Mommas of Toddlers & Preschoolers - Part 4

Discussion in 'Babies & Toddlers' started by gutterflower, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Tdg_boys

Tdg_boys New Member

Thanks Mel! I know I'm nuts. Lol That's awesome he's doing well potty training at just 3!

I just realized I only said "he" talking about preschool. I ment Evan. haha

2. iampam

iampam Active Member

Bunny I'm so sorry about the miscarriage :(

TDG congratulations on getting married! We are on the island permanently, DH got a job as a cop and we love it. So ready to settle down :)

3. Seerah

Seerah Member

Wow, time flies, can't believe it's been forever since I've been on here and I knew you all from the TTC/Surviving Miscarriage etc. threads!

It's been nearly three years since I last posted that I had a BFP and guess what??? My beautiful son will be 2 next month!!!! I'm so so happy to see so many of you have your babies around the same time and some of you had two!

I might not have been super chatty on here but I just wanted to say that for those of you I remember like Confused-Hasya, *mel*, iampam, BJ99, nessa26, BG, TDG, labby06, Bobeba, Love0322, Apies1819... I really appreciated and was extremely grateful for the support and it helped me through so much, thank you thank you thank you (and thank you to anyone I missed!).

It's been so long now I have to catch up on all this toddler talk!

Take care and see you all around!
    *hugs*

4. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, after nearly 9 years together we finally got married today. We'd put it off for so long I didn't think we'd ever get around to following through on it. LOL

5. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Congrats BG :D

Where is everyone? I miss this place!

6. BunnyGirl19

I keep checking and everyone seems to have vanished.

7. BunnyGirl19

And.....due to hubby getting lazy that weekend I'm due 12/13/14.

8. *mel*

Thats funny BG, I'm due 14th December although thats just an estimate at the moment :)

9. BunnyGirl19

LOL!

Callie just turned 8 months old last week and started crawling. Brighton just turned 20 months and RJ will be 3 in two weeks. We'll be the crazies with 4 under 4!

image.jpg

These are my tests 3 days ago, which seem insanely dark for just hitting 4 weeks, but my dates are exact and my levels started normally for gestation, just started rising like crazy. They were just under 11,000 today and were 29 on my first draw last Tuesday. I've been having major symptoms since 7DPO and tested the next day and got a BFP.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

10. *mel*

4 under 4? OMG! lol! I tested positive 3 days after Abbie's 1st birthday and the baby will be due just after Luke turns 4. It was a huge shock as we didn't plan on having anymore. We had a whoops on day 23 of my cycle and I have always ovulated by then so assumed it was fine, wrong! lol! This however WILL be the last, even if that means never having sex again!!!!

11. BunnyGirl19

We hadn't planned on trying for another until after Callie turned 1, but I lost my job in early February a couple days after we closed on the house. We then planned to wait until I'd had a new job for 6 months, but I so far haven't had any luck in my search for comparable jobs/pay or nothing has hours that will allow doctor appointments for me and the kids. My unemployment runs out at the beginning of August so at the least I'll get another at-home transcription job like I'd done years ago. I have enough experience (12+ years) to get a job doing it even if the pay isn't going to be comparable. I think I'll have a hard time finding a different type of job while pregnant and I won't have earned any leave to protect my job unless I start working full-time at the beginning of May (not likely).

If this is another girl I'll have a sister for Callie and two of each, so 90% we'd be done at least for several more years. Since DH can't be counted on to pull out or use condoms anymore like he used to, I'm probably going to be getting an IUD to make up for that laziness but that way we aren't doing anything permanent so we can have more later. I ended up ovulating the day after my wedding and we got lazy that weekend. It's funny how it was so hard to get pregnant before having any kids and now it's a major feat to not get pregnant. LOL

12. iampam

iampam Active Member

Wow congrats Bunny, on both the marriage and the pregnancy! TDG how are you doing?

Eddie just turned three and Linnea just turned one. I always imagined having at least three kids, but I feel done. My kids are crappy sleepers. I mean Eddie usually sleeps through the night, but Linnea isn't even close. I'm exhausted. Not like, I am tired from last night, but a bone-weary exhaustion of having almost never slept through the night in the past three years. My kids are awesome, but the odds are that another kid would be a crappy sleeper too. Also, while I have easy pregnancies, labor and delivery sucked with them both. Precipitous labor and island life are not compatible, if I got pregnant again I would have to move in with my parents or my in-laws for a month or longer.

