* Pregnant After Ectopic - Part 2 *

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by gutterflower, May 3, 2009.

1. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

2. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Thanks Gutter...

Ladies I had her open a new thread to welcome Isabelle here...so now that the thread is open I hope we here from Gigi soon! LOL

Well it was at least an idea as new threads usually bring good news!!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. gigi

gigi New Member

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in. Still no baby--urgh! I'm going to have acupuncture later today to see if it will help induce me---it can't hurt at this point:) But either way, I can't wait until Thursday as I know for sure I will meet Isabella then. Thanks for all your well wishes!

4. jril54

jril54 Member

Oh Gigi, I thought for sure she'd be here by now. Tell me about this acupuncture business? It causes you to go into labor?

5. jril54

jril54 Member

Thanks Leann. I'm excited to hear your announcement. I had horrible ms with this pg. None really with dd. From what I've heard, ms is more related to how fast your hormone levels rise and not really with the gender. I had my levels monitored with both my dd and this baby and the levels were increasing at a considerably faster pace with this one. There are definately more options in the girl isle than the boy's with clothing for infants and toddlers. Although clothing options for boys seems to get better as they get older. I never have a hard time trying to find things for my 13 year old ds. Often I get him way too much because I like half the stuff I see.

6. gigi

gigi New Member

Hi Jril,

First wanted to say I love the nursery. Very cute!

I am still doing good. No complaints--just anxious to meet Isabella. I did go to acupuncture for first time. I figured why not. Basically there are some areas they avoid during pregnancy b/c it can induce labor and in my case they just targeted those areas. It's hard to explain where those points all are, but the main ones are between your thumb and forefinger, and the other is near the ankle. I left the appointment with some little patches in those two areas for me to stimulate over the next days. It wasn't bad at all. I think it could have been really relaxing if my nose hadn't itched the whole time I was there and of course I couldn't scratch b/c I had needles in my hand and fold of my elbow--very frustrating. Oh well, I guess we'll see if it helps. My hope is Isabella will come tomorrow or Wednesday before they have to induce me, but we'll see how things go. Either way, I am getting way to excited about only having 3 more days until I meet my baby. I just want to cry from sheer happiness!

7. cori27

cori27 New Member

Hey Gigi

I did acupuncture since October and we started trying in Nov. and got pregnant in March...and I give a lot of credit to acupuncture! It really does do wonders! I think between that and the herbs that help reduce my time of getting pregnant again (and in the right place). The herb I took was to help clear blockages and get your hormones and cycle of track. So far so good! Anyway, good luck with it! It works!

Cori

8. perezjjc

perezjjc New Member

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Jril,
    Your nursery is ADORABLE!

Gigi,
    I have my fingers crossed for you and hope that you will go into labor soon and on your own!

As for me, I had a prenatal appointment this morning and I left the office totally CONFUSED! I don't know if I've told you ladies, but I alternate between a Nurse Practitioner and my OB (that's just the way my dr.'s does it for some reason)! Anyhow, last week my NP told me that I was 50% effaced and 1cm dilated and she told me she felt the baby's head so she was engaged. Well, my OB told me today that I am 70% effaced, cervix is CLOSED, and the baby is very high up (he could not feel the head so he gave me a quick ultrasound to make sure she was head down, which she was)! He also told me that it was highly unlikely that I would go within the next week and that I would probably even go past my due date!

Sooooo, I don't know what to think! To be honest, I'm not in a hurry to give birth (overall, I feel great!), but I don't want to go past and I don't want to be induced either (I feel you Gigi)! Oh well, we'll see what happens, it's really all up to Sophie at this point!

Hello to everyone else, I hope you are all doing wonderfully!

9. gigi

gigi New Member

Hi Ladies,

Isabella hasn't come yet so we will be going in tonight to the hospital. I will try to log on tomorrow or Friday to let you know how it all went. Send me good thoughts tomorrow for an easy, quick labor:) Thanks to all of you for your support. It means a lot to me.

Wishing the best to the rest of you. Jackie and Jril, you two are next.

10. jril54

jril54 Member

Thanks Jackie about the nursery. That is interesting about the differnces from the NP and the doc. I hope you don't go past your due date. How are you feeling contraction wise? I've been having a lot of menstrual like contractions that are very painful along with my constant bh contractions. But the menstrual ones always seem to putter out after about an hour or so. Hey there's a full moon this weekend, maybe we'll both get lucky.

