Sept/Oct 2008 Mommies N Babies

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by JoanieD, Nov 4, 2008.

1. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

Here is a thread to continue our group now that we have had our babies!
    Here's a link to the other forum DUE IN SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2008

I went to visit our daycare's baby room today. Wow did it evoke emotions. I have been a little teary since leaving. I am definitely not ready to take Squeaker to day care yet. Good thing I am not going back to work for a month and She won't be going to daycare until after the first of the year.

I totally trust the care givers I just feel sad because I didn't have to put the other two in daycare until they were much older.

They will feed her my breast milk which is good and will keep some in the freezer. They provide wipes and desitin ointment so I will only need to bring diapers. They check them every hour for wet pants unless they are asleep. The babies each have their own cribs and bedding. They have 1 teacher for every 3 babies. I am pleased with what I have seen so far.

Have a good day everyone. I need to fix myself some lunch before Jacqueline wakes up again.

2. id.ka

id.ka New Member

It's kind of sad to let go of the old thread...

3. id.ka

id.ka New Member

Here she is a day after her birthday [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

aww, ida, she is beautiful!

5. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

Ida she is a beauty.

It is sad to let go isn't it.

6. candywannababy

candywannababy New Member

ida she's a true model already eh? [​IMG]

7. alesha01

alesha01 New Member

idka shes lovely !! , i felt exactly the same during the first few weeks, especially in the evenings, i would cry about nothing, i guess its just a big change all of a sudden we are responsible for a little life.

ellie would also feed every 30 mins , ive managed to increase the time between feeds, at the moment she goes every 2 hours but can go longer if shes asleep

cant belive we are all over here now !!

joanie glad you like the look of the daycare, your going back to work soo soon

so the cold my bf had , found its way to me ! so blocked up , i just hope ellie dont catch it

have you all tried out the hair dryer or hoover , stops her crying straight away, next door must think i dry my hair 24/7 [​IMG]

dee spitler joanie wheres the pics of your lo's !! [​IMG]

8. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

Audrey does the same thing now, but in between baby and now she was scared of it for awhile until I picked her up and we vaccumed together. Now she follows me wherever I go with the vaccum. It's sooo loud, it really worries me about her ears [​IMG]

IDKA,
    Annika is beautiful and so peaceful hun!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

9. id.ka

id.ka New Member

Hi everyone! Thank you for the compliments!!! Is it normal for the baby's skin to peel like crazy? She has a little skin peeling on her belly, but her feet look freaky. I keep rubbing lotion on, but it's not working. Any ideas? Or is that normal?
    Oh, ((Alesha))--I hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself!
    Spitler, I hope you're coping well with being a mommy! No pressure, but we hope to hear from you more. [​IMG]

10. id.ka

id.ka New Member

Did I mention I hate Photobucket? I can never get the darn sizes right...I will make it a mission at some point. [​IMG]

11. alesha01

alesha01 New Member

ellies skin peeled too, midwife sed it was cus she was overdue, it might get worse b4 it gets better, her belly and hands were worse but nearly all gone apart from little bit on her legs.
    they suggested olive oil but i just left it to come off x

12. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

Even Jacqueline's skin peeled a little bit mostly her hands and feet. I put lotion on her but a ointment like Aquaphor helps a lot. That is what we would put on the babies in NICU where I worked.

I finally got around to ordering birth announcements for baby. I used a picture of all 3 of my babes in their Halloween costumes and put "Kylie and Andrew introducing our new little calf" since Jacqueline's costume was a spider.

Got a call from my friend who had her baby boy at 26 weeks back in July. He is finally home and doing well. He has to have surgery on his head because his skull sutures fused too early. Makes me even more glad Jacqueline stayed in long enough to be healthy and home with me right away.

I have to download more pics but here is Squeaker in her cow costume. I love her facial expression.

[​IMG]

Have a great day ladies!

13. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

Joanie,
    OMG sooo sorry about your friend, but glad the baby is home now! Oh and I absolutely love the name Jacqueline, she is beautiful [​IMG]

14. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

Thank you Gutter. She is named after DH's grandmother who is very special to both of us.

15. pringle

pringle New Member

All your baby girls are so so cute [​IMG] well done x

16. lucashem

lucashem New Member

Hi all, I've been following your discussions in the other forum because I saw spitler had been posting there. I've been speaking with spitler the last several months because our babies both had the single umbilical artery. It was nice to have someone to talk to that is going through the same problems and luckly we both had healthy babies. This seems like a really nice group and wanted to know if it was ok to join in on the conversations. My little guy was born on Halloween and it's nice talking to people who have little ones the same age.

17. id.ka

id.ka New Member

Welcome Lucashem! There's no need to ask our permission [​IMG] Congratulations on becoming a mommy and I'm glad you both are doing well! [​IMG]

18. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

I second what IDA said Lucashem! Congrats on your little boy!

19. id.ka

id.ka New Member

Ok, I'm on the verge of ripping my hair out! She fussed and breastfed for almost 3 hours last night! I feed her, she falls asleep. I put her down she starts screaming. Groan...
    She does well during the day, but at night she won't stop fussing. Sleeps at much shorter intervals and becomes more hands on. Did/does anyone else have that problem?

20. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

Jacqueline does the same thing Ida. It has gotten a little better over the last couple of weeks.