Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 3**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Penguin-Goon, Nov 17, 2009.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like your timing was good! One and two days before are considered the "best" days for conception and some places I've read it's two days before because estrogen peaks then, which makes your CM the most optimal for sperm to swim through, and then the LH peaks the day before to release the egg. Of course, there's a bit of an overlap and it can be a few hours apart for these things to take place or longer than a day. Everything's kind of subjective, so it's more of an average. From what I've always been told, the 72 hours prior to O are the best days due to sperm having an average lifespan between 48-72 hours and it takes an average of 8-12 hours for sperm capacitation, the process that matures the sperm to be able to penetrate an egg (capacitation takes place inside the woman and is triggered by her fluids). In any case, it looks like you've got things well covered, so hopefully a nice BFP will be showing up in another week or two! [​IMG]

I got a positive OPK today so I'm not too far behind. Yay! I think I'm looking at another CD25 O day.

2. Kalina

Kalina New Member

Woohoo!! I got crosshairs! I was nervous when my temp dropped. Hopefully it won't too much more....

3. BethG

BethG New Member

Kalina, I often get a drop on 3DPO or so. It's called a fallback rise. I bet you see it go higher yet tomorrow or possibly Tuesday. But Yay for crosshairs!

4. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Kalina I often get a drop after O too, normally 2 or 3 DPO so it's nothing to worry about! And I think we have all been there when we first started charting, getting excited to see those crosshairs for the very first time! lol! It really is amazing how exciting a thermometer can be [​IMG]

Started my D/R drugs today, don't feel as nervous as I did the first time round. Yet again I didn't O before the drugs started but at least this time it wont matter!

5. BethG

BethG New Member

Good news mel! I was wondering when you'd start the meds. Sorry you didn't get one more chance at it, but like you said, at least this time the timing doesn't matter. Onward to great things!

6. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Hi Girls
    Kalina your chart looks great! It looks like you have the hang of charting. Hope this is your month!

Mel, I'm so happy for you! What is the next step after the d/r drugs?

BG- goodluck this month! Try not to wear your DH out!

Not much here. I go to the RE Tuesday for my follow up. And I started AF today. So i'm back in the game! I'll find out about possibly going on Clomid. Its weird. Usually when I get af I have HORRIBLE cramps. I have nothing right now and haven't all day. I don't know if its because of the surgery and what ever the doctor removed or if its because I was on BCP this month. Its great!

7. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA lately, hubby has been whiney with this surgery going on, but hes back in BD'ing health!

Beth- Where are you at right now in your plans? I'm sorry i'd read all the way back but this migrane is KILLING me hun...if no response i'll checker out tomorrow. Hope all is well with you!

Mel- So do you know a transfer date yet? Last I remember you were on the meds to down regulate for IVF!

Court, Why, Kalina, BG, Love, Nessa and everyone else how is everything going with you ladies??

I've been thinking of you ladies regularily, but now that hubby is all better I'll have more free time. As for me I finished AF yesterday, and i received a pack full of ovulation strips and pregnancy tests. I'm gonna use the Ovulation strips for this cycle and thats it for now. I'll be back to clomid and all that jazz next cycle..I plan on starting provera around the end of february! Here is to my final hope of a 2010 baby maybe? Cause if I don't conceive in march sometime, i'll have a 2011 baby forsure...sigh. I'm depressed about that idea, but here is to hoping for a 2010 pregnany!!! [​IMG]

8. Kalina

Kalina New Member

Love, glad you're back in the game. I didn't get cramp with BCP, but i do without, so that might be it.

Michelle, glad hubby's feeling better!

Good luck to both of you this month.

9. *mel*

Kalina I see your temp went back up again this morning! YAY!!!!

Love good luck at your follow up with the RE.

Michelle good to see you here, I noticed you hadn't posted in a while! Glad to hear hubby is recovering from his op now and that you have a plan.

With regards to my next step, it's just going to be a wait and see how things progress. They normally expect you to get AF within 2 weeks of starting the down regulting drugs but last time that didn't happen for me. This time they have just told me to ring when I get AF and we will take it from there. As for a transfer date, thats still weeks away yet!!!!

My temp did go up today though so I am thinking I may have o'd yesturday, we shall see what they do in the coming days, and if my LP goes crazy long like it did last time on the meds!

How is everyone else doing? Hope you all had a great weekend.

Bethy, I am going to check your chart, not seen it in a few days but I am thinking you must be towards the end of the 2WW now?

10. BethG

BethG New Member

Mel, yep things are ending. Temps have been slowly but steadily dropping. Spotting yesterday and today. Oh well. *sniff*

11. *mel*

Yeah I saw that Bethy [​IMG] But, don't forget that O was sneaky this month and caught you unprepared so your BD timing wasn't *that* great. Heres to hoping the wonder drug does it's stuff again this month [​IMG]

Oh yeah, remember I told you all about SIL, BF's youngest sister finding out she was pregnant. She went for a scan last week to see how far along she is. She had decided that if she was under 10 weeks she was going to have an abortion, but past that she couldn't bring herself to do it. Well it turns out she is 12 weeks pregnant. To tell you the truth I can't even bring myself to talk to her at the moment. She is so angry and so upset about being pregnant, I can't deal with her at all.

