LADY COMP-PART 2-ALL NATURAL BC

Discussion in 'Contraception' started by PUMPKIN, Sep 20, 2006.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. PUMPKIN

PUMPKIN Member

ok...so here we are...such a huge success that our thread ran sooooo long. We are starting a new one....but for all the new ladies wanting to research the old thread it will be archived. All ladies using LC check in and keep us posted.

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Thanks pumpkin [​IMG] nice to hear from you

3. lorfaith

lorfaith New Member

Thanks pumpkin! I was just checking in. I am getting married in 3 days so I might not be droping by too much for a time. Hope everyone is doing great!

4. PUMPKIN

PUMPKIN Member

Congrats lorfaith....it seems like your wedding day came so fast..enjoy your big day, you and your fiance have patiently waited for this day for your whole life. We look forward to hearing all about the wedding!!

5. GreenTea

GreenTea Super Moderator Staff Member

Just to let you all know, Lady Comp Part One has been closed and moved to the Archives board. If you want to read it, click here .

6. Astarte

Astarte New Member

Hi everyone,

So I am now officially using the Pearly (mini L/C). I started it on day 1 of my cycle. I am now on day 6 and have had green lights each day. Today is the first day it shows yellow and the next 6 days are forecasted at red. I noticed that the lights do change a little after you take your temp because the comp needs to assess you. So I would highly recommend starting this as you would the pill or any other method on day 1 - that way the comp knows where you're at and you have more likelihood of accurate forecasts especially green days! I know when I first tried the original LC I had many yellow days because I was in the middle of a cycle and that was frustrating and the comp didn't know where I was at. So just thought I would let new users know my experience. Thanks [​IMG]

7. joyrn

joyrn New Member

Just checking in, also. I finally got my LC and am loving it. Natural Methods said they had an unexpected increase in the # of orders for the LCs. I can't help but think this discussion had something to do with it! It took over a month for them to come in, but then they overnighted mine to me from Canada!

8. Cateyezz

Cateyezz New Member

Hello Ladies,

It's been a while. I came back from D.C. and just noticed on my Ladt Comp It some how skipped a day. it thinks I am one day ahead. How do I fix the date change on this, anyone.
    Thank you Hope all is well everyone.

9. snails3

snails3 New Member

Hey everyone,

I'll be ordering my LC soon, thanks to this thread. ( Pumpkin, they should put you on the payroll. If you hadn't started this thread I would never of heard about the LC.) I'm trying to decide between buying directly from Rax Medical or from Natural Methods. Has anybody had a good experience with Natural Methods? Also, I'm planning on using a diaphragm on my red days. Is anyone else doing this?

10. PUMPKIN

PUMPKIN Member

hey snails3...glad to hear of your decision....I know I wish I was on the payroll in the beginning someone accused me of working for the company and of course that wasn't true....after I ordered I found you could be a dealer and I almost was going to be so we would have someone in the states...but decided it probably wouldn't work out....I mean who would buy these things....BOY was I wrong. No..really, in the end I am just so glad that we all have found altenatives to ingesting stuff each day and being a test dummy for new meds.

11. Messalina

Messalina New Member

Hey girls - I've been using my Pearly for several months now. Around the time of my period my temperture drops to around 35.9-36.1. During ovulation it is around 36.5-36.8. Then it usually goes down again. This month, however, my temperature during mensturation has been higher than usual. It didn't really drop at all. Does anyone know why this could be? I didn't change anything - was sleeping solidly for 8 hours each night, didnt move, didn't drink too much. Any suggestions? It probably doesn't matter, but I'm just keen to know how it all works!! Hope everyone is going well :)

12. Birla

Birla New Member

Hej everybody, thank you for starting this thread Pumpkin!
    I have followed the old thread and now the new one, and because of that I have bought a Ladycomp and will recieve it in a couple of days. Looking forward to it!!
    I have two babies, the youngest is 11 months, and I am breastfeeding. I had a Mirena IUD that I had taken out a week ago because the hormones in it caused me to loose all my sexdrive. Not so good :)
    I have not had a period yet since getting pregnant with my baby, so I am wondering if I have to wait using the Ladycomp till I get my first period?
    Does anyone have any experience with using the ladycomp while breastfeeding?

