Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 4**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by leeaman7777, Feb 6, 2010.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

If it weren't SO's day off I might have, but also based on my numbers and how fast they were doubling I don't actually expect anything until Tuesday.

2. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Yay BG! So you'll do a blood draw tomorrow? Let us know!

3. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

I posted on anoth thread to see if anyone had any advice or thoughts on what I should ask my doctor when I get the results of my pathology. Has anyone been through this testing? I want to be prepared when I get to the doctors and am not sure what to ask. Thanks girls!

4. BunnyGirl19

What type of testing exactly?

5. BethG

BethG New Member

Love, are you looking to see if there's a reason for the m/c's?

BG, are you getting another blood draw on Mon or Tues? I can believe you're only 11DPO and have gotten a BFP already!

6. BunnyGirl19

I'm having one drawn tomorrow with the goal beta of over 20.

7. Walle

Walle New Member

Good Morning. I hope any of you can help me. I have doubts about entering my 1st day of AF. On friday 21 I only had spotting all day and about 6pm I had a LOT of brown spotting, but no red flow. I had red flow the next day (Saturday), then on Sunday I had a little bit o red again, It´s very strange becasuse I always have 2 day of high menses and then medium or light, this cycle I only had one day of high/medium flow. Today I just have red spotting. I´m using babycomp and I dont know if enter day 1 on Friday or Saturday also in FF. Pls help me.

8. BunnyGirl19

That is strange! I'd go with Saturday though, since that's when you had actual flow.

My beta only came back at 12 today, so unless something changes I'm having another implantation failure. I was told that odds of that happening on the first cycle of Clomid are pretty high so I'm kind of prepared for it, but still frustrated. I get another beta on Wednesday, AF due Thursday.

I guess the good news is that I had better eggs so Clomid is at least improving things.

9. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Karyotyping, the doctor took tissue from my d&c. I'm going to look it up. But i'm pretty sure most people just call it genetics testing.

Walle, I've always been told its the first day of full flow. My cycles were so messed up after my ep that as soon as I spotted I counted that as day 1. So I guess it just depends on what your cycles are normally like.

10. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Ok I just read up on Karotyping. It can be done on the parents or the tissue. It looks for chromosomal abnormalities. It takes about 6 wks to get results. It basically tells if something was wrong with the baby. It also identifies some people with genetic disorders.

So DH and I did not have the karotyping done on us. It was only done on the pregnancy tissue. My appt. is tomorrow so I hope to learn something.

I also asked for the blood panel for recurrent mc so that should be in tomorrow too. I hope.
    Thanks ladies for all of your support.

11. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Ohh, BG! ((((((((((BG)))))))))) Be strong, you will get there. Baby dust to you!

12. BunnyGirl19

I had karyotyping on tissue, me, and SO in the past. Ours all came back normal. This was before we found the membrane of scar tissue that's the actual cause of my problems. I'm not sure what specific things to recommend you ask because they basically test for a bunch of genetic markers and if they find anything they break down the odds of what the chances of it happening again are. That's easier to do with both partners are tissue as opposed to just the tissue though.

A friend of mine just went through this testing. She had at least one miscarriage that she's sure of, then got pregnant again 7 months later. They thought things were okay, but her beta levels were at the very low end of the normal range the whole time. At 8 weeks they thought her placenta looked a little thin and flattened but weren't sure. At 12 weeks they found the same thing with her placenta and the baby had no nasal bones so they thought her baby had Down syndrome. She had CVS testing and it confirmed that her last test of 1:12 odds was positive as well as a few other things wrong with the baby which would have resulted in either stillbirth or death within a few weeks after birth because of other issues. She opted for a termination because the baby was suffering and would suffer. She had the tissue tested as well as she and her husband. All the testing came back normal and what happened with that baby was a freak thing and not likely to happen again at all the odds are so low.

Oddly enough, I feel really calm about my current situation, not even upset at this point. I don't know if I'm still clinging to that tiny bit of hope or I've already accepted the likely outcome. I think it's just easier to handle because I was already aware that a chemical pregnancy is very common on first cycles of Clomid. I'm getting another beta drawn on Wednesday (14DPO) to see if they're rising or dropping or what's going on. My progesterone levels today at 12DPO were 68 so they went up even more, which is at least good news for the next cycle if it comes down to it. My ovaries also showed evidence of a good number of eggs in the "ready" state now so they are expected to be good eggs now in upcoming cycles.

13. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Wow thank you BG! I appreciate the info. Hopefully I;ll figure something out tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted.

14. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

BG,, wasn't your last beta 3? And if so, based on doubling times, wouldn't 12 be a good beta?? Kinda confused there. 20 would be nice, but isn't yours doubling ok??

15. BunnyGirl19

7DPO 3, 9DPO 7, 12DPO 12. They wanted over 20. So it's a very sliw rise right now, which is probably not good for positive outcomes. I'm not having any symptoms of impending AF or anything and my temp is still nice. I just have to wait and see what happens now.

16. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck BG, I really hope things work out but I also think your attitude is amazing right now!!!!

Love I hope your appointment goes well today and you get some sort of answer as to whats going on.

Great news on your CH's being moved Bethy, timing was good [​IMG]

17. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Oh, I apologize BG, I did not see that post where you told us your 9dpo beta.

18. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

Good Luck to both Bunny girl and Love today!!!! [​IMG]

19. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Time for a new thread ladies. Will leave this here for a few hours so everyone can catch up.