Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 3**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Penguin-Goon, Nov 17, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

((HUGS)) Mel. I know how you feel. DHs cousin just had a baby 2 weeks ago. Shes 19 unmarried, living off of welfare (my money!), was a diabetic during pregnancy and didnt take care of herself and her baby was born 10 pounds. Its completely unfair to those who struggle to have one child (hers was unplanned, as Im sure you have figured out). I would have been livid if she wound up pregnanct before me!

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. Jodi528

Jodi528 New Member

Beth - Sorry to hear that AF has found you. I completely understand about getting your hopes up every month. Even though I found out in December that my tubes were closed, I still thought "maybe" a miracle could happen!

Mel - Good luck with the down regulating meds. It's very exciting that you are getting closer to being able to do the egg extraction and then the transfer soon after that!!!

BG and Kalina - Sounds like you two have both got in some well timed BDing! Lets hope we get to see another BFP on this thread soon!

By the way has anyone seen an updaate from BJ? I'm curious to know if her numbers have gotten any better.

As for me, I think that I had some well timed BDing around ovulation...and I ovulated on DH's birthday. Let's hope that means something!!!!

3. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I think I O'd last night to this morning based on my follicle scan and cramping. If not, then I don't know what's going on. My cervix and CM were changed some this morning but my temp is not really up, although I took it an hour early. I'll have to wait and see what happens with my CM and cervix as the day progresses and hope for a nicer rise tomorrow. I discarded my fluke temps for ease of pattern spotting, but it did nothing for me. I'll be putting them back later.

4. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Hi all...I'm here

Numbers still suck!

5. why

why New Member

Wow I have been MIA for a bit of time and did not completely catch up but I must not do this anymore. I started a post to send congrats but now I am misty eyed for you BJ. {HUGS} and I am sorry I was not here with the rest of the ladies to give you support. Don't give up your body is trying ya know? {HUGS}

Beth see AF came for you.....not fun I know feels like a broken record for us every month it's frustrating and tiring.

BG happy (late) bday. looks like you got it on right on time……good luck!

Mel excited to start reading your IVF story…..I know I always get ahead of myself but geez I don’t know how you do it so patiently waiting lol!

Michelle how are you hun? Jodi? Perhaps BD on his BD is a good thing now we wait…..Love how are you hun???

AFM nothing going on although this last AF was crazy…..so on CD 25 I was having horrible cramping like a pinching hurt I tested and got a BFN. Then on CD 29(well CD 1 cause AF started) I was I the most pain probably since my AF after the lap. SO painful, I took darvocet and it did nothing to help, I took lortab and it helped some and I applied one of those heated back pads to my tummy. I had so many clots (sorry TMI) and I really did not use a tampon….clots are not too abnormal for me but usually only have when I use the tampon. So that night I put a tampon and the next morning (CD2) it hardly had anything on it just like I spotted a little. That day I spotted and CD3 I spotted….odd I did not get a positive preg test so I don’t think I mc’d but very very unusual for me…I am going to my PCP tomorrow for a annual visit and goingto mention to her and see what she says….
    So this month I am going to use my OPK’s and use progesterone. Meeting tomorrow with a friend who is going to do IVF with the same facility I will probably use.
    Well ladies I will not be gone so long next time lol! Snow kept me in a couple days and AF kept me on the couch…..

6. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

I only have a minute and plan to catch up on posts tomorrow. But, I wanted to let you know about the doctor's today.
    The doctor said the my tube was pretty bad but he was able to clear a blockage from inside the tube. My tube was stuck to my bowel so that was fixed too.

I asked if I needed to worry about the tube closing back up. He said that if it was going to close back up it would have happened already as it happens quickly.

Said he would still prefer for me to ttc when I have right side development. Wants to do iui again with clomid and a trigger shot. I was surprised that we would do iui again. I thought I would be ttc naturally.

He said that my chances of conceiving with iui would be 10-12% and that naturally would be 5-6%. So basically my odds have not increased since the surgery? Does that seem right?
    I will only be doing 1 insemination this time. I start clomid 50mg tomorrow and have my scan next Friday the 12th.

I feel like I really need to pray about this. I don't know if I should cough up the money and do two inseminations, skip inseminating and ttc naturally, I just dont know.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

7. Kalina

Kalina New Member

Oh, Love... I'm sorry you're having such a bad time of it ((hugs)). Unfortunately, I think you're in one of those situations where there really isn't a best answer for anyone to give but you. What do you feel is right? I know it's tough, but I'll pray that you are at peace when you make the right decision for you. Not what you want to hear, I know, but I think you are the only one who can come to the right decision.

BJ, I'm also sorry to here your numbers didn't improve. Please keep us updated.

Jodi, and BG, good luck! hopefully we'll all have good news this month!

Mel, I'm sorry about your SIL. At least you know you can come here to vent!

AFM, this 2ww is for the birds! I'm so impatient! I'm trying to tell myself that no matter what happens, this month was a success since I started charting and found out I really do ovulate! Right, that's good. Just remind me I said that if AF comes and I start crying, ok?

8. BunnyGirl19

Well, my cervix and CM have started changing over this evening, so I'm hoping to see a decent temperature rise in the morning. If not, I'm going to scream! LOL

9. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Awwww Why, it's always good to hear from you hun! Do you know when / if you will be doing IVF?

Love I honestly don't know what I would do in your shoes hun. As has been said before, IUI did work for you so there is no reason it can't again? Must be a tough choice though, especially as the money mounts up.

