Miscarriage of Twins

Discussion in 'Surviving Miscarriage' started by Stephanie209, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Stephanie209

Stephanie209 New Member

My husband and I tried to have a child 2 and a half years ago, and I miscarried at 6 weeks.
    We tried again this past April and I miscarried May 25. My symptoms continued and I never got a period until yesterday, but it was extremely painful and today much to my grief, I expelled a fetus still in it's sac followed by placenta and alot of blood. (sorry to be graphic)I believe I had twins and I lost my little survivor. It's hard, and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, I feel completely drained of energy and overwhelming feelings of sadness. I feel like I've been cursed and I'm afraid to try again because I can't go through this grief again.

2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm sorry. I know where you're coming from. I just had my 6th miscarriage at the beginning of June. I'm still driven to keep trying though. I want kids too much to quit, even if it means going through more miscarriages to get there.

3. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Oh dear! I am so sorry to hear that you had to undergo something so horrifying. Take your time to grieve your loss. You will one day feel ready to try again. Trust me. Until then, cry, scream, whatever you feel like doing. Do take care of your health. It's important that you do so for your recovery.

Do you still have tissue? Perhaps you can get tests run. The cause is quite likely to have been an unfortunate event that won't repeat.

You'll find a lot of support here.

4. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree with tissue testing. It made me feel a lot better knowing the last one was a chromosomal abnormality and wouldn't have been able to develop. It's closure in a way.

5. Stephanie209

Stephanie209 New Member

Thanks girls, I'm new here and it's really nice to have a support system of people who understand.
    I will keep trying because I'm sure I will succeed eventually.
    Good luck to you all too.

6. Jennifer21

Jennifer21 New Member

Aw Steph I am so sorry to hear that. I had an ectopic in Jan after my husband and I had been trying for over a year to get pregnant. I got pregnant the first normal cycle I had in March with twins and they are still going strong. We were completely shocked because with me getting a tube removed from the ectopic and it happening so recently, we were convinced it was going to take a long time... it just goes to show, that you never know, and when the time is right, you will be blessed with a beautiful family.

7. BethG

BethG New Member

Stephanie, I am so sorry for you loss. If you haven't already, please see a doctor to make sure you're ok. Your body might need some healing time after this traumatic later miscarriage before you start TTCing again. Keep us updated.

8. Stephanie209

Stephanie209 New Member

Thanks again girls. I am going to the doctor at 3, and I'm hoping the damage isn't too bad. I'll keep you all posted.

9. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member