I usually either ignore it or I just chill out watching TV - minimal effort activities and just hope that it calms down.

I don't have panic attacks anymore or anything like that, I don't freak out about it, I'm just like "meh" as it's always there. My breathing/heart rate is always under control now. Some days I'm really angry and others I'm just level but numb non the less.
    Shaynes457 likes this.

4. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

Is it normal during times of high anxiety, to also feel anxiety around your boyfriend? I feel like he should be the person I feel the LEAST amount of anxiety around. But I feel it for everyone, including him, almost all the time during these bad two weeks I have off and on.

5. ja13

ja13 Member

Hey, I've not posted for a while as Ive been doing ok but just been catching up. Shaynes457 have you been tested for PCOS? I was diagnosed with it after about 7 months of thinking Id lost my mind and when I mentioned it on the forum smalltown girl who was posting at the time got herself tested for it and was also diagnosed.

I'm convinced mine was triggered by the pill as i don't have any of the typical symptoms, I'm not overweight and my skin has always been good and i don't have excess hair.

My hormone results showed my oestrogen was so low it was at the level of someone in their late 50s (I've just turned 27!) my testosterone was also low but it was still too high in proportion to my oestrogen level.

Since stopping the pill last July I'd had irregular periods but they didn't feel natural if that makes sense and they didn't last longer that a day and a half/two days, I've started taking meformin ( used to treat PCOS) for about 2-3 months and changed my diet and I've just had my first period after three months of nothing. And it felt like a proper period with period pains which I never ever had in my 9/10 years on the pill, probs because they aren't real periods as the pill puts your ovaries to sleep, which when you think about it is so unnatural and wrong!

Anyway just thought I'd share a bit of my story incase anyone else might have PCOS or want to be tested as a possibility. I really didn't think that's what was causing my massive imbalance as I said I'm not typical of a PCOS sufferer but now I know that's what it is Im on my way to getting it under control which feels better than not having a clue what's going on in my body!

Love to you all, keep going x

6. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

I got my hormones tested and they told me my testosterone was a little high but everything else was okay. But that sounds like BS to me because I found out you're supposed to be tested at a certain point in your cycle after ovulation or on your period to get accurate results to see if your progesterone deficient. But my testosterone is a little high but I don't think I have PCOS because I've had three proper periods since getting my implant out.

7. AprilLudgate

AprilLudgate Active Member

Hi girls,how are you all?
    Question: Have you ever had some OCD forms in the end if the period?

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

suppose to get my period tomorrow I'm expericing some side back pain every now and then like its sharp but goes away:( stuff like this always gets me thinking but hopefully it's just my period on the way

9. Ymele

Ymele Member

if you experience numbness emotionally flat cant smile thats depression

10. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

No that's anxiety. Emotional flatness and detachment are associated with depersonalization and anxiety

11. EmmyLoo

EmmyLoo Active Member

I think it all falls under a very wide umbrella. Whether you feel anxiety, depression, detachment, depersonalization and so on - it was all medical/synthetically induced by the pill/BC/implant and is probably not a personality/mentality you possessed before. Depression runs in my family on my mothers side, but i know for a fact that I'm not feeling 'blue' because of that - its because the pill threw my body off and now its trying to recuperate.
    NicoleH989, Shaynes457 and Britt like this.

12. AprilLudgate

Grrr...
    I hate this.I admit,thoughts aren't bad like they were in January,but still here enough to ruined my happy moments.
    I just wanna stop them!I mean I'm not anxious anymore,just have that thoughts.But I learn ignore them,that's why I'm not anxious.
    Shaynes457 likes this.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

GIRLS: got my period lol! now I can't go back to sleep.

depression and anxiety all fall under the same categorie they kind of coincide with one another. usally if you have really bad anxiety you get depressed and when your depressed you have anxiety about it ! I just think that time heals everything and you need to go through the storm to see the rainbow. you must stay strong.

I use to have days I couldn't even walk or get out of my bed. I could barley put a smile on my face.. all I did was cry and cry and cry and be sad and think the worst and have bad anxiety about EVERYTHING. I barley liked talking to my family my boyfriend, I didn't know who the hell I was or what I was dealing with. time makes those feelings fade
    ja13 likes this.

14. EmmyLoo

EmmyLoo Active Member

I couldn't agree more.

As said before, TIME is the biggest healer in all this; you have to let the recovery run its course and like Britt said, weather the storm as you go. I would suggest not reading into every emotion, as its time consuming and fruitless. None of this is meant to be understood; its too erratic to understand. The only thing to understand is that its happening and that you are recovering - no matter how long that process takes.

