Pregnant or way too soon to tell?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by shibby, Apr 23, 2009.

1. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Shibby, an OPK is not positive unless the test line is just as dark or darker than the control line. Also, its not common to have a "fade in" pattern with OPKs. It would be great if that happened, so you would have an idea if ovulation is approaching. Truth is OPKs do work if used and read properly, but they are also a pain in the rear. Its best to test in the early afternoon and when you have restricted fluids for a couple of hours beforehand. It may take you a few cycles to get the hang of them. I had very irregular cycles, and OPKs were my only hope for predicting ovulation, and it took me a few cycles to really know how to use them. I suggest using them everyday until you get the positive! Good luck!

2. BethG

BethG New Member

Did you take your temp Sunday? It's still looking like CD13 was O-day to me.....

3. shibby

shibby New Member

I just thought it was kinda strange that the first 2 tests didn't have the test line at all and then this 3rd one had a lighter line....and I have done all 3 the same, no fluids for several hours and tested in the evening. Weird. I've been testing in the evening b/c this is really the only time I can do it, after I get home from work. Afternoons just don't work for me.

4. shibby

shibby New Member

I didn't temp on Sun b/c we were out late Sat night for a bday party and just slept in on Sun, so I'll test again thru the week. But dang, I'm guessing we missed it this month by just a day or two.

5. shibby

shibby New Member

Ok well now I can't figure out my chart because there was a temp increase for 2 days and then a slight drop, then a bigger drop, then a temp increase for 4 days. Weird thing is I had neg OPK (only one line showed up, the control line) tests on Thurs, Fri, Sat during the slight increase. Then during the slight decrease and bigger decrease, the OPK test showed the test line and it was pretty close to the same color as the control line. Then when my temp started going up again, I was getting neg OPK tests with only the control line showing up.

I'm confused!

6. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Once you have ovulated you will get negative OPK's, it will only be positive before ovulation actually happens. Sounds like you O'd just before you got those 4 high temps!

7. shibby

shibby New Member

My chart is on pg 1 of the thread for whoever wants to take a peek. Funny thing is I though I may have O'd last week with the 2 temp increases and that I missed it. But now I'm wondering if it was actually the beginning of this week before the 4 temp increases. Plus DH and I got busy unplanned on Mon night thinking we had missed ovulation but maybe we really didn't! Guess I'll find out in a couple weeks! :p

8. *mel*

Okay just looked at your chart. At the moment I would guess you O'd on CD19!

9. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

My best guess at this time is also that O was CD19. So, Monday night fun would be very promising for you! =)

10. shibby

shibby New Member

I'm still confused on my OPK tests....I had done one on Thurs April 30, Fri May 1 and Sat May 2 and they were clearly negative. Only the control line showed up. But when I took the test on Sun May 3 and Mon May 4, it appeared like it could be a positive reading, but I wasn't for sure. The test line showed up practically the same color as the control line on both days. Then when I took the test on Tues May 5 and Wed May 6, they were clearly negative again with only the control line showing up. So do you think that those two days where the test line was practically the same color as the control line was a positive test? If I enter it as a + on those two days, my chart shows ovulation as Tues May 5 and we had had sex on Mon night.

I'm not sure what my temp was on Sun May 10 because I was out of town and forgot to take my thermometer with me. But my temp had gone down a little with today's reading.

11. *mel*

I agree with your chart, CD19 looks right to me!

12. shibby

shibby New Member

Thanks for looking at it! It's always nice to have someone who knows what they're doing and looking for to look at it. :p

13. SeriouslyConfused

SeriouslyConfused New Member

Excuse me if I'm starting wrong, but I have read some comments and seen how they were helped so I'm just going to ask my questions. Ok within the last two months my period has been late. Last month lasted 2 days. This month it was late and is currently still going I think. It started on the 4th moderately, on the 5th n today it's only seen when I wipe pinkish brown. I started cramping 6 days before this late period, n still is cramping during this spotting stage. Should I be worried, or what? So confused, I'm TTC.