11. jril54

jril54 Member

Gigi, good luck. I'm thinking about you and saying prayers that your birth experience is everything you want it to be.

12. mini

mini New Member

Gigi - Good luck!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

JRL - awesome nursery!!!

Lisa i hope you rash clears!!

Cori - everything seems to be going well. congratulations!!

Nessa and whoever else has been experiencing sciatica pain, i just started taking prenatal yoga classes yesterday and she showed me a couple of poses just for sciatica so hopefully that should help. The instructor also told me that its important to exercise and keep moving as that will help with the pain so lets see if it helps.

I am doing well otherwise, had my 1st test on the intergrated screenig last firday and the fluid around the spine looked fine, so relieved there, the blood test results will come later.

The baby looked good and was even moving. The US tech made a comment about my ovary and asked me if i had trouble conceiving so i am not sure what that meant but i plan to ask the dr on my next appointment.

thats it from me.

not sure when i will be able to check in again but hope to hear some baby news the next time i am here.

mini

13. perezjjc

perezjjc New Member

Gigi....

GOOD LUCK today!!! I hope everything goes smoothly and that you have a WONDERFUL birthing experience! I'm so excited for you...I can't believe you will be a Mommy today...We'll be thinking of you all day long!

Jril...

I mentioned the full moon deal to my husband...it would be cool if it does happen for us! As far as contractions go, I get tons and tons of Braxton Hicks, but very few "menstrual" like ones (by this time with my son, I was having plenty of menstrual like ones just like you are now)! So, I don't know what's going on at this time other than the fact that my feet look like elephant feet (they are rediculously swollen and even resting doesn't bring the swelling down all the way)!

When's your next OB app? Let me know what they tell you!

Hello to everyone else, have a wonderful day!

Jackie

14. jril54

jril54 Member

Jackie, My ob appt was just a bit ago. Nothing much to report. She didn't check my cervix this time. Braddock's head is still high and floating so I didn't ask her to check me. I figured since he's not engaged, I'm probably not dialated. I also had dd with me and since we waited an hour and a half, I was ready to get out of the office with her asap. My last appt is next Thursday.

15. perezjjc

perezjjc New Member

Jril,
    Hopefully you'll get good news at your next app. My next one is on Tuesday at the crack of dawn...well, I might be exagerating a bit, but it is early, 7:20AM.

Can you believe Gigi is a mommy by now? How exciting for her! I hope everything went great!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jackie

16. Leann

Leann New Member

Hi ladies,

We found out this morning that IT'S A BOY!!! We are so excited!

I will log on later to catch up just wanted to share the news...

17. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Congrats Leann! I can't wait to find out what we're having. I'm bummed that I have to wait until June 18th! It still seems sooooo far away!

I do have a question for some of you veterans out there. I have been working on a registry and am torn between breast pumps. I definitely want to breast feed, but since I will be going back to work and don't know how the baby will do with latching on I definitely want to get a pump. I'm torn between the Medela Pump In Style Advanced (the backpack one) or the Ameda Purely Yours. I have read lots of good things about both of them. Do any of you have any experience with either of them? Any recommendations? Thanks!

18. perezjjc

perezjjc New Member

Leann,

CONGRATULATIONS on you baby BOY! That is awesome!

Labby,

Sorry, I can't help with the breast pump decision...I did breastfeed my son but I took a year off and therefore did not use a pump with him. However, I will be looking for one this time around since I will be returning to work as well. Maybe I can benefit from any advice you receive too.

Have a great weekend!

Jackie

19. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Labby, wow a registry already??? Hehe! I was gonna start one probably late July. Its hard to register for stuff without knowing yet if its a boy or girl.

Leann-Yay!! Little boys are adorable. Congratulations.

20. labby06

labby06 Active Member

Yeah, I know it's still early for a registry, but I'm coming up on what would have been my due date so I've been a little down in the dumps. Doing the registry helped me feel a little better about it all because it really made me feel like I will be having a baby, even though it's not this month. I've just been registering for some of the bigger stuff that really isn't gender specific. I'm still aiming to keep as much as possible neutral so I can reuse for #2, so not knowing the gender isn't really a big deal to me.