~ * Testing Dates and Results- Part 5 * ~

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by leeaman7777, May 20, 2009.

1. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Arrgh. It also drives me crazy that I messed up my temp on day 15 so I have no idea what day I o'd on. But I ahd a faint OPK on the cd14 and a dark one on cd15. I think maybe I O'd on cd16...what do you guys think based on OPK alone.

Bunny I can't believe that you get so many postive OPK's in a row! Meds?

2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

That's why I generally don't tell anyone I know I'm TTC. My mom and my stepdad know, but that's about it. I don't need the hassle from people in my everyday life about it.

3. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Good point but since we got married a year ago it's basically inevitable.

4. BunnyGirl19

True. We were together for just over 5 before RJ stuck.

5. BunnyGirl19

Alright, beta level 19, so definitely pregnant. [​IMG]

6. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Yay!! Congrats Bunny!!!

7. BunnyGirl19

Here is my super faint test.

[​IMG]

8. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

I have never been able to see your pics or any pics for that matter :eek:(

9. Daisy Delayne

Daisy Delayne New Member

I can see it! CONGRATULATIONS!!

10. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

I head early positives are a sign of a girl [​IMG] good luck Bunny [​IMG]

11. Daisy Delayne

Daisy Delayne New Member

I haven't tested since 10 DPO w/ a 25 mlu test, and my chart looks pretty good so far. My temps went down a couple days ago and shot up this morning, which is unusual for me. Usually when my temps go down they continue to go down until AF. Fingers crossed that Bunnygirl's is just the first of at three BFP's on this thread. Good luck Paula!

12. BunnyGirl19

I've had my typical pregnancy symptoms starting pretty early this time, so I was pretty sure I was pregnant, just not expecting to get a positive so early because I normally don't until around 12DPO. I've heard that it was a sign of a girl before too, but I've known people that don't get positives until 14DPO or so with girls and also people that got positives at 9DPO with a boy, so I don't think it's really that accurate of a statement. I know that they have found that on a whole, girl babies result in a faster/higher rate of hCG doubling than do boys and I've found that generally to be true, but also plenty of contradictions to that. I'm not certain at this time, but we are tentatively planning to leave this baby as surprise, or at least find out and not tell anyone else. I would kind of like to know because the carseat I want to get again comes in colors and I don't really want to go gender neutral on it. I'd also like to know so I can get started on my cloth diaper stash and not have it be generic. Otherwise I have a bunch of girl clothes and some blankets so I'd be set for at least a few days in the beginning without going generic.

13. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Fingers crossed for you Daisy!! That would be so cool if all 3 of us got our BFP the same month.

Bunny did you take clomid this time or were you just thinking about it?

14. BunnyGirl19

Yep, Clomid 100 mg CD5-9, which means each time I've taken Clomid I've gotten pregnant. I love that stuff since it works so well and I don't suffer any side effects from it! This was the first month since we originally planned to TTC in September that we were able to actually time BD right. Both September and October SO had to be out of town around O time. In November we knew he had nowhere to go so I took it. My ovulation was a little later than normal on it (CD20 vs CD16-17), but it still worked out for us. Now I'm just praying for sticky dust. I get my second beta level drawn tomorrow morning at 10DPO, so I hope to see a good doubling rate.

15. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Interesting....so how does Clomid help you in particular. I know it's used for women who don't ovulate on their own. But that's not the case for you right?

16. BunnyGirl19

It helps the eggs to mature fully, which we believe was not happening consistently on it's own, which could make TTC take longer. I ovulate on my own and have never recorded an anovulatory cycle in 11-ish years of charting.

17. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

I have conceived with Clomid twice now. It has many benefits. It can (but not always) make someone who doesnt ovulate, ovulate. It can help with luteal phase defects (meaning if the time between your ovulation and AF is less than 10 days), like Bunny said, it causes you to grow eggs that are more mature. It can make you release more than one egg which can boost your chances of getting pregnant, if you ovulate late, it can help you ovulate sooner in your cycle. Its a good drug, but of course not without its side effects. If used long term, it can thin your uterine lining. There is the risk of multiples (but the risk is the lowest among all fertility drugs). I had major hot flashes both times I took it, and was very moody. I also noticed ovulation was quite uncomfortable with Clomid (probably because it caused a much stronger ovulation, than when I ovulated without it). My doctor put me on it due to my late ovulation, and she thought that contributed to my most recent miscarriage, and possible luteal phase defect. Anyhow, it worked!!! Good luck to all you ladies!

18. Daisy Delayne

Daisy Delayne New Member

Hi ladies! AF is due and my temp is still way up, in fact, higher than it's ever been since I started charting, so I'm buying a test tonight after work. I haven't tested since 10 DPO, which of course was a BFN. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, because my chart looked so good last month and nothing came of it!

Paula - when are you testing?

19. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Congrats, BG!

20. BunnyGirl19

Good luck Daisy!

I just got ny second beta back today. I went from 19 at 8DPO to 97 at 10DPO.