Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 6**

Discussion in 'Overcoming Infertility' started by gutterflower, May 20, 2011.

1. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

My cycles are still screwed up since having Luke, O is around CD 20ish but my LP is a very pathetic 8 days! My body tries to O for about a week before it actually manages it and it's so bad, reminds me of the O pain I used to get before the endo was removed but instead of just being the day of O it's for a whole week, sometimes longer [​IMG] I don't really know if it's worth trying to lengthen my LP with the fact we aren't ttc. Would just be nice to have my body working as it's supposed to I suppose.

2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

My LP was 10 and then 11. I'd like to get back to 14 again this cycle if possible. I'm hoping the progesterone will help do it. We are going to start trying again in a couple months.

3. msjackiedt

msjackiedt New Member

I am having a long cycle and it frustrates me and I want desperately do not want to be pregnant and am trying NOT to get PG.... it bothers me because I want to know when I'm going to start and when it's long and I'm late I panic that I am pregnant. I could care less if I ovulate though.

4. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Just thought I would pop back in to update. I started the progesterone inserts yesterday morning. I'll use those every other day until testing day or AF shows.

I do have a concern and I don't know if anyone has any similar stories and it is normal or not. My DH and I were supposed to BD on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (I had the HCG trigger shot on Sunday) We were successful on Sunday and Monday to BD but on Tuesday, my DH had performance issues. (This is one reason that I am afraid of IVF as well because he had such a hard time doing the sample for the SA. We even did that sample here at the house. Will he be able to do it at the doctor's office??) I think it is stress related even though he won't admit it. He doesn't seem to have a problem any other time!!
    So I am also concerned that Tuesday would have been the most important day to BD. Although I know that sperm will live for 3 days or something like that. I'm just not sure how quickly I would have ovulated after that shot. And they aren't doing anymore monitoring with my this cycle. I'm just to call them with the results of the test or when AF starts.

5. BunnyGirl19

SO has occasionally had issues, but generally only when he's been under a lot of stress for work and usually it's more that he just doesn't want to than has issues doing it.

We have decided to start TTC again when this cycle ends in about a week. My cycles are still a bit messed up though, and my 7DPO progesterone levels done today came back at 8 and that's with progesterone supplements. Grrr! I'm guessing next cycle won't be too good either since my progesterone is low this time and it has an effect on the next cycle.

6. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

BG sorry to hear that your cycles are so messed up. With PCOS I definitely can understand the frustration with long and unpredictable cycles. when I was a teenager it was great becuase I would go for three month stretches without a period! I was not sexually actice until I was older so I never had the fear of being pregnant!!

I'm figuring I am having some side effects of the progsterone inserts but I have been so bloated lately and my BBs are fairly tender. Usually they don't get tender until just a couple of days before AF. It's usually a sign for me that AF is about to start.
    One week down, only one week left until testing!

7. iampam

iampam Active Member

Wow BG, I can't believe your SO is ready to try again so soon. My DH is a long way from being ready!!

8. BunnyGirl19

I was surprised too, but I think he's more excited to try for another one than he was the first time! I was anticipating me needing to push him to start trying after Christmas like we'd discussed before, but he got on board way sooner and actually brought it up to me this time. And I'm certainly not going to complain!!! I'll come home from work and he'll greet me with "Wanna go make a pink one?" LOL!!!

9. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Well I caved in and took a test this morning. Actually the nurse had told me to take the test 14 days after I had the trigger shot. It's the same old story BFN. Not even a hint of another line on the test. AF hasn't started yet but I figure it is just a matter of time.
    I figure we'll do one more medicated cycle withouth IVF and then we'll look into financing options for IVF. I already have most of the meds for another cycle so it shouldn't be quite as expensive.

10. BunnyGirl19

I'm sorry Jodi, but you aren't out until AF arrives so it's stillpossible!

AF arrived for me today. I managed to have a 14-day LP with supplements this time. I started with super late spotting around 10 pm last night and bleeding today, so about normal for me. We are now officially TTC again this cycle and will do a few attempts without meds (aside from progesterone) and hope it works so we can skip the meds altogether this time.

11. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry about the BFN Jodi, it's never nice to see that. Bunnygirl is right though, it's not over untill you see AF. Keep us updated.

12. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Still no AF. I have not taken another test either though. I actually need to go buy another test. I didn't feel like going out in the rain today during my lunch break at work today. So, my plan is that if by lunch tomorrow, no AF, I will be going to buy another test to take on Wednesday morning. And I'll probably call my doctor's office to see what their suggestion is. I'm just not sure how soon after the trigger shot I should have ovulated.

BG - glad to hear that you had a somewhat normal cycle this month. Hopefully you'll get your wish and not have to use any other meds this time.

13. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Well ladies I think AF will be showing up tomorrow. Usually I have some brownish discharge the day or two before AF starts and I started seeing that this evening.
    We are going to do one more medicated cycle and then we'll either try IVF, adopt, or give up on the dream. I'm so afraid that I will spend so much money on IVF and then even that won't work. I'll only end up poor and heartbroken!!

14. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

AF showed up today. I had put so much pressure on this being the month to get pregnant since I was going to have the meds to help with ovulation. I crashed really hard when it didn't happen.
    I am going to try a different approach this next cycle. Just take the shots and not get so worked up that it is going to be "THE" month. I'm trying to talk my husband into going to the beach or the mountains for at least one over night during the time that I should be ovulating. Maybe being away from home relaxing would be beneficial?! So far he's not convinced!!!
    I'll be going to have an ultrasound and bloodwork on Saturday morning. I'll find out that afternoon if it is a go to do another medicated cycle. Here's to another month of needles!!!

15. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

It's been very quiet on here.

I had the ultrasound and bloodwork done yesterday. They gave me a call later in the afternoon to say that everything looked good for starting the shots on Monday. I'll do 100 IU of Follistim for 6 days and have an ultrasound done on the 18th to check follicle size. If it is the same routine as last month, I'll do the Ovidrel that day and BD for the next three days.
    DH starts a new work schedule this week. He has been working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week. This week they start a rotating shift so he will start having some days off. He works 4 days this week and 3 days next week. So, two of the days we'll need to BD he won't have to work! I'm thinking that could be very good news because I really feel like he was exhausted last month when we were trying. I still haven't convinced him to go away for an overnight though.

16. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Totally, go away, Jodi. It'll help you relax. Even if you can go at any other time of the month or perhaps during the 2ww, to take your mind off things.

17. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Had an ultrasound and bloodwork today. I will take the Ovidrel this evening and then BD for the next three days. DH has the next two days off still so he shouldn't be quite as exhausted this time. I haven't been able to talk him into an overnight stay anywhere.
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up so high this month. But I do know that if it doesn't happen this month then the next step will be IVF or adoption....I'm leaning more towards IVF.

18. BunnyGirl19

If I O on schedule I should be O'ing on Tuesday so it looks like we are cycle buddies right now.

19. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

BG - Looks like we are cycle buddies. (If indeed that dip yesterday and rise in temperature today means you O'd) I had some severe pains yesterday so I think that was O day for me. DH and I BD twice on Monday and once on Tuesday. He's working 14+ hours today so it definitely didn't happen this AM. Here's to hoping that at least one of us gets a BFP! It would be awesome if it could happen for both of us though. It would be great to go through a pregnancy with someone with O day on the very same day! And you've been through it once already so I am sure you would be very helpful/knowledgeable to me!!

20. BunnyGirl19

I'm nearly positive it won't be me getting one. We didn't BD that close to O tjis time. It didn't work out.