LADY COMP ALL NATURAL BIRTH CONTROL PART 5

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by PUMPKIN, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Jenni-girl

Jenni-girl New Member

2. Pia

Pia New Member

Hi Jenny-girl,

your current cycle looks fine.
    However the last one looks like a typical stress cycle.
    How long have you been off the pill?
    Anything special going on?

Looking forward to further info if you want...

3. Jenni-girl

Jenni-girl New Member

Thanks Pia!~ I got my period on the 1st of this month. Ive been off the pill for a year, but I have been really stressed, going through severe GERD so my doctor has me on the blandest diet and also a lot of personal stuff going on so I guess that makes sense. Im always stressed so i wasnt sure :p It gave me all greens for the days after I posted this actually...but Im not exactly "trusting" it since ive been a bit all over the place in terms of timing of period.

4. april1212

april1212 New Member

Hi Everyone!

Wow, there's so much information on here--what great support!

I'm currently a diaphragm user and had actually no idea that these little devices even existed before joining this forum!

Anyways, why don't gyns recommend them? Are they actually reliable? I think I'd be a bit scared to leave pregnancy up to a computer, but it seems like most of you guys have good experiences with them? Can you buy Lady-Comp in America?

Thanks!

5. iampam

iampam Active Member

Gynecologists don't recommend LC for a variety of reasons including lack of knowledge about it, not trusting their patients to be able to temp reliably/abstain on red days, and just a general feeling that condoms/BCP/IUD are the only effective forms of birth control out there.

LC/BC/Pearly are very reliable for women who:
    - get regular sleep
    - don't frequently do things that can affect BBT (like drinking or getting sick)
    - are reliable about taking their temperature in the morning
    - are willing to abstain on red/yellow days (or are willing to accept that if they have sex and use a backup method, the effectiveness will only be as good as the backup method)
    - ovulate fairly regularly

Most of the women on here who use it also chart their temps on fertilityfriend.com and enjoy learning how their body works. I always enjoyed knowing when my period would start and not having any surprises there.

And yes, you can buy LC in the US.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

6. april1212

april1212 New Member

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

Is there any specific reason you chose LadyComp over any of the other monitors out there? Is it the cheapest?

7. iampam

iampam Active Member

LC is not the cheapest, it's probably the most expensive other than BabyComp. There aren't that many options on the market. I chose LC over Pearly because it had a lot more features.

8. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

I'm back to using my ladycomp [​IMG]

9. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

Ya, 3 is the min. it just requires three to count as actual menstruation. So more is fine. and correct, spotting is NOT to be put in as M in LC. even if it is right before or right after your period.

10. Anna67

Anna67 New Member

Hi everyone,

I started spotting at 1 AM on Thursday morning, right before I went to bed. By the time I woke up at 8 AM on Thursday, my period had really started. It continued on Friday, and now, on Saturday, it has completely stopped, no spotting or anything. When I woke up this morning, I input "M" in my LC because I assumed I would still be on my period.

What should I do? I know that you're supposed to have at least three M days in LC. Should I cancel the M for today, and input it for Wednesday, since I had spotting that night? (Even though technically it was Thursday morning.) I don't even know if it's possible to change the M data for three days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

11. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Thursday is your Day 1, Friday day 2, and even though it stopped on Saturday you should still input it as day 3 as LC needs 3 days of M to work. My day 3 is usually spotting but I still input M and it's all been good.

Do not make Wednesday day 1. Day 1 is only when you have actual bleeding not spotting. Your day 1 accuracy is what's important, your day 3 info is just for tracking sake.

12. Anna67

Anna67 New Member

Thanks for your fast reply, Paula!! You put my mind at ease. [​IMG]

13. april1212

april1212 New Member

Thanks for the info iampam [​IMG]

I've noticed there aren't really a lot of fertility monitors available here in the states, which is shame. LadyComp is pretty expensive, but does seem more high-tech/reliable than Pearly. I'm thinking about looking up some online stores outside of the states--maybe I could order one in the mail? Has anyone ever done that?

14. WhiTniZZle

WhiTniZZle New Member

I actually purchased my LC on ebay, was 250 including shipping, and has been working for me just wonderfully since last May. It was definitely taking a chance, but it worked out. You can also order one from RAX medical apparently, I have heard several ladies on here talk about them, definitely look around though, because If I remember correctly, some ladies had bad experience with one of the online suppliers, can't remember which one. Also, there is a member on here named 'Pia' I think she is affiliated with Lady Comp and Baby comp somehow, and could probably give you some info.

GOOD LUCK!

15. ajdex

ajdex New Member

Hi,
    Can someone check out my chart and give me an opinion on weather or not I could be pg? I'm thinking i'm safe because I had three high temps before we BD. We did it on the evening of the 3rd temp rise. after that i had lots orange lights.. more than usual as you can see on my chart.
    Let me know what you think.

16. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

It's hard to say for sure, especially at this point in your cycle, but if your O is the same as FF shows you should be safe per FAM/NFP rules.

17. babygrl92795

babygrl92795 New Member

Hi ladies! I am a newbie. I have been a lurker,and just ordered my LC yesterday! [​IMG]

18. babygrl92795

babygrl92795 New Member

If I have not been on any BC, do I need to wait until my next period to start using LC, or can/should I start right away?

19. iampam

iampam Active Member

You can start using it right away. Check out the instruction manual for how to enter your past "M" data (your last period).

Depending on where you are in your cycle you might not get any green lights right away, that's normal.

20. babygrl92795

babygrl92795 New Member

Ok-I just didn't want to mess it up, but I really want to get started on it so it can learn my cycles faster. [​IMG] Anyone know how fast it should arrive from Rax Medical? I ordered express shipping.