The beginning of an end or an end to the beginning

Discussion in 'Surviving Miscarriage' started by Confused-Hasya, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

I took those pills. Brand name is cytotec, I think, but I got the generic version, I think.

4 pills, intravaginally. At about 10 or 11 pm, last night. My abdomen kept feeling weird. I was partly up, kind of keeping a few tendrils of my brain on it. I was aware, yet not.

One of the side effects is diarrhea. Bah! So, I woke, went to the loo, no diarrhea the first time, at about 2.30 or 3 am. Less than an hour later, diarrhea. (Tmi alert) just liquid. I came back to sit, feeling weird, and I jumped out of bed, feeling the sudden gush at about 5. Good thing, I kept an overnight pad in the bedside drawers. I had to use kegels to prevent it from flowing all over. Anyone used kegels to keep bleeding in? I couldn't get at the wings fast enough and got one all mangled up. Annnnnyway, here I am, sitting in bed, beginning to have some back cramps. Not too much. Hopefully, they won't be much. Cramps are not usual for me although I am no stranger to debilitating cramps. I had little to no cramps when I miscarried naturally. Let us see how this turns out.

Totally plan to stay in bed as m goes to daycare today. I'll think about adding a day of daycare tomorrow if pain is bad or bleeding is awful. Either way, I'll tell hubby to be close to home. Not at home, or I won't let him get any work done like a child, but close. He works close enough too, in case he wants to go in. He had to vacate his office yesterday because they're renovating his floor, so he is sharing with someone else. He may not be too unhappy with staying away from his beloved work place to get his work done :).

I don't think I'll go back to sleep now. If I do, I'll find it very difficult to wake when my daughter is getting ready for daycare. Hubby can manage but he is terrible with her hair! I'll just get irritable with her when she starts to dance on my head. So, I'll stay up and sleep during the day.

I'll keep posting on here.

Thanks for your support, you girls!

2. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

Confused Cytotec is good for helping things along but you're right, the side effects suck. Fever is another common one so don't worry if you spike a temp.

Question--have you ever been tested for the MTHFR gene mutation? It's becoming more widely tested for with multiple losses and can be one of the reasons women need baby aspirin to prevent MC. It also causes your body not to absorb or use folic acid well and most women who have the mutation (my Mom is being tested, and I couldn't get tested because I haven't had any losses but I switched over anyway because it can't hurt) take methylfolate instead (or a prenatal with methylfolate). Might be something to bring up/look into. I think after three miscarriages you can request a recurrent loss panel and I'm not sure if it's involved.

Thinking about you *hugs* I hope things happen with a minimum of physical pain and that you get spoiled rotten and well looked after. We're all here.

3. Confused-Hasya

No, I never had any tests done. I'll ask. But he said that he'll go to the book or do the book or something like that. There is a book involved in what he said. You and/or Nessa may know what it is! He said that it meant everything possible.

It isn't really hurting now but every so often, I feel tissue. The bleeding isn't heavy either. I'll take one mor dose tonight and that's it. He'll evaluate me in 2 weeks if bleeding happens fine. If not, I go back next week for d&c. I don't fancy general anesthesia. I don't fancy medications in general.

4. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Oh, Confused... I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope everything goes as smoothly as these things can, with no additional complications.
    Big hugs to you!

5. Confused-Hasya

Light bleeding yesterday and teeny spotting today.