P M 'fncking' S!

Discussion in 'Reproductive Health' started by Tempting Toffee, Jul 16, 2008.

1. M-Chan

M-Chan Member

Is it normal to experience PMS symptoms right after ovulation, and then improve before you get your period? That seems to be what is happening to me lately... I get breast tenderness, fatigued, anxious, depressed, and emotionally sensitive. Oh, and water retention. I expected to get my period very soon after this, but then it just went away in a few days and then I got my period about a week later.

What's that about?

2. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

I'm ready to kill!

3. Wrighto

Wrighto New Member

Oh my Gods my PMS. I get pre-menstrual cramps like whoa (on top of the actual cramps during menstruation) and it's, gah. I basically just hunker down on the couch and growl at everything that moves, haha

4. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

GRRRRR I wanna kill people and cry today! :'( not even due on til thursday, hope it passes quickly!

5. HadleyT

HadleyT New Member

I hate everyone today. PMS on 9/11...ugh. I can't turn on the tv without seeing something sad,a nd then i just cry and cry.......... my boyfriend thinks I'm totally nuts. Has anybody tried vitamin B for this stuff? I found this article http://www.purematters.com/healthy-body/diets-rich-in-vitamin-b-pms and am wondering if it's at all legit. epic skeptic that i am, i have my doubts. Then again, my super-perfect sister swears by this kindof stuff. You'd think she was a genius, the way she acts...ugh. I hate her to. I hate everyone. Did i mention that yet? what a day....

6. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

I use b-vitamin supplements and evening primrose oil, I can't say if its worked or not because I came off the pill, so it could be much worse without them.. They don't seem to have done any harm and weren't too expensive though, might be worth a shot? Sorry its been such a crappy day [​IMG]

7. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

Does anybody get hot flashes as part of PMS the last couple of months Iv had a few and I'm really not enjoying them :'(

8. AlyssTG9

AlyssTG9 New Member

Hi,

Anyone have any remedies for PMS? or at least anything to help temporarily relieve symptoms? I get moody, get sore breats, and pain near my ovaries when I go through PMS.

Thanks,
    Alyssa

9. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

heat pads or hot water bottles are great for cramps. Chocolate helps the moodiness, as does making sure you sleep&eat regularly.

Sore breasts are the bain of my cycle! From the day after I ovulate until 3days into my period they are hot, heavy, sore and often have shooting pains [​IMG] If you find a cure other than sleeping in a soft bra and wearing plenty of support, please let me know! I go up a full cup size after ovulation [​IMG] its like getting my milk in each month (except they don't leak).

10. snowwhite

snowwhite New Member

I have endometriosis so i have crazy pms or pmdd more to the point. I feel psychotic at times. But a new natropath friend has got me onto vitamin called 5htp and it's helping. It's brought me from crazy anxiety to perhaps just a little weepy. Another thing that I've found is good is called DIM for the pain too and sore breasts.

Good luck women. You are not alone xoxoxo

11. AlyssTG9

AlyssTG9 New Member

Thank you, ladies! It's good to know that I'm not alone here! I will run the 5htp by my naturopath because I'm so tired of being moody!

Be well!

12. snowwhite

snowwhite New Member

I'm actually having one of those days myself so when I saw your post I was like - I know!!!

I think mine has been brought about by extenuating circumstances. You know how it's bearable but then well if it's a stressful time etc it becomes a little too much.

13. AlyssTG9

AlyssTG9 New Member

Yes, I know what you mean. If it's something that I usually can handle, it gets really hard to handle during PMS...

14. snowwhite

snowwhite New Member

God I get the weirdest pms. I didn't seem to get it at all pre-period this time and now I have it after my period! And I am so upset and angry at everything for no reason. God I hate how debilitating pms can be. Stops me from getting anything done!

15. AlyssTG9

AlyssTG9 New Member

16. snowwhite

snowwhite New Member

Thanks I should look into that. I hear black cohosh is good for it. Too many things to try!

17. bookworm05

bookworm05 Member

My period makes me miserable ugh! The pain and ickyness...Plus I feel so emotional ugh hate it

18. Aminita

Aminita New Member

Just thought I would say that I am NOT PMSing atm, but I am at this point in a constant state of hormonal fluctuation, mostly because of ovarian cysts.

As I said to a friend a few days ago, " All irritability aside, I want to kill someone then cry about it." LOL

19. MizzAmber

MizzAmber New Member

I loathe PMS...I cried watching a commercial last week. And my husband looked at me like I was crazy. If they only knew how good they had it!!

20. somanypareira

somanypareira New Member

Today, a lot of information is available in order to help you make a wise choice when you are shopping water filters. Water filters reviews are a great way to know about different filters as they provide real experiences of consumers using them.

There are different types of water filtration systems from on-the-tap faucet filtration systems dispensers and pitchers using carbon filters, to those using reverse osmosis technique etc. Before making a decision it is important to go through water filters reviews to evaluate features like filter-change indicators as well as overall value, so you can be certain about the right kind of filter according to your requirement.
    WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION