Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 2**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by leeaman7777, Aug 28, 2009.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 that have free access to thousands of health related discussions.. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. BethG

BethG New Member

Love, I'm happy to hear about your planning session. Like I said, I love a Plan. Gives us hope.

Court, I understand the "overdose!" If I had meds to spare, I'd be doing the same thing, I'm sure of it. Having two mature follies would be fab. Looking forward to your Plan too.

Sounds like we're all having a hard time recently. At least we have each other to lean on, right? [​IMG]

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

I think this is so so true and was one of the reasons why this seperate part of the forum was started, to give a safe haven if you like, where you don't have to be carefull what you say in case you offend anyone. Of course I know that other ladies do pop in here and read it but we should not have to sensor how we are feeling.

Court good luck with the IUI, maybe that teeny tiny bit extra will be just what the follie needs! lol! Hope your 2WW goes nice and fast.

Love I hope your appointment goes well and you come up with a plan that works for you. I think it was Jen that suggested sticking with IUI as it DID work for you. I think that does make alot of sense.

How are things with you Bethy, havn't looked at your chart for a few days. Will go take a peek.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

3. candywannababy

candywannababy New Member

I am so sorry [​IMG] This #$^&% is hard. during my 2 1/2 years of trying I went through the whole gammet of emotions that you ladies are going through right now. I am so sorry and I can honestly say I know how you feel. Usually when someone says that you think "Yeah right" . But trust me I DO! Yes I'm pregnant now but it doesnt make me forget how crappy it felt to go to baby showers and womder if I would ever get tot hat point. Being given a bunch of god-children and wondering if it was because someone was trying to make me feel better for not being able to have my own. Having idiots ask me "So when are you gonna get pregnant?" It just all SUCKED! Almost left my husband at one point because I, we , were just not happy. Go ahead and feel how you feel ladies. Withno remorse. All this is painfully real. [​IMG]

4. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Court i'll be thinking of you on Thursday! I think the extra meds was a great idea! It may really push that extra little eggie.

Ok so I have a plan. Officially! I feel so excited to have something in place. My doctor was wonderful today. He really let me decide what to do. Of course he had imput but let me express my concerns and ideas.

As Jen said, iui did work the first time. So, I brought that point up. We will be sticking to the clomid iui plan for 2 more cycles. Then if