Concentrate on the future and try not wallow in the present - as horrible as it is to admit. Like Britt said, the feelings will fade away, and they do.
    Britt likes this.

15. Ymele

Ymele Member

just got my period and im so tense and cant breath well anyone experiencin this and also do you also have stomach pains too this anxiety is on the clock everyday im so tired im not healing

16. EmmyLoo

EmmyLoo Active Member

You sound like you have very recently stopped BC - how long have you been off it? I had to take deep breaths and had empty stomach feelings ( not pains) within the first 2-3 weeks of stopping which was part of the anxiety.

I would suggest start taking supplements. Vit d3, B6, maybe HTP 5 and evening primrose oil.

And if it becomes too much, you need to see your doctor.

x

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

you are fine it's your period doing this to you. try to relax take the day off and just sleep and don't over work yourself!!!! it's your period it's not you

18. Shaynes457

Shaynes457 Active Member

19. AprilLudgate

does anybody of you girls have moments of happiness with bf,and then un next second thought like: You love him just like friend!?
    I don't want think like that. :(

Shayness;
    Sorry to hear that. :(

20. Doxielover

Doxielover New Member

Hello,

I am new here, but I have read so many forums online about what I am going through. I am glad to know I am not alone.

Firstly, I have been on birth control since I was 17 years old, I am now 24 almost 25, so that is 7 years. The Dr. prescribed me birth control because I always had irregular periods. All was fine and dandy in those first few years, I even got down to a shocking 115 lbs. without trying. It was nice and all not having to worry about getting pregnant but I worried about the long-term effects. I was on Zovia 1/35E. I had two normal pap smears while being on the pill, and only had emotional tendencies and within the 7 years, managed to gain 40 lbs. (I am a vegan, and have not changed my diet or exercise drastically in that time.) The doctors simply would not believe me that the birth control made me gain this weight, or that I was holding onto so much water that my pants would leave lines on my legs. They advised me to excercise 7 days a week, and don't eat carbs. (I don't eat carbs anyways!) I did just that, and pushed myself so far, that within 2 weeks I was coming down with asthma like symptoms... I told my doctor that I was weezing when I was running and having trouble breathing. (no I do not smoke) She told me that I now have asthma and wanted me to take a steroid inhaler! (no thank you) So I had to take albuterol every time I wanted to excercise. I then had my routine pap smear at the doctor. It came back that I had abnormal cells! I was so scared... They did a biopsy on them, and I was called back stating that I had Stage 2 cervical displasia.... I was so shocked. The doctor advised that I have a LEEP procedure before the cells turned into cervical cancer.... I really wanted to get rid of these bad cells naturally, but I decided to get the procedure done instead. After the procedure was done, the doctor informed me that the tissue that was removed from my cervix was actually Stage 3 displasia, one step away from cancer.

Fast forward to now... After all the research that I have done, the only reason I can think of that I had these abnormal cells was being on hormonal birth control for 7-8 years. I have read so many sites and so much information that says that Estrogen in the body in excess and birth control pills can contribute to cervical cancer! I asked my doctor if it was safe being on birth control for this long, and he said oh totally fine, you could be on it for 20 years and be fine! I call BS. I call my doctor not wanting me to sue him for prescribing me birth control that is causing cervical cancers.

I decided enough was enough, I was going to stop taking it. Three days before my "fake period" I stopped. I felt fine, but did not have a period at all. I had my LEEP Procedure done 4 weeks ago, maybe that contributed to my "no period." I am now on day 4 of not taking my pill after the "fake period." I feel HORRIBLE. Please someone tell me I am not going crazy. These are my symptoms after stopping the pill.
    (and no, not preggo, due to having the biopsys and LEEP procedure I have not had sex in 2 months)
    -Light headed
    -Headache/sinus pressure
    -always feeling nauseous
    -the smell of food makes me want to throw up, after I eat ANYTHING and I mean anything, apple, salad, etc
    -I get horrible stomach pains, yesterday I threw up after my lunch, and couldn't eat dinner
    -I am crying for no reason
    -Bad lower back pain
    -Oily skin
    -I am tired all the time
    I still don't know what to do for birth control, as I have been in a monogamous relationship for over 9 years. He is scared and doesn't want me to get pregnant, but I cannot have the risk of being on that pill any longer! I was looking into the copper IUD but who knows if that is safe if I have had Stage 3 displasia.
    Is anyone else experiencing weird symptoms like this after stopping the pill?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.