New to birth control- helpful tips?

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by Starlover, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Starlover

Starlover New Member

So I am new to this forum and to taking birth control, but I thought it might be helpful to get some tips and advice from people who have experience with it.

I started birth control 8 days ago now after finally being able to get on it to better protect me against pregnancy for when my boyfriend and I have sex. Before we used the pull out method, which seems affective to some extent, however having another backup is a lot more mind easing. Anyway, I was told that after 7 days the bc becomes affective and I wanted to wait even longer than that just in case, however we got intimate today and he didn't pull out. So naturally I'm scared that I could get pregnant despite the bc supposedly being effective. I've also heard that it becomes effective the first day if you start taking it the day you start your period (which is what I did), but I'm not sure how true that is. Anyway I'm probably being paranoid but I wanted some advice as to whether I'm crazy or not for thinking I could be pregnant despite the bc? I still have 3 weeks until my next period so there's really no way to know for sure until then but it's also not something I want to have to worry about for no reason for those 3 weeks. What do you think?

Also, kind of unrelated, since I've starred the birth control I've had a lot of trouble dealing with my emotions. It started after day 3 or 4 days of starting the pill and it's gotten to the point to where I feel like crying everyday for most of the day over stupid little things. It can be hard to control and I wanted to see what others' experiences are with this. Will the constant feeling of wanting to cry and slight depression go away over time and if so about how long will it take? I've read it takes about 3 months to fully get use to it but if these side effects continue for this long at this level, I'm not sure if it's something I should ask my doctor about?

Thank you in advance!