13. Astarte

Astarte New Member

Birla, I would wait until your first period. Otherwise, it won't know where you are at really. You'll probably just get a bunch of yellow days if you do it now. I started on day 1 of my cycle and got several green days now I am on red since my Pearly is still learning about me.

14. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Okay, I'm about ready to give the LC (or Pearly) a try. In the shower this morning, bf and I got frisky, instead of being spontaneous, we had to get out, decide what method to use, grab the condom and the spermicide, all before we could get busy. Talk about a mood killer (for me at least). I would just love to know- green light--go; Yellow/red-backup method. I'm going to give myself till the end of the year to think about it (its a big purchase, and I've had lots of veterinary bills this summer to pay off). I'll also have a better idea of my natural cycle (off the pill earlier this month). Anyway, I'll be lurking, reading your LC questions and seeing how its working for you. Thanks everyone--

15. chutzpah

chutzpah New Member

I agree with Astarte--you should wait for your first period. This is my 2nd cycle with LC and I started halfway through my last cycle and ended up with lots of yellows--greens only during my period. :rolleyes: No fun--(but still way, way better than being psycho-woman on BCP!)

16. Birla

Birla New Member

Thanks for the advice, I will wait using the LC until my period starts. Cant wait [​IMG]

17. poena

poena New Member

I too bought a Pearly because of this thread. I have not set it up yet (might need some help with that soon) because I'm waiting for the first day of my real menses. Until then I'm just charting my cycle, although I'm a novice at that too. Thank you Pumpkin & Co. for keeping this thread alive and going.

18. L. Zoe

L. Zoe New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been away for awhile. LC is still great and I'm onto my 3rd cycle now. The red light starts a couple of days after my period ends and goes until the day after ovulation. Then from that point on until the end of my next period its all green so it's great! This form of birth control has definately been the best choice for me. I'm talking about it so much that two people I know have already ordered one.

Birla & poena I have some different advice with regards to starting the LC or pearly. The way I look at it your not on birth control anymore so you need to use protection from now until you get your first real period regardless of when you start the LC. So starting the LC and getting all yellows or reds doesn't really matter all that much.

My advice would be to start the LC now so that it can record your temperatures, catch the temperature drop when you get your period and you'll have the temp for the first day of your period. At first, your right, it won't know what part of your cycle your in. But when you get your period and enter M it will then know what part of your cycle the past temps were from. It will also start to learn what your temps are after ovulation and what they drop to once you start menstruating. You can also wait until you get your period which would be fine too, I think it will just be really hard to actually take your temp the first day of menstruation because you likely won't know you have it that day until you get up out of bed in which case its too late to take your temp.

If you decide to start after you get your first menstruation then just be sure to enter the first day you started in the LC in case that doesn't correspond with the first day your taking your temperature.

Hopefully that all makes sense. It does in my head [​IMG] lol

19. mimo

mimo New Member

I have just began to read through the threads for LC and was wondering if anyone has become pregnant while using this? Is it ever wrong?

I just ordered centchroman and received my pills, but am hesitant to start it due to 2 recently occurring pregnancies from board members. Has anyone used LC in conjuction with Centchroman?

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance!

20. Seashelles

Seashelles New Member

Mimo,

I replied to this query in the Centchroman thread but to reiterate, I will be combining the two methods in a couple of months when I order my Lady Comp, so I will let you know how that works out for me.

From what I've read, and the opinions I've received, it sounds like its a reasonable compromise and that way you feel extra protected, because sometimes just condoms can make you a bit stressed, I understand that fear!

Let me know if you want more info. [​IMG]