Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 6**

Discussion in 'Overcoming Infertility' started by gutterflower, May 20, 2011.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like she hasn't updated for over a week at least. I wanna see charts! LOL

2. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Hey ladies sorry I've been MIA. I just finished a nice time at the lake over the long weekend. So I had my first follicle tracking scan done on friday (4 days ago now) and my right follicle was 13.4mm and my left had a 7.6mm and my endo lining was 6.7. I then left to the lake and couldnt have any other follicle scans until today due to the long weekend holiday here. So i went today and my right ovary had a 22.2mm follicle and my endo was 10.7!!! CM is very white and watery today. It was really neat seeing my ultrasound because I seen the egg within the follicle which he said was about to rupture, I never seen that in my last ultrasund when they triggered me at 16mm...seeing my egg now the last one was DEFINITELY too soon. They said I didn't even need to trigger as I was already in the process of ovulation. So I guess i have one question, cause they seen it in the scan does it 100% gaurentee i'm going to ovulate? I wasn't sure cause yeah I was thinking i'd get another trigger shot this round but I guess I didn't need it? Well here is to hoping this is my sticky little bean <3

3. BunnyGirl19

Unless for some reason your hormones get disrupted it will happen at this point. Odds are over 90%. If you can see all that it means the egg is just under the surface so it will come out. That's how my RE could estimate how many I'd ovulate when I did Clomid since the plan was to mildly hyperstimulate me to have multiple eggs to boost the odds of having a good one.

4. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Ohh really? Well I pray that it will come out..i've been crampy on that side off and on so thats good. I'm just trusting what they say, its a pretty large follicle just to not ovulate! lol. I'm very thrilled at the fact that i saved 100 dollars on the trigger cause i didn't need it though..heres to hoping it works, if not i'll use the money i saved from the trigger for my next round of pills.

5. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Are they doing anything to confirm if you did O michelle, like prog test or ultrasound? Excited for you!!!

6. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Well according to the ultrasound tech I was basically ovulating when he was doing the scan, he said within minutes or hours the egg would pop out. You could see the fluid and egg stuff inside the follicle which was the indication from what he said. I go for a progesterone test on CD 24 to confirm O..I'm sure I had to have..I had bad right side pain on CD 17 and even worse on CD 18. It's pretty well gone now. We BD'd CD 15,17,18,19 and today is CD 20. Don't think Im going to do that today. My grandpa passed away on CD 18 for me and it's been really hard to keep the mood going to get the deed done. So I'm praying that this miracle happens in honour of his passing, that'd be amazing.

7. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Well ladies another quick update, i DEFINITELY ovulated =) My progesterone level was 38.3! Can't believe how high it was, I hope that means good things to come. I have been having really sharp quick cramps the past day or so, but other then that no symptoms like I had last time..no sore BB's, no constant crampings, not as terrible of mood swings etc. Just those weird cramps/low back discomfort and yesterday I had CM that looked like a booger,litterly. Sorry for TMI but thats new to me too lol. Guess we will see!

8. BunnyGirl19

Yay for a functioning body. Sending baby dust your way!!!

9. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Hello!
    I have posted here briefly before but I had reached a point that I thought maybe I needed to stop trying so hard to get pregnant and maybe it would happen....so far it has not! I have often read the other posts to see how others are coping and what options are out there.

Michelle, I am hoping that you get some really good news soon! You'll be testing pretty soon won't you?

I was diagnosed in October of 07 with PCOS. I started the Metformin and actually got pregnant in February of 08 without the use of any other meds. Unfortunately the implantation happened on my cervix and we had to terminate the pregnancy with Methotrexate. We started trying again in May 08 and did a couple months of Clomid with no success. In December 09 I had the HSG done which showed that both of my tubes were blocked. January 10 I had a balloon tuboplasty done to try to open the tubes...they were able to open the right. We tried on our own for another year and finally in October 10 I quit using Metformin becuase I was frustrated and I guess I basically wanted to take a break for awhile to sort out whether we wanted to keep trying or work on adoption. While I have not ruled out adoption, I would love to have my husbands baby. I had my regular GYN appt. in January 11 and asked my doctor about having another HSG done and he said that it was pointless because IVF was my only option. I called the doctor that did the balloon tuboplasty and they performed another HSG....I have an open tube!!!! So I am back on Metformin and my husband is on meds to help with his low testosterone. We will also be starting the injections Follistim and Ovidrel this month.
    Today is CD 3 so I did bloodwork to check estrogen levels and had an ultrasound to check my ovaries. He saw 8 follicles on one side and 12 on the other. He said that they were tiny and that things looked good to start the meds depending upon the bloodwork results. I should receive a call this afternoon and then I'll start with Letrozole for CD 3 - 7. CD 5 is when I will start Follistim. Come on BFP, I'm ready!!

10. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Michelle, wow, that's high! Even during early pregnancy, mine was 15 or so!

Jodi and Michelle, sending baby dust...

11. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Awee congrats on your upcoming cycle Jodi! Plenty of baby dust going out to you..BIIIG TIME!! =)

Confused - yeah my last cycle was 23.something lol. This cycle is much higher it was weird, maybe because I released a much larger follicle this time.

As for me i'm either 12 or 13 dpo roughly..I tested yesterday and this am with dollar tests and seen a shadow appear within a few minutes, I cant catch it on camera but when i invert you can definitely see them! I took a frer just a few minutes ago and its a BFN. I totally swear i thought is een another shadow but it too has dissappeared. I've been having this god awful pains in my ovarian area as well as uterus..its like something I've never experience before. Its like a tightning, pressure pully..grossness. It makes me feel awful and the pain sometimes goes down into my bum. BB's hurt really bad yesterday but not so bad today so who knows. I'm stumped ladies!

12. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Michelle - are you going to take another FRER tomorrow morning? Aren't the tests supposed to be more reliable in the morning? I'm really hoping that tonight's test was wrong.

Took my first Follistim shot tonight. It really wasn't that bad. I watched a couple of YouTube videos to see some other people give themselves the shot. I think the worst part was after the needle came out because the meds kind of stung for about 5 minutes. Only 5 more shots to go and then I'll have another ultrasound to check out my ovaries to see what is going on in there. Well that is if I can ever get the pharmacy to send me the rest of the prescription. I'm most stressed out about that. I talked to the third pharmacy tonight on the phone. Luckily the doctor's office gave me some samples that will last three days. I just don't understand since the doctors office orders these prescriptions everyday...why am I having such a difficult time getting them?

13. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Yeahh i'd say so hey! Thats definitely strange forsure. 5 more days and you'll see if your well on your way to ovulation and hopefully mommyhood [​IMG] That'd be amazing!

I'm praying that i'm not out this cycle, im not entirely sure if I o'd on cycle day 17 or 18. I do not have anymore pregnancy tests at all so therefore do not know what to do. I will not have money for another 2 days so I may have to wait till then, or to just wait until AF shows or doesnt show. I may be taking a break after this cycle also if its a bust, I'm very emotional lately and have a lot on my plate so a break may be in order, but I may also just do one more and stop for a bit depends on my mood I guess

14. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Finally had a pharmacy call me back to arrange shipment of the rest of my meds. I am in a bit of sticker shock in finding out just how expensive the Follistim is...$1300! (Not to mention the $500 that I shell out each time I go in for an ultrasound) I knew that it was going to be expensive but now I am beginning to wonder if we shouldn't have just gone straight for IVF! It just sounds so intimidating though and I wanted to exhaust all other avenues before doing IVF.

Still having positive thoughts for you Michelle.

15. *mel*

Good luck Michelle [​IMG]

Jodi I did IVF and felt very intimidated by the thought of it, it seemed like a VERY big deal! While i was going through it though I just took it one step at a time, it's all you can do really, I tried not to over think things! My biggest fear was injecting myself and by the sounds of it you are already doing that [​IMG] Good luck, hopefully you wont have to go that route!!!

16. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Well another bust ladies! I definitely thought I had a good shot this cycle because i really had like no signs of AF coming at all! But now that shes here shes fighting with a vengence. My plan for this cycle is to ride it out. I wont be taking clomid this month but I will HOPEFULLY start temping lol. I been trying to but I really suck at being persistant. I'm going to start taking ovulation tests around CD 12 and keep taking them up until CD 18 roughly, maybe i'll ovulate on my own t his month after having the clomid in my system for a that few months. If not I"ll start provera in september and continue on again, I just need to get my emotions and attitude in check, i've been rather miserable lately.

Jodi I wouldnt know exactly what your going through because I havent made it that far into the meds yet. But I can only imagine, Good luck this cycle and I hope you see some positive results coming your way!!

17. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Michelle - so sorry to hear that it was a bust. I was so hoping that it was going to be a BFP for you. I completely understand needing to get emotions and attitude in check.

Today will be day six of the Follistim shots. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see what the little follicles look like and find out what the next step is.

Mel - If this month is a bust for me as well (although I have high hopes that I'll get a BFP) I will keep your words of wisdom in mind when deciding to do IVF.

18. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Just got the results from this morning's ultrasound and I have 4-6 follicles on each side that are of good size. I will take the Ovidrel sometime today and then my DH and I will BD for the next three days. My plan will be to take a test on 9/6/11 unless AF shows earlier.
    I am praying so hard that this is the month for us.

19. *mel*

Awwww so sorry Michelle [​IMG] I think a months break from the clomid is a good idea, hope you manage to O on your own this month.

Good luck Jodi, fingers are crossed for you!

20. BunnyGirl19

Good luck Jodi!

I finally managed to O this cycle at CD26, so getting closer to normal. I'm starting progesterone and baseline labs again on CD3 and 7DPO. I didn't think I'd have to deal with this before we started trying again but it looks like I do.