LADY COMP ALL NATURAL BIRTH CONTROL PART 5

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by PUMPKIN, Dec 19, 2007.

1. PUMPKIN

PUMPKIN Member

Welcome to Lady Comp part 5......we had grown to too many pages and needed to start a fresh thread. Everyone check in and give some reports.

BTW.....LC part 1-4 are in the archives

2. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Heres to safe and reliable birth control!

3. JulesBunny

JulesBunny New Member

woohoo. LC!!

still the chart says I have not O'd yet and thinks it was an anovulatory cycle, but LC gave me my first green today of the cycle, despite no temp shift, supposedly post-O.

Is it ever safe before M in an anovulatory cycle?

4. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Jules you can show me your chart [​IMG] Pm it to me

5. JulesBunny

JulesBunny New Member

Thanks D4a [​IMG]

So yeah, LC was right...again. [​IMG]
    The thing that baffles me is that what the chart needs to predict the very same info is coverline adjustments, cervical fluid observation, etc. And LC...even with curveballs thrown in and a abnormal temp shift like I had this cycle, is ALWAYS right on target. So far, all 8 cycles have been spot on, and I'm being insanely nitpicky about its accuracy!

If anyone was reading my story and was watching me freak out, here is the outcome so you too can rest assured: I knew I O'd, based on fluid observations and LC said I had on day 15. Still, my temps werent rising ENOUGH for me to be confident I had O'd. I wasn't trusting LC. Usually they were much higher. But this time around however, all my temps were a degree lower through the whole cycle so the shift was hard to spot myself. Even the chart was saying there was not a clear shift to denote O ever happening yet...

But! As soon as I temped this morning, LC moved my O day to Day 16, and gave me a green. I freaked out. How could LC give me a green, when yesterday my chart said it doesn't know if I O'd yet? How was that safe?...

Sure enough, I charted on TCOYF with my LC reading: day 3 of dryness, and input my newest temp which still seemed low, but was JUST high enough to be a shift I guess. I couldn't tell. and what did TCOYF say? O DAY on Day 16, this is after it rearranged my coverline! BINGO. LC wasn't just right today, it HAD been right in its predictions of O almost 2 weeks before my chart could even tell.

So, my first post O green today was safe after all.
    All in all, LC kept me safe on reds and yellows until it figured out a clear shift, even though it didn't needs to, it had been right all along. Good to know.

I like charting, but I am seeing it is not necessary with LC. This little machine rocks!!! It is almost spooky how accurate it's been. It is quite intelligent.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

6. Chikay

Chikay New Member

Hello all! This is my first post, I purchased my LC because of these forums. Started using it straight after quitting BC pills that I've been off & on for 5 years. Now on my 2nd cycle with LC and trusted my first green days after O during my first cycle and all is going well!

Just wanted to add to the good reviews of LC!

7. Sensoria

Sensoria New Member

I'm gearing up to buy a LC within the next month. Can anyone recommend a website within the U.S. or Canada? I know someone had said they ordered one and they waited a long time to receive it so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

8. PUMPKIN

PUMPKIN Member

RAXmedical was the fastest shipment and continue to be the most supportive when I have questions.

9. Sensoria

Sensoria New Member

Thanks Pumpkin!

10. Curly007

Curly007 New Member

Hey ladies I need help I am trying to delete the saved data from my ladycomp but am failing miserably. Has anyone else ever tried this and do you have any tricks?

11. MatthewsMommy

MatthewsMommy Member

This is what the website says...however when I called they walked me through it...maybe try that..

14. Deleting memorized data

Proceeding from the time display.
    With the left thumb, press and hold the round button.
    In addition, press and hold the minus and plus buttons, e.g. with the right thumb and the middle finger.
    Hold all three buttons for 5 seconds.
    If the display becomes lighter or darker while you are trying to cancel data, this means that you did not press the plus and minus buttons simultaneously.
    If the display is turned off, this again means that you did not press the plus and minus buttons simultaneously. Please start again from the beginning.
    An "L" appears on the display panel, with a "9" on the right. Let go of the three buttons.
    You must count down this "9" to zero by pressing the minus button 9 times. The cancellation process is interrupted if you touch any other button.
    Cancellation takes place automatically at zero. There is an acoustic signal. Then the current time appears on the display.
    In this way, it is impossible to delete memorized data by mistake.
    After deleting the data, you see the same information in the individual indicators as in the pictogram (e.g. temperature 36.65). After the first temperature reading, the pictogram data is automatically cancelled in the same way as when the device first became operational.
    Enter "M" by pressing the plus button. "M" remains constantly illuminated. Inaccurate "M" data can be cancelled by pressing the minus button.
    It is only necessary to enter the first "M" day. LC/BC automatically enters two more days.

