Plan B and ovulation the next cycle

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by maya, Mar 19, 2010.

1. maya

maya New Member

Last month I took plan B and my period came 4 days later. This month, I am on day 11 and my temperature did a huge jump from yesterday (96.4 to 97.8). I had an extremely restless night last night-- got up to try to find my thermometer an hour before the time I temp, and woke up 3 or 4 times from 3 am to 7:45 am-- so maybe this is the reason for the temperature drop. If not, I may have ovulated very very early!

Has anyone else had experience with temping and taking plan B? How did it influence your ovulation the following cycle?

2. iampam

iampam Active Member

You need three days of high temps to confirm ovulation. Having a restless night can throw the temps off, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Plus having hormones running through your body from the Plan B is going to throw things off as well.

I would imagine it could be several months before things return to normal, though I do not have any personal experience with Plan B. I would imagine that would vary a lot from person to person, and be influenced by where you were in your previous cycle when you took the Plan B.

3. soapninja

soapninja New Member

I used birth control pills as EC on a red day (most likely day before O) and my period came SUPER early, only 6 days later. Early as in I only made it to CD 16. On the 17th day, I started my period. I was confused by my low temp this morning, and what do you know? I get the monthly visitor later in the day. Lady comp is so smart [​IMG]

4. karajoe0

karajoe0 New Member

Last year i used plan b morning after pill, this kind of problem depends on the body behavior. I never face this type of problem like you are facing. Stop worrying too much just consult with your doctor & take his suggestions. Stop taking pills for sometime.