Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 5**

Discussion in 'Overcoming Infertility' started by *mel*, May 25, 2010.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Good luck for tomorrow's temp, Bethie!

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Awe Beth, I'm hoping wishing and praying for you. Come on temps!!

I don't know when I will find out the results. She said it could take a week to two weeks for the results to get to our family doctor. So I'm hoping those numbers are okay, his motility and morphology where terrible before because he had a left verriocelle (sp?) He had corrective surgery so let's see if it helped (he had the surgery last february). I'm glad we don't have to pay for any testings in SK cause we go through soo many. Only thing we have to pay for is meds now. [​IMG] pheww.

3. gutterflower

gutterflower Active Member

Beth, thinking of you hun! (((Beth))) I hope hope hope that temp increases again!!

4. BethG

BethG New Member

Awww, thanks gutter, but I'm already moving on. My temp has been dropping for 3 days now. I pretty much knew after the 1st drop that it was over.

I should have done it earlier, but I finally called the dr office today and told them the proceedure failed. I was not able to get approval to double the dose of Femara so I'm on the low dose again. Unknown to them, I was taking a double-dose this IUI cycle, so yeah, i feel this is a step backawards, but it's out of my control....as usual.

5. snows

snows New Member

I'm sorry to hear that, Beth. [​IMG]

6. gutterflower

Awww (((Beth))) I'm so sorry babe [​IMG] I know this won't make you feel better but if and when AF shows up in the next couple days, sounds like we are AF buddies since mine will be starting in the next day or so...I am so sorry Beth, you really didn't need this...

7. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Awee (((((Beth))))) I'm so sorry =(. You really didn't deserve that at all..its always a bummer. So how come they won't write you up 5mg?

As for me I got a few of hubbies numbers back (my bff works in my doctors office) His count was 185.4 million, Motility is at 42.7 and immobility is 68. I dont know how much sperm there was or anything we will be going in on his days off to find out. But his motility got much better!! It used to only be 13%

8. Confused-Hasya

I was so hoping that this cycle would be it for you, Beth! I am angry that it isn't. The world is just wrong.

9. Confused-Hasya

Michelle, I don't know much about the numbers, but the sperm count looks good, doesn't it?

10. BethG

BethG New Member

AF finally showed today. I've been spotting/leaking old blood for a couple of days. Not sure why I've had this for 2 cycles now.

I got a confirm email from the pharmacy on my meds to there's a good chance I'll get it on Monday. Michelle, they won't up the dose because they say my 7DPO test results on 2.5mg was good enough and that a higher dose does not mean it'll work better. Not sure if I agree with that, but I haven't been able to change their minds yet.

Michelle, hubby's SA sounds very good! I remember my hubby had a high count too but I don't think it was that high. Good job on the motility!

11. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

confused- i'm not sure if they're good but they certainly sound way better then the last one he had lol..prior to surgery.

Beth- Still really sorry about that last cycle! Just keep on keeping on, I pray you get your bfp real soon! That sucks they won't give you a higher dose but maybe just trust them when they say that. I'm not sure if you've ever answered this before but has IVF ever been a possibility for you?

I really do hope hubbys SA sounds good, to me it does I just don't know the details or the morphology yet sadly. I'll have to book an appointment to get him to find out! We're only a week and four days away of beginning noww. i'm getting nervous

12. BethG

BethG New Member

My husband was more optimistic than I about our situation -- "Well, we'll just have to try again," he said.....as he made smiley faces at the baby boy in the booth behind me at TGI Friday's tonight.

13. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Bethy ((((hugs)))) For what it's worth, I don't know anyone who got pregnant on their first round of IUI. I don't know if that will make you feel better or not but I think it normally takes a few times for most couples. It's crappy though and I'm sorry hun x

14. Confused-Hasya

Bethie, I don't know what to say! A big warm hug to you! I hope it happens for you soon.

15. gutterflower

Awww hun, I hope you get that baby very soon!! (((hugs)))
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

16. why

why New Member

Hi ladies {HUGS} to Michelle and Beth. I wanted to message you on FB since I have not been on here but decided not to not sure how you feel about that.

Beth, I like your husbands attitude thought to try again.

Michelle (take your meds) take your meds!!! :)

AFM nothing going on, BD during O (well not a confirmed O with OPK) but CD 13-15/16. Then I had minor surgery so have been on pain meds since then. I am on CD 30 today which is uncommon except for last month I went to CD32. They tested me before surgery but at that time I would not have even implanted yet.
    So yeah I give it a couple days, I hate to continue to take pain meds but the odds of BFP are so low I go ahead and take to relieve the pain.

changed my name but forgot it lol! Will figure it out :)

17. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Heyya ladies!

Beth- It's great your husband is being so great about it, he definitely has the right attitude though..when do you start your next round? will it be with iui also?

why- Of course you can inbox me on fb! No one in my family knows about this TTC (yet) so private message would be great lol. Well never say never anything is possible some people get that BFP when they least expect it..hope the recovery goes smoothly too [​IMG]

ps....
    i took my meds today...i missed one day in two weeks. i'm proud [​IMG] i find taking two before bedtime is easiest, i'll work in the extra pill somewere soon

18. BethG

BethG New Member

I started the Femara on Monday (only 2.5mg though this time though). I have 3 sessions of acu scheduled for this week and next week. I'm thinking IUI on Thursday of next week, which will be on CD13. Not feeling overly optimistic about it anymore but we'll give it another shot. Feeling aprehensive about the amount of pain I had during the last IUI too. Not bad if it leads to a BFP but it totally SUCKS otherwise.

19. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Awe Beth, try to keep your spirits up. As hard as that may be! You're not giving up, and that alone is an amazing thing too. Keep at it I have faith in you!

I'm only a week away from my journey!Im soo thrilled and my hubby is getting very nervous! I had a question for all of you ladies. I have an anxiety dissorder big time says my doctor and counsellor and have developed certain phobias cause of it. Has anyone ever been on anti depressants while TTC? I have pristiq sitting here but in all honesty I haven't been taking it. I'm scared it will interfere with my chances, cause issues or birth defects when I'm pregnant. I was debating on TTC for a while and if its a bust or I end up pregnant I will treat myself afterwards? I am managing myself its just I sometimes have hard days, and sometimes good ones.

20. Confused-Hasya

Michelle, I haven't, but I remember someone mentioning it in the April/May due date club this year. Could be J/F/M? She wanted to resume her antidepressants while still pregnant. She may have been on them while ttc. Worth asking in perhaps the Parenting Infants section if someone remembers who it was... Do let me know if you aren't comfortable visiting the Infants section. I'll ask for you.