Pets :)

Discussion in 'Beyond Women's Health' started by Tempting Toffee, Mar 20, 2008.

1. BethG

BethG New Member

Briana (minus the extra letters!) -- love your bulldogs! Just so different from the breeds I have had. Do they drool a lot?

Tracy, now that's an interesting combination! Cute boys!

2. BRIANAAAA

BRIANAAAA New Member

I've had alot of pets in my life and i will say that hands down - American Bulldogs are the most loving and amazing animals! They have a great disposition, and would do anything for their mommy! [​IMG]

The Don't drool alot, which is great. The most i get is some water marks after they soak their short snouts in their water bowls! hehe [​IMG]

3. BRIANAAAA

BRIANAAAA New Member

Tracy - those little guys are adorable!!

4. BRIANAAAA

BRIANAAAA New Member

We hear it ALL OF THE TIME! It drives us nuts... because everyone seems to be so afraid of pits that they automatically put my babies in the same category.

Actually, one of my good friends has a red nose pit bull who is a little angel, so i have no problem with them! [​IMG]

5. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

So I went out Black Friday shopping and the bestest present ever I could have gotten was the 1/2 price pet beds. I got two for my cats. One of my cats sleeps with me constantly and I always end up having to kick her off or waking up in the middle of the night because when I go to turn over she's pinching off the blankets.

So....

[​IMG]

6. BethG

BethG New Member

Cool! Either she's a small cat or that's a big bed!

7. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Not really either but she curls up into that "shrimp" thing and takes up little space...lol

8. GreenTea

GreenTea Super Moderator Staff Member

BJ, your kitty is almost the twin of mine!

9. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

So I thought I would post this pic of my crackhead cat..lol

And also bump this thread to give some others a chance to post pics and stories so help sooth their hearts!

[​IMG]

10. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Awww.... That's adorable. I probably have a very similar picture of Calypso doing the same thing...lol

And thanks BJ for bumping this thread up.. :) I will find some of my pics of our girls and share them.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

11. leeaman7777

Here is on of Calypso in a bag...
    [​IMG]

Here is one of Kramer lying behind her grass and Calypso is sunbathing in the sun patch on the floor..lol takes after her mama... :)
    [​IMG]

Calypso loved being another beautiful ornament on out coffee table and sometimes if you didn't look close enough, she would blend right in as one...lol
    [​IMG]

I will share more later on.

12. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Beautiful...Lilly loves to sunbathe too....I didn't open the front door so she could do so yesterday so last night she was crying...and everytime we walked to the door she would lay on the mat and act all frisky trying to show us what she wanted....so finally even tho it was dark I opened the door...she stayed there watching the bugs for hours without moving....crazy girl

I figured I would give her fill to her today so the door is already open...rofl

13. leeaman7777

lol @ BJ, that is cute.. Kramer has spent some time since yesterday at our back door while it has been open and I asked her when she was at it today if she was having a chat with her sister and it was almost like her face lit up... :)

14. JoanieD

JoanieD New Member

So Charlie wasn't a cat but he loved to sunbathe too. It has been over a year that he has been gone and I still cry when I think about him.

Hope you are doing okay Leeaman.

15. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Yeah I need put up pics of both the babes although I will be glad when the kids move into places where they can take them...honestly they raised them and they are pains! My male cat Chester-0 (Oreo was his previous name before he was left abandoned) is a whiny sissy biaotch! And Lilly (was a resuce) she is a stubborn nasty (half the time) clawing biting biaotch!

I have never had cats that I didn't lay down the rules too and they knew I was the parent thru domanance. But every time I corrected them they would cuttle and love them and it mixed them up so now they can have the monsters they created!

In the mean time I do think they are funny and think they do silly things and find them almost as humorous as agrravating..LOL

Joanie...this thread is for all animals...so bring on some pics and stories of Charlie!

16. BethG

BethG New Member

Cute kitties! I should find a pic or two of Tommy.....

17. BethG

BethG New Member

Here's a pic of our Tommy. Hubby named because he felt a tom-cat should be called Tom! I recent read one of the markings of a tabby cat besides the stripes and white chest and/or paws is a "M" on the head above the eyes. When I looked, I was like Wow, he really does have one!

[​IMG]

18. BethG

BethG New Member

I've heard that long ears/long tail is a sign of a good mouser. Anyone see any truth to that? Tommy has a long tail but I've not seen him go after anything living but he LOVES his toy mice!

Leeaman, was it Calypso or Kramer that got out of the house that one time and your hubby found her under the bushes?

19. leeaman7777

OMG, that was Calypso that did that. Kramer got out too but she is what made us realize the screen was open. I got up to go to the kitchen and Kramer came running into the house, freaked the hell out of me....lol And then we couldn't find Calypso anywhere. Hubby was out running the streets looking for her and I was out with her bear the sings My Girl playing it in hopes that she would come to one of us. Thank god we found her, she was so scared when we did and we didn't let her go the rest of the night.. We were never so afraid in our lives as we were that night..
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

20. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Beth not sure about the big ear big cat thing being a better mouser...Lilly is a fatty shorter legs then Chester and she is the mouser...her ears are about the same as his but more rounded on the edges then his unless she hears something and pulls them backwards...funny to see.

Chester is tall and long...when he stretches out he's almost 3 ft long...crazy...but he seems more interested in birds...although he's inside all the time and can't get any...