LADY COMP ALL NATURAL BIRTH CONTROL PART 5

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by PUMPKIN, Dec 19, 2007.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. falak

falak New Member

Hello!
    I´ve been using Lady comp for 11 days now. This morning LC asked if i´m
    menstruating and i put no.
    I just got my period later on this very same day. Should i put "M" now or tomorrow morning?
    I´m so happy this forum exists!

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. babygrl92795

babygrl92795 New Member

Mine came today! I am excited and ready to go!

3. iampam

iampam Active Member

Falak, if it's red bleeding, go ahead and put it in for today (your manual says how to do this). If it's just spotting, wait until tomorrow.

4. falak

falak New Member

Allright, thanks iampam!

5. babygrl92795

babygrl92795 New Member

Ok-i got my LC a few days ago,and started using it right away. I put my past "M" data in, and have had 3 super consistant temps: 97.43, 97.48, 97.46. Today, I got 97.03. I am assuming that I am getting ready to O. ( I am on day 13 of a 28 day cycle)

Can I trust LC this month once I start getting greens, or should I wait until I have used it a full month first? my cycles are like clockwork-I found that out when I charted when ttc. I just don't like charting, and like that LC does it for me. [​IMG] I just didn't know if I could trust the first month of greens...

6. iampam

iampam Active Member

LC will give you green lights after 3 days of a clear temperature rise. If you want to be more conservative you could wait like 5 days or more to make sure it's real. But I think LC will be pretty conservative your first month, I don't think it will give you any green lights unless it's really clear.

Having clockwork cycles makes it a lot easier to chart... you're lucky!

7. april1212

april1212 New Member

Hey ladies!

So, after researching and comparing LadyComp with other fertility monitors available online, I came across Cyclotest 2 Plus, which is much cheaper than LadyComp(145 GBP compared to 385GBP!). I can't understand why LadyComp is so much more expensive when each device does the exact same job. Actually, it seems that Cyclotest can do more than LadyComp--it uses your cervical mucus and LH hormone test results, as well as your BBT to narrow down your fertile days with even more precision (while LadyComp just uses your BBT). Cyclotest also seems more compact and portable than LadyComp. Does anyone have any experience with Cyclotest or know anyone who has used it? I'm pretty much sold on it at this point, but any extra feedback would be great!!

Thanks!

8. Hopingfor4at34

Hopingfor4at34 New Member

Hi ladies!

I'm really wanting to buy a new BabyComp ASAP! I was interested before I got pregnant but since I was new to CBE and had tons of sticks, plus lots of OPKs and using FF to chart BBT etc., I decided to wait. I conceived naturally (well, I think Fertilaid & Vitex helped) in 3 cycles.

I've found the CBE monitor to be whatever it wants to be. In fact, my conception cycle it said I O'd the day AFTER! Thankfully I knew it was wrong and so did FF! And with wacky sleep schedules now and just the fact that I won't have all the time doing all the stuff I was doing before but it sure was great for the POAS addict!

Anyhow, time for the Baby/Lady comp!

I'm 4 weeks post partum. I know that many women say that the lady comp is just as good for both prevention and conception but since I do want to conceive again down the road and around the age when it's supposed to get a little harder to conceive, I'd like to just get the BabyComp (unless I get overwhelming responses that it really is a huge waste of money).

Please let me know if you have one to sell. Or where should I buy one? I want whatever is newest (latest version) and will be the cheapest (need Farenheit too). Lady-Computers almost sounds like they have the newest ones but maybe it's just wording and RAX (???) is selling the exact same. I would do the payment plan but I don't want to pay more!!! If someone is willing to sell me theirs (recently purchased but needs sensor b/c gently used), I'd prefer it to be offered with a new sensor.

Thank you! Just in case I don't see this message board right away, you can email me at chatthruemail at yahoo!

Thanks!

9. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a Baby Comp and don't think it was a waste of money. I ordered mine from Rax Medical and did a 12-month payment plan (it cost about $49 a month after initial down payment of $100-ish). I've had mine for just short of two years now and I've had no problems with it nor have I needed to replace the sensor yet. I'm not using it beyond the alarm feature right now because I'm pregnant, but I will definitely be using it again after I deliver.

10. Luce H

Luce H New Member

hiya, i'm new and have a couple of questions about ladycomp.

mainly i want to know what the typical number of 'green' days each cycle is. I normally have a 4 day period (well, that was before the pill messed everything up!), am i right in thinking that that counts as green days? i'm not keen on having sex on my period.

people are mentioning charting but i'm really not sure what this is? sorry, i'm just really new to this- i've just decided that i am completely fed up of the pill etc.

also, there's something called pearly which looks similar but cheaper? why are so many people buying ladycomp?

11. iampam

iampam Active Member

Luce, the number of days of your period doesn't matter... how many days is your total cycle?

Charting is putting all of your temperatures into a graph so you can "see" when you ovulated. Such as fertilityfriend.com. Many prefer LC or BC over Pearly because they have more features.

If you're considering using LC or Pearly, please google "Natural Family Planning", this is the principle behind how they work. It's important to have some understanding of this so that you know what you are getting into.

12. Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom New Member

So, I've been using Lady-Comp for nearly an entire cycle now, but I am a bit worried...I have been sort of manually charting, recording temps on a paper template and also noting cervical mucous. However, my temps looked very strange...and, don't hit me...I reset the LC and started all over. I was convinced it was because I was doing things like going to bed at 5 am, temping 5 hours later at 10 am (with only 5 hours of sleep), and then passing back out. And then, on the next day, going to bed at 5 am again, but thinking ahead and setting the LC alarm to go off at noon or 1 pm instead (I know, such odd hours!). I can tell I had a definite ovulatory temperature spike and all, but I had a bunch of really wacky outliers, too, and I was sorry I had temped those days - which is why I panicked and started over. (I realize this might have been an overreaction.)

So, is it better to:

1)Set the LC alarm for one particular time, and temp at that time everyday, regardless of if I've had 5 or 8 hours of sleep, and regardless of if I will temp and then fall back asleep.
    2)Set the LC alarm to fit my actual schedule, even if it means it'll be waking me to temp at 10 am one day, then 1 pm the next.

I am probably over-thinking all of this!

13. iampam

iampam Active Member

Unfortunately it's different for everyone. I would recommend trying option 1 for 1-3 cycles and seeing how your charts look.

LC can handle a few outliers, but it can be dangerous if you get several in a row that are too high.

14. Orange Blossom

Gotcha. I am trying to be a good girl and get to bed between 1-2am every night with a 10am alarm, but grad school does a number on one's schedule, especially if you are already naturally a night owl!

15. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

I think you only need 4 straight hours of sleep to be able to temp properly, regardless of what time of day/night it is. I work shift work and sometimes temp at 5 am, 11am, and 2pm, depending on my shift or day off! I never seem to have a problem with too many red days or with FF not being able to detect ovulation.

16. Orange Blossom

So you don't necessarily get the same amount of sleep before temping every day?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

17. TsMom

TsMom New Member

It doesn't matter that you get the same number of hours of sleep every night, only that you get at least 4 consecutive hours of good sleep before temping in the morning.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

18. Orange Blossom

Hmm, ok. Well, on the bright side, LC correctly predicted that "M" would be today, so I must be doing something right. :)

19. Orange Blossom

Another thing about "M" - if you start spotting at, say, 9:30pm, and then you get a bit of red blood before midnight - do you still say "M" for that day, or start it on the next day...when is the "cut-off?"

20. iampam

iampam Active Member

The cut off is wherever you want it to be as long as you are consistent. If I didn't get any red blood until after 6pm or so, I usually just counted it the next day.