Things are good on the island. We moved into the bigger house and it's great. Property manager was crazy, but fortunately she transferred us to a real company. DH loves his job.

Eddie has gotten super chatty and every week is improving rapidly in his verbal skills. No interest in potty training. He's almost always constipated, I've finally come up with a game plan to deal with it involving prune juice, fiber one bars, probiotics and lots of raisins. Today he cried for an hour trying to poop, then took a nap, then finally got it out tonight. I'm hoping once we clear that up that he might take more of an interest in potty training. He does like the "Potty Time" video.

Linnea is pulling up to standing and cruising and standing unassisted for short bursts but no walking yet. She's been packing on the pounds since we started solids and I've been doing more bottles and less breastfeeding, she weighed 20lbs 10oz at her one year checkup. She's so much more verbal than Eddie was, she says several words and signs several words. She loves the Baby Signing Time videos and will frantically sign "baby" when she wants to watch them.

They're both good natured and easy going kids, I've been really blessed. If they were good sleepers I would totally have one or two more. But I'm tired and can't even wrap my head around that. I feel like it is inevitable that we'll have a surprise at some point and have another, or maybe in a few years I'll get the hunger back. DH is SO DONE haha. He's a great dad though, it's been awesome to watch him grow into the role.

13. BunnyGirl19

RJ still has no interesting in potty training either, but has become obsessed with washing his hands any time someone goes to the bathroom. I'm going to try initiating potty training again in June after our trip and hope for the best, maybe attempt to introduce Brighton to it as well since he'll be 2 in August but doubt anything will come of it. At this rate Callie will be trained before them! RJ talks a lot more, but we all struggle to understand him and decipher what he's saying. He's definitely improving and I have a bit of a concern now that he has an expressive speech delay and will bring it up with his doctor when he goes in next month, but around Christmas time he was assessed again (after being assessed at 2) and they said his expressive speech was only about 4 months behind for a boy and seemed to be due to pronunciation problems only (he speaks lots of what appears to be nonsense mixed with real words) but his comprehension and receptive speech tested at that of a 4-1/2-year-old. They don't consider him delayed or needing speech therapy and since he's progressed since then I doubt he now falls into the delayed category. He tries to be my helper with everything and has also become very independent in wanting to do everything for himself. He especially loves food and cooking and always wants to do that.

Brighton is 1-1/2 now and in a bit of a whiny stage. I think he's just frustrated a lot because he's too little to do a lot of what he wants and he only says a few words so he can't really communicate with us. Lately he's taken a big interest in stuffed animals, always hugging and kissing them. He also totally reminds me of Linus from The Peanuts because he's always dragging his blankie around and sucking his thumb.

Callie just turned 8 months old and is crawling everywhere getting into things. She's still tiny, in the 5th percentile for weight and 12th for height at last check-up. She's super smiley and happy and snuggly. She loves playing with her brothers' cars, especially the Go Go Smart Wheels that talk and play music. She pushes them around making motor sounds and pushing the button that makes them talk. Kind of appropriate her first word was car! She also says mama and pink. She's definitely not showing any signs of being delayed anymore when she was expected to be 2-3 months behind (double the number of weeks early she was per her NICU doctor).

I'm hoping I feel done after #4, but I'm not sure if I will since I've always wanted 5 or 6 kids. DH says he wants to be done (wanted to be done after Callie but agreed to try for one more). We're really hoping for another girl. I know that would help me to feel done and that my family was balanced since I'd have two of each.

14. *mel*

I am very lucky that both Luke and Abbie are fantastic sleepers. Luke was sleeping through at 11 weeks and abbie at 9 weeks. The only thing that can send sleep a little haywire is if they get ill.

Luke had a speech and language therapy session a few weeks ago but they weren't very concerned. His issue is with pronunciation but after assessing him it seems he can make all of the sounds he should at his age, seen as he did have speech delay she said pronunciation will most likely to be the final thing to fall into place.

He is potty trained but still has the occasional accident if he leaves it slightly too long and has to make a run for it.

Abbie just turned 1 and is into everything!

I love my kids to bits but still feel a little overwhelmed thinking about having 3!

15. BunnyGirl19

I'm trying to pick a middle name for Piper and it's driving me mad. I'm trying to work on my name list so I can have a few boy and girl names to pick from. Ideally I'd like 5 of each, but it's proving very difficult. The other kids were so easy, but not this time.