Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 4**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by leeaman7777, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Walle

Walle New Member

HI nessa It´s OK to think about W.A.L.L.E. we got our babycomp, and my husband and I dind´t want to call it "computer" so we named it WALLE (like disney´s cute robot). LOL! that is the reason of my nickname.
    Yes I had HSG.. my 1st Dr told me I had one tube blocked but the other Dr told me it wasn´t blocked but they were in a bad position. Thanks nessa / Bg for your comments and the news about my progesterone level
    The treatment new Dr told me:
    1st step: ultrsounds to detect ovulation day and having sex on those days (Dr will tell me wich days) only for 3 months.
    2nd step He´ll try insemination for other 3 months and if doesn´t work laparoscopy. But he also said we can skip all those tratments and go the lap next month. I think I´m going to take the first step, but it´s been very confused for me because at this point I don´t know if I have or I don´t have endo :S

2. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Hi Walle-
    Wow your steps sound like you were describing me! Let me tell you briefly what I've done.
    EP Oct./2008, HSG 05/09 (blocked tube discovered) 06/09 began seeing an RE. He wanted me to do timed intercourse with ultrasound monitoring. So we ttc on months when I o'd from my clear side. We did that for 3 cycles. Then moved to IUI combined with ultrasound monitoring trigger shot and clomid. That was for 3 cycles. (I did conceive with my 1st iui but had a mc). Then the second iui didn't work. Then I moved to lap to remove my blockage. The first month after surgery I did clomid, iui, and a trigger shot and conceived twins. (That ended in mc at 9wks.) From the start the doc offered lap. But I wasnt sure what I wanted to do and kept putting it off. I wanted to try before jumping into surgery. So that was the course I chose.

3. BethG

BethG New Member

I think FF might have gotten my O-day wrong. I think it might move to CD14,which is what I was expecting. We'll see in a couple of days, I guess.

4. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Hope it was CD 14 Bethy, that would be great [​IMG]

Walle I don't really know hun, I guess if I were in your shoes I would probably opt for the lap for 2 reasons. 1) It would give you an answer to if the tube is blocked or not which would be better to know if you are having IUI and 2) Endo, even mild endo can cause implantation to fail so if you do have it you could be wasting the upcoming months. I didn't want the lap but had to have it done when they suspected I had a blocked tube, they will not do IUI here if thats the case and that was supposed to be my next step. Turned out the lap was VERY important in diagnosing me, I have a uterine abnormality so it's important they knew about it before I got pregnant. Good luck in whatever you decide [​IMG]

Good luck to Why and BG!!!!

5. Walle

Walle New Member

That is what I´m afraid of, if I can´t avoid lap I think is better do it right away instead of waiting more months and waisting time. I´ll talk to my husband againd and my family and decide I´ll keep you posted. Thanks for your comments they are always very helpful.
    Another question have any of you taken FERTILITY BLEND PILLS? My Dr recommended them and I was thinking about buying some. Thanks!

6. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

My 7DPO progesterone came back at 32 and beta was 3.

7. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

OMG am i mistaken or is your 7dpo progesterone REALLY high?? thats good though right??

(sorry i ALWAYS lurk here, just waiting for the much anticipated BFPs [​IMG] )

8. BunnyGirl19

Yeah, it's high, but I took Clomid this cycle and had four mature follicles. Not sure how many actually released though.

9. BethG

BethG New Member

It's still a good number though BunnyGirl! 15+ while on clomid, but of course, you already knew that.

10. BunnyGirl19

LOL! I'm going to try to wait to test until Saturday morning. The only part that sucks is tomorrow I have to get up super early for a meeting so my temperature will likely be a lot lower than normal or maybe even higher. In any case, it won't be particularly accurate because of the big change in time. Grrrrr!!!!

11. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

So, BG is a beta of 3 at 7DPO a good sign?? I mean, its still negative, but couldn't that be a beta from a freshly implanted egg?? Keeping my fingers crossed!

12. BunnyGirl19

It could be, or it could just be a normal low level of circulating hCG in my system. Only time will tell! On my lab results my doctor wrote next to my beta level "Hmmmm.......=)" with the happy face and everything. LOL

13. why

why New Member

Ok so my: PROGESTERONE RAPID: > 40.0 this was 11 days past IUI was this not too high????? (Clomid cycle)

So I am having some AF cramping today still going to keep up with my progest. until 14DPO (thanks ladies) but IDK I don't "feel it" ya know?

14. BunnyGirl19

Your progesterone is at a good level, not too high.

15. BunnyGirl19

Well, I cheated and tested before my goal again. LOL! Got the standard BFN at 9DPO. Maybe now I'll be able to behave myself until Monday! [​IMG]

This Clomid round was primarily to see how I responded to it, which wasn't as good as hoped. I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work this time.

16. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

BG, I doubt you will last until Monday. If you caved in and tested at 9DPO, I dont think you'll last until Monday.

17. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

LMAO BG!!! We all knew you couldn't wait it out! lol! Just out of interest, how come you don't think you responded as well as expected to the clomid? I thought you responded well?

Why I didn't "feel it" before I got my BFP. In fact I was pretty certain AF was going to show. I guess it just goes to show that you honestly really never know!!! I always thought I would just know, that *something* would be different, would give me a clue, but my 2WW ending in a BFP was pretty much the same as every other 2WW I have had since starting TTC. Pregnancy symptoms didn't start for me untill I was nearly 6 weeks, and even then they were very mild to start with!

18. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Your progesterone of 32,, and the fact that you ovulated in a good amount of time after your last dose of Clomid, seems like a good outcome from Clomid BG. Dunno, Im not extremely knowledgeable about this sort of thing.

19. why

why New Member

LOL! BG I guess it helps me not to buy the tests and I will not test :) When I was getting the free ones then I would usually test at CD28 if I did not see any signs of AF.

Still crampy today bbs hurting so I feel like AF is coming. I so want to stop the progest. I just feel like it is all built up in me or something YUCK!!!

I did find out though that my work's HSP (health savings plan) can be used for IVF and other fertility tx (IUI, meds) so this is took out with each check and is pre-tax. So I think my max allowed per year is like 3,200 so I am going to get that once open enrollment comes in Oct. I figue pre-tax $$ would be all good. I think it is like 130 out of each check over the year so that will not be missed and I will not have to hunk that all out at once and/or will be reimbursed when I need the $$. So if anyone else has this with their job you may want to look into it. We have no infertility ins coverage but this will help plus the deal they have with CVS (not sure if it's really a discount.....) but they say it is :)

Well ladies have a good night and weekend!
    BG BE GOOD!!!!

20. BunnyGirl19

My doctor wanted 5 eggs as a goal and I didn't get that many. And with 4 eggs progestetone of 32 isn't that good considering they expect 15 with one egg and no progesterone supplements. My doctor said it wasn't bad for the first try and the fact that I responded should make things work better the next time. I still did good this cycle, just not ideal. I guess when you've tried for so long with no success you just lose your high level of optimism about a good outcome. At least my body is working better with all the meds so that makes me happy.