12. BethG

BethG New Member

Boo, to mel's SIL. Was she taking precautions, mel? Maybe I'd forgive her then....otherwise I'll help kick her ass with you.

I'm feeling down today. I gave up hope during that long 71-day cycle and thought maybe I was past all this TTC stuff. Then stupid me got hopeful again this cycle. Bleh.

13. TGreen

TGreen New Member

Hi Ladies! Thanks for such a warm welcome! I have a quick question. I Oed on CD 18 this month but normally I have extremely tender breasts right after O. I'm currently 5 DPO (CD 23) and still no tenderness. Just wondering if I really didn't O!?! ps. I've been experiencing some light cramping since Sat CD21....THANKS!!!!

14. *mel*

Oh Beth, sorry your feeling down hun, it's only natural to get your hopes up, no matter how hard you may try not to.

And with regards to SIL, I don't actually know if she was using precautions or not, I havn't asked and feel she would probably lie to me anyway if it turned out she wasn't. This is the 3rd member of BF's family in 2 years to get pregnant when not trying. *sigh* It really makes me angry though, she really isn't in the right situation to be having another baby, she has had some serious problems over the past few years, and at one point nearly had her 2 children taken away from her. It's so unfair that she is now pregnant again, when she doesn't even want it, and me and BF are trying so hard. I could moan about this all bloody day!

TGreen your chart definately looks like you o'd hun, although every now and then it can be wrong (Bunnygirls chart is proof of that this month!) However I wouldn't worry about it if it's just the lack of tender breasts that is making you question it. Every now and then you will probably find you get an odd cycle where things are different to what they normally are. This happens to us all occasionally.

15. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Mel, Im so sorry about your irrespnsible SIL. I can't understand why people get angry that they are pregnant, when they could have prevented it in the first place. Extremely infuriating. I can;t wrap my head around why anyone would have an abortion....dont get me started on that!! Babies don't ask to be conceived, but once they are, they want to come into the world to parents that love and want them!!!! Anyone here seen Juno???? Remember the girl at the abortion clinic? "Babies want to be born!"

16. BunnyGirl19

I feel the same way. I have a hard time with people getting abortions unless there is a medical reason for it. That makes me pro choice but anti abortion.

I'm hoping today is the day I O or I'll set a new record for latest O. I'm impatiently waiting for SO to get home from work so I can attack him one more time. He's not feeling too well or I'd probably get more in. I'm just trying not to exceed 36 hours between BD'ing to maximize my chances. I'm just starting to get some low-level aching in both my ovaries so that's usually a good sign. SO won't be home for three to four more hours and I'm getting all antsy waiting. LOL!

17. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

You are all so right about babies and conception. They don't ask to be brought into this world. Once brought in, the least that parents can do is to do their best by them. All they ask for (at least in the first several years before they want a beemer or mercedes) is to be loved and protected and fed. How irresponsible of your SIL! Reminds me of "octomom". Bah, I have no patience with these women. I agree with you, BG, pro-choice but anti-abortion. I am a feminist in all respects. Just not this. One's rights end where another's nose begins (or something like that). Other than in extenuating circumstances. Which brings me to smoking. A whole other story and argument, not appropriate for this forum.

18. BunnyGirl19

I have another 1-1/2 hours until SO gets home. Grrrr!!!!! I'm so not starting dinner until after he gets home and we BD. I feel entitled. I cleaned up the place and did a bunch of his laundry today. LOL!

19. BunnyGirl19

Yay! SO did his duties. LOL! I think I've covered my bases pretty well. I think I'll try again for the morning just in case. Then I'm out for a few says because of work week starting again and our different schedules.

20. *mel*

Glad SO did his duties! lol! Sorry, I know you have probably said but when are you expecting to O?

I have such mixed emotions about SIL to tell you the truth. Yes I am angry that she got pregnant again, and in a way I am relieved she is not having an abortion. I know it's not about me, it's about her, but I really don't know how I would have coped with her doing that when she knows what we are going through. When it comes to abortion I am split down the middle really. I know women that have had abortions and I understand why they did that at that time in their lives, what gets me angry is some women seem to use it as a form of birth control!!!!! Surely, abortion should be a last resort? I guess the real reason behind my venting is the fact that a single mother of 2, splits with her boyfriend only to find out a couple of months down the line that she is pregnant with number 3 and to her that is the WORST thing in the world. Then there are women like us who try and try so damn hard, go through all the fertility testing and such because we desperately want a baby, and every single one of us is in a much better position to give that baby the love and support it will need. I just don't get it? Why does it happen this way?????