Bunnygirl I am waiting to see your temp today [​IMG]

10. BunnyGirl19

My temp is definitely up today! Yay! Now I'm hoping for a nice Valentine's surprise. [​IMG]

11. why

why New Member

Love I don't know about doing the IUI twice but I would try once....I know the chances look really low (same thing DH and I said when we did it) but it doubled vs tcc naturally. I was told not to do IUI twice just to do once then BD the next day.....(yet I was unsucessful) So, I am sorry Love but when you had your lap what did they do? just clear your tube? or remove a tube as well? I know that I was told my sucess rate for TTC with only one tube would not decrease....and you will find many woman who do TTC with only one (I am a product of such situation).

Try try try not to think about the 2ww Kalina lol! I know it is so hard but refuse to look at fertility friend or close your eyes when you are on here so you will not know what CD you are on. This has worked for me and before you know it I am either late or like on CD27....relax

BG I am hoping for a wonderful VDay surprise for you too!!!! Exciting!

Well I went to my PCP today and we discussed what all I went through during the last year. She still thinks "it will happen if you dont worry about it" but IDK I am not so full of hope.
    I met with my friend who is going to do IVF and she was great help. We looked at things presented in the IVF class, meds, costs, just very helpful. She thinks we will be preg. at the same time as she is going to do her IVF in July(ish). Hope so but I am excited for her. It is nice to have someone so close going throught the emotions that I go through.

Well ladies I will log off have a good evening!

12. *mel*

Why I am pleased you have someone you can talk to about all of this, it must be a real help! Doesn't it get on your nerves when you are told it will probably happen when you stop worrying about it? It drives me insane!!!! lol! Doesn't it seem crazy that it was this time last year we were waiting for our lap surgery together? Just goes to show how time really does fly!

Bunnygirl YAY for high temps!!!! Hope this 2WW goes fast for you and you get a lovely valentines BFP, wouldn't that be amazing????

((((Jen)))) how are you doing hun? I know you said the numbers were still low, any updates?

I am feeling a little emotional today, don't know if it's the meds or the thought of IVF, maybe a combination of the two. Who knows. The good news is that I did get crosshairs this morning so just hope my LP doesn't do what it did last time.

13. BJ99

BJ99 New Member

Hi Mel, Why, Beth, Andrea and all the others.

My num at 17dpo was 32, at 19dpo was 45, at 23dpo (this past Monday) 81...

I'm done with blood tests for now...I'm going to muster enough courage either tomorrow or Friday to talk to the nurse/mid-wife if not the doctor himself and see what he wants to do...then over the weekend DH and I will make a decision to either continue on till my nums get to 2000-2500 so that maybe it 'could' be seen....or just cut our losses and get the metho.

Our fear is that if we wait till the nums get high enough that with each passing day I'm risking a rupture more and more if it is in my tube but it's a catch 22 as we have no way of knowing for sure...

Just to put the nums in perspective. Antoher girl on the EP thread just got a bfp and had her first round of numbers drawn...it was like 453 and she wasn't even a full 5wks yet...so yeah....anyway

Sorry for the as for me post just trying to wrap my head around all this...and for the most part it just really fucking pisses me off!

14. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Jen- Would waiting for numbers to reach 2000-2500 only be to find out if it is in the tube? Would the doctors run tests?

I wish we could wave a pregnancy wand and we'd all stop going through this @$#%^@.

I agree with Mel, I hate hearing about relaxing and letting it happen!

Yeah BG for the temp rise! Kalina the 2ww sucks. Hang in there!

Why, during my surgery the doc cleared the tube and losened it from my bowel.
    This whole day has sucked. I feel very emotional right now. The worst part is my best friend (very pregnant) isn't giving me the support I need. I don't know if its me subconciously being upset that she's preg. OR if she's just sick of hearing about it or what. Maybe i'm being too sensitive. Some times I feel like I bother you guys too! Maybe I need to be in a mental institute.

15. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Love, Im so sorry about your sucky day. It does seem that some days are better than others. Your friend does need to be more supportive. Its hard to see others that are pregnant, when you are trying so hard yourself to TTC. I used to wish that all the pregnant people would just dissapear when I was recovering from the EP, but it seemed during a time of such hurt, was when there were the most pregnant women around!!!

BG, Im keeping my fingers crossed for your Valentine's BFP. I got my BFP 1 year ago Feb 15, plus my wedding anniversary is February 24, so it was so bittersweet!!

Jen, I know you are going through a tough time. I can't wrap my head around it either, as I know your chances of EP are a bit higher if you've had a previous EP...just wouldn't think it would happen to you again.

16. BunnyGirl19

I have some pretty intense cramps and I can't say that I'm enjoying them! I started having them Monday afternoon and they haven't gone away since other than for some brief periods of time, but they seem to have picked back up again. They're a cross between AF and a scratching sort of feeling down low in my abdomen. Obviously I must have had a pretty intense O for this to be continuing. Hopefully this aching is a good sign, otherwise I'm suffering for no reason! LOL

17. BunnyGirl19

FF moved my O day to CD26 today, which makes me 3DPO now. I still think I'm closer to 4DPO though, not thatvit matters a whole lot in the end.

18. why

why New Member

WOW it is quiet here....../pin dropping/ Hoping everyone is out there BD'ing lol!
    I am trying to get some digital test sticks for my clearblue easy OPK.I can not find just the sticks at the drug store...found some on ebay so we will see if I win em. I hate to use those stupid ones with the lines..

19. *mel*

It really has been quiet in here these past few days. Nothing to report here, on day 6 of D/R meds. Not sure if it's a side effect or just me but I have been feeling extra emotional these past few days, I didn't feel this way last time on the meds though, maybe it's just the winter blues?

20. BunnyGirl19

It has been pretty quiet in here! Nothing overly exciting happening with me as well. No real symptoms for me although I'm really constipated again. One of the "perks" of IBS and the company that makes my supplementbhas been backordered on them since at least October. I ran out in early November. I wish I could poop!!! Waaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!