SouthBeach

Discussion in 'Aphrodite's Kitchen' started by why, Feb 26, 2010.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. why

why New Member

Not sure if this should go here but looking at the yummy recipes I thought maybe....
    Is anyone doing South beach Diet? I would love to have a spot here to share recipes and support....
    I have been on since Jan 4th and as of yesterday lost 15lb....(diet alone)
    Hubby was on board but fell off for a while but is trying to get back on.
    So yeah if anyone has any interest please post.
    Also I do not have any of the books, so I am not sure exactly how to titrate with the 2nd phase....I know we can reintroduce some carbs slowly but not sure the exact pace.....

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. why

why New Member

I am actually going to post my dinner for tonight...

Chicken breast with onion and balsamic vinegar

Pan fry (in olive oil) your chicken breast (boneless skinless) until cooked.
    Add a bit more olive oil to the same pan and saute 1 small onion until transparent.
    Add vinegar (unsure of exact measurement) approx 1/4 cup simmer that until it reduces by half.
    Top the chicken with onion and vinegar mixture.

Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan

Heat heavy bottom wok or skillet with olive oil (maybe a couple turns of the pan) heat and add 6-8 chopped garic cloves. Heat approx 30-60sec, remove garlic.
    Wilt in 8oz fresh spinach about 2-3 min.
    top with parm cheese.
    (I have also added crushed red peppers to the garlic oil and it gives a great punch of heat)

Sugarfree chocolate pudding cup
    Open lid and enjoy!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

3. GreenTea

GreenTea Super Moderator Staff Member

clarko, do you have South Beach recipes to share? That's what this thread is for.

Sorry for the digression. I've never done South Beach, so I don't know what all the requirements are. I know it calls for whole grains, which I do eat, and have some recipes for.