Pets :)

Discussion in 'Beyond Women's Health' started by Tempting Toffee, Mar 20, 2008.

1. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

Here are some pics of Charlie. He would run through the snow and turn circles on his butt. So funny to watch. He loved my kids right from the start. He would lay next to Kylie when she was on our bed. Even with Jacqueline he loved her. When our cat would hiss at Jacqueline he would chase her away, and he liked Mama Kitty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BethG

BethG New Member

Charlie was a cutie Joanie!

3. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

Our family cat who's 15 went missing, but we found her! Yaaay! She was locked in a neighbours garage for 4 days! We were all SO worried, I was crying myself to sleep last night and I haven't lived with them for a year now. She's family!

4. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Oh hun, that is awful... I am so sorry you had to go through that. It is not a fun thing to have to go through, that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach... Hate it.. Glad she is back tho, that is when you want to grab them and hug them and never let them go.. [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

5. LilMissNaughty

LilMissNaughty New Member

Heres my 2
    TamLin is the mastiff & the German Shepherd Puppy Monster is Robbie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. pkraven1

pkraven1 New Member

Awww so adorable!

7. BethG

BethG New Member

OMG, Robbie is so cute! I've been thinking I really want another Shepherd again (although Morgan is part Shepherd). And TamLin....I love the big dogs!

Besides the one in my siggy, here's another new pic of Morgan. This is one of my favorites.

[​IMG]

8. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member

Beth that pic is amazing. I hope its hanging on your wall at home!

9. BethG

BethG New Member

Tally, which one do you like best? Lol, I like them both, of course. And THANKS for the compliment!

Not sure if I commented, but I really like that photo of Munchkin under the table in the other thread. Too cute!

My photography hobby seems to center around dogs and dirt bikes!

10. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member

They both great but I particularly like the first one. Both shows how happy Morgan is , so very special!

Thanks [​IMG]

11. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

I am so excited. I am actively looking for a new Pug puppy. I am hoping to find one in the next few weeks. I will post pics as soon as I find one. [​IMG]

12. BethG

BethG New Member

I'm excited for you Joanie! Good luck in your search!

13. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Beth, those are great pictures of Morgan!

oh my gosh, robbie the shepard puppy has the cutest face. His face looks so much like my little dog (part dachshund, part something else, obviously not shepard, lol, but very similar coloring). I'll have to post his picture.

Okay, we have a new puppy, I'll have to post pictures. We also have 3 (yes, 3) other dogs which I still have to show off! Coming soon....

14. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

OMG desert, you have 4 dogs now? Wow!!!! When I added a pup last year making my "pack" 3 in total I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown! lol! She was a handfull as a pup though, I must say a year on she has turned out to be a great dog, just took what seemed like a looooong time to get there! I can't imagine having 4 though, I think 3 is definately my limit, especially with a baby on the way too.

15. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Oh and good luck Joanie on your search for the new pug, hope you find the perfect doggy [​IMG]

16. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Mel, I have 3 dogs (a boxer, Jack Russel Terrier, and a Dachshund), and I'm losing my mind on a daily babsis, because I feel like Im literally taking care of 4 kids (with Sofie). I love my doggies immensely, and couldn't imagine my life without them, but I kinda wish I would have known what I was getting myself into before adopting them, LOL!!

Joanie,that Pug of yours is so cute!!! I love pugs. Those curly little tails, heee hee!!

DG, 4 dogs?!?! I bet you're one busy momma!! If I could, I would adopt every pet I could. It breaks my heart to see these animals without homes, especially with all the love they have to give!!!

17. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Yeah, sadly this 4th one is a purebreed lab given to us by some good friends. I feel mildly guilty about that, as a principle, I don't agree with purebreed animals and now I have one. From a 'backyard breeder', no less. Ugh. The perks are that I know the pup's parents, they are great, healthy animals with fabulously gentle and loving personalities. This puppy is already wonderful with Piper, and I have no questions that he's going to grow up to be a really good dog, so most of my purebreed guilt is assuaged.

Mel, any earlier with the puppy/baby I would have lost it, but this has been a great time to get a puppy for Piper. . P and the pup already have an awesome bond, and it is amazing to watch them together. Also, pre-puppy, the 3 dogs pretty much ignored Piper despite her attempts to hug them, lay on them, and otherwise love them--they are SO MUCH more tolerant of her now that the pestering puppy is here, lol (oh, and Piper recently discovered how fun it is to feed the dogs her food, and they've decided she's really not THAT bad). On the other hand...let's just say I can't wait till this dog is potty-trained. It's been 11 years since I've had to potty-train a dog, and I'm really, really, really NOT enjoying it at all.

18. Slvrtide

Slvrtide New Member

My parents have 2 purebred labs and they are amazing pets. No behaviour problems and fantastic personalities, totally wonderful with small kids. I don't really believe in backyard breeding either but there is something to be said for being able to meet the parents and know there are no health issues, etc there. Not to say you can't get amazing mixed breed dogs and I have seen so many of those from shelters but especially when you already have other dogs and young children it might be easier to start off with some know quantities.

19. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

Okay I finally found my new puggy. I pick him up next week. He is the one on the left. I am gonna call him Jasper!

[​IMG]

20. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

He is so cute! Love the name.