Research Posting Request - What is 'Good Sex' for Survivors of Sexual Abuse?

Discussion in 'Messages for Mods' started by csags.rosen, Jun 30, 2016.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. csags.rosen

csags.rosen New Member

Hello,

My name is Lianne Rosen and I'm a doctoral student in Clinical Psychology at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada. Together with my supervisor, Dr. Marsha Runtz (runtz@uvic.ca), I am developing a project for my doctoral dissertation regarding sexual recovery among women survivors of childhood sexual abuse. I am wondering whether I would be able to post my research announcement on your forum.

I am hoping to speak with survivors of childhood sexual abuse - specifically, women who are over the age of 19, who report having experienced 'good sex' at some point in their lives. This project consists of a semi-structured interview, where I would ask participants about how they define 'good sex' as and what it
    means for them, as well as several questionnaires. The link for the information form is here: https://uvic.fluidsurveys.com/s/CSAGS/. Participants will remain anonymous, and there are no questions that ask about childhood sexual abuse experiences - only about positive sexual experiences.

This study has received approval from the Human Research Ethics Board of the University of Victoria, file number 16-089. As for my qualifications, I have a Master's degree in Clinical Psychology from UVic and have more than 400 hours of experience conducting psychological assessments and psychotherapy, with a particular specialization in couples and sex therapy as well as the treatment of trauma.

Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts regarding posting the project on the Aphrodite Women's Health forum. Thank you very much for your time!

Best wishes,

Lianne Rosen, M.Sc.
    Doctoral Student, Clinical Psychology
    University of Victoria
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Study E-mail: csags.rosen@gmail.com

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS