*New TTC Chat*

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Penguin-Goon, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

lol lintu, i think confused gave you next monday as a test date cause she doesnt know that you usually have a shorter LP. i think that if you still dont have AF by the weekend thats a pretty good indication [​IMG] at least that your LP is getting better!!!

2. Lintu

Lintu New Member

I'll do my best to wait til the weekend, but if I start having any symptoms I'll end up testing early I'm sure.

I was feeling kind of dizzy/queasy today but I could be imagining it [​IMG]

3. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

omg hun im not even gonna go there, i mean i was the queen of testing early LOL! i wont say a peep if you test whenever you want! just keep in mind an early neg test doesnt mean anything really. i got a BFN on 9DPO and a BFP on 12DPO. beth is the one you have to watch out for, she will smack you for testing early LMAO!!!

4. BethG

BethG New Member

Yep, I'm chief smacker around here! Of course silly girls like 24P, whoops, I mean Penguin-goon, prove me wrong when they test early!

Lintu, I'd really try to wait to at least 10DPO. Even then it might be too early, but if AF isn't here at 11DPO we'll all start to get REALLY EXCITED for you!

Ambrosia, I see your chart! To that in a minute.....

SweetJ, yes, the CBEFM CAN jump from Low to Peak, I've had it happen before. The monitor will automatically give you a PEAK tomorrow as well but you still have to test. If you have FF on OPK/Monitor, it will automatically assume that tomorrow is O-day. Sometimes the CBEFM and temps coincide, sometimes they don't for me. But they're usually close.

Ok, back to Ambrosia, the days PRIOR to ovulation are your most fertile, although O-day and the day after may be fertile in some women. Are you coming off of birth control? Have you had long cycles before?

5. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

in my defense, i only tested on 9DPO cause gutter was going out of town and wanted to see if i would get a BFP before she left, but it didnt work lol! luckily i still got a BFP after she left [​IMG]

6. BethG

BethG New Member

Lintu, btw, I'm annoyed at you too for not temping this cycle! I keep clicking on your ticker because I want to obsess over your chart and there's NOTHING! LOL!

Took an OPK again this afternoon and still negative. Definitely something going on down there though. I NEED AN EGG!! lol.

7. Lintu

Lintu New Member

I feel dizzy!

8. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Member

Hey BethG...
    Hubby and i have sex a lot... ( not to be descriptive or nething) but at least 4-5 times a week and multiple times each time... Although I know we did on O day, there is a chance we did it days b4... ooh.. Just dont remember...I am sooo hoping to get a BFP this cycle. I am in my luteal phase and hoping AF takes a 9 month vacation

9. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Member

Oh yeah PS....
    I was NEVER on birth control pills and my cycle is usually 32-36 days. I know I have to wait till pass my expected AF day to check.....*fingers crossed*.lol

10. BethG

BethG New Member

Ambrosia, sex is needed so go and have fun! 32-36 day cycle....hmmmm. The only reason I hmmmmm is that I see you ovulated on CD27 which means you should go to about CD41 this time, which sounds out of the ordinary for you. We shall see what happens.

Lintu.....DIZZY???

11. Lintu

Lintu New Member

dizzy! kinda queasy!

12. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Lintu---dizzy? I think testing on 10dpo sounds good too! Good Luck! Fingers crossed.

Good Luck Beth...hoping for a big egg.

13. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Member

BethG,
    Are you saying that I have to go to day 41 (DPO 14) before I can take a pregnancy test?

14. BethG

BethG New Member

Ambrosia, you can sometimes get a postive HPT at 10DPO but there's also a big chance of getting a false negative (if indeed you are pregnant). So if you are pregnant, each day after that just increases the liklihood of getting an accurate result. Early positive tests are usually very faint. So no you don't HAFTA wait but I do think 12DPO is better than 10DPO if you're that anxious....and we all are when we first start!

15. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Ok...so after O'ing (pretty sure) on CD9!!!!! (who the funck does that! Still in shock)...I had some pinchy cramps on my left side...which certainly doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Now I just feel bloated but that maybe be gas build up...it's too early to tell anything anyway...just don't like the pinchy cramp thing...AT ALL!

16. Lintu

Lintu New Member

Interesting...pinchy cramps? How long after ovulation? Maybe that's a good sign!

17. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Well I'm 6dpo now...but this was yesterday. With the fear of another EP looming it's more scary to me then interesting.

18. Lintu

Lintu New Member

Gotcha, I understand now. It makes sense that you are worried, but I'd also say that everything is very close together down there and there's all sorts of weird aches and pains during the 2WW. Crossing my fingers that it's nothing but a POSITIVE sign.

19. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Thanks Lintu....I wish I had never had the EP so that I din't over do it with 'what if's' but having been there done that sorta puts your might right back there especially since once you have one your risk of having another rises.

20. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Oh oh! Sorry, I am still familiarizing myself with individual situations. I change my stance to 'test on Friday'. Don't smack me Beth, but I couldn't last for more than 1 day after longest LP. Just to be safe, I added an extra day!

My temp is hovering around 97.7. There was a massive dip yesterday. Soooo thought that I'd O y'day. But no... Fingers crossed! Sometimes, I wish I could fall asleep after O and wake up 2 weeks later to find a BFP. Now, I am waiting for O. It arrives on day 16 usually, but it was day 11 last time. So, anxious now.

To test CP and CM by sticking a finger in (sorry for being graphic), won't that affect the sperm pool sitting in the cervix? What say you all?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013