12. Curly007

Curly007 New Member

Thanks, I tried that and I tried what the book said too but I wasn't having any luck. Maybe I will try again and then I will call if I still cannot get it.

13. Cody4

Cody4 New Member

Hi,
    I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now, and have decided to order a LadyComp today. I have a 4 month old, and have been researching natural BC. I have to admit I'm a little paranoid about using LadyComp, but everyone here seems to have had great success with it, so I'm going to give it a whirl. I have no desire to ever go through a pregnancy again (mine was horrendously miserable), so I REALLY hope this thing works. I'm finishing up with breastfeeding within the next couple of weeks, so I'm not sure when my cycles will be starting or how long it will take for them to be regular. Can anyone tell me how accurate LC is under these circumstances?

Thanks!

14. Curly007

Curly007 New Member

Hi everyone, I am so excited I just found this little tidbit on Natural Methods website maybe this can help me or someone else.

14. Deleting memorized data
    To erase data from devices sold prior to April 2004, proceed with the instructions below from the time display. For devices sold on or after April 2004, proceed with the directions after entering the test mode. (See 13. Test mode)

Press and hold the round button, the minus button, and plus button simultaneously. Hold for 5 seconds.
    If the display becomes lighter or darker while you are trying to cancel data, this means that you did not press the plus and minus buttons simultaneously.
    If the display is turned off, this again means that you did not press the plus and minus buttons simultaneously. Please start again from the beginning.
    An "L" appears on the display panel, with a "9" on the right (eg. "L-09" or "L--9"). Let go of the buttons.
    You must count down this "9" to zero by pressing the minus button 9 times. The cancellation process is interrupted if you touch any other button.
    Cancellation takes place automatically at zero. There is an acoustic signal. Then the current time appears on the display.
    This method makes it impossible to delete memorized data by mistake. After deleting the data, the device returns to factory mode and will display the sample values (e.g. temperature 36.65 or 97.97). After the first temperature reading, the sample data is automatically removed again.

15. nonniecita

nonniecita New Member

Hi everyone!!!
    Just joining the chat. I learned about the LC last night and purchased one today!!! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions soon:)
    Thanks Pumpkin for making the LC known!

16. Chikay

Chikay New Member

Hello!
    Wondering if someone can help me out here..
    My first 2 cycles coming off the pill were 'normal' with 31 day cycles and obvious temp shift changes after O. Now into my 3rd month, this cycle is on day 40 with no O said so far, lots of yellows and reds, until just recently I've been getting greens again.
    I updated my chart (which is on excel for now)and with recent greens the chart seems to show a temp shift, but ladycomp had nowhere in that area given me reds or an O..just went straight from yellows to greens.
    Just wondering if someone can give me any input on this situation and if the greens are safe now??
    Sorry for the funny link, I'm using the webspace from a horse site of mine, lol. Oh and re: the one huge temp spike, I had the flu that day! The greens start on Day 32.
    Thanks!

*I will have to take this link down in a couple days just so I don't get too much 'web traffic' lol.
    *p.s: My main concerns are just that there were no reds before my greens, only yellows, even tho I see a temp shift now, and just fyi the reds were from days 8 - 18, and are the greens safe for sure?? (Somewhere I'm sure they are, just need the reassurance lol)

17. Jessica83

Jessica83 New Member

from what I know, in case you get an anovulatory cycle, LC will give you reds and yellows until it considers ovulation still possible, after which it might give you green. The green lights are alwasy 99.3% safe, so don't worry about that.

However, your chart does show a temp shift (a really high peak, actually) around CD 27 if I'm reading it correctly?
    when did LC start giving you greens?

Btw, www.fertilityfriend.com is where most women using LC keep their graphs [​IMG] it's really convenient!

18. Curly007

Curly007 New Member

Hi Chikay I would have to agree with Jessica it looks like you had an anovulatory cycle. Lady Comp says that it takes three months (I think) before it is spot on. I would think you are ok for your green days.

19. Chikay

Chikay New Member

Thanks very much for your input that's kind of what I was thinking but since I'm new at this I wasn't quite sure.
    Jessica83 - the one high temp was actually when I was sick with the flu haha, and lady comp started giving me the greens at CD 32

20. Jessica83

Jessica83 New Member

then from what I can tell, it makes sense, right after the flu peak (did LC recognize it as flu? otherwise, if you know you're sick that morning, skip your readings until you recover) you do have 3 temps that are higher than the previous ones [​IMG]

So my guess is you really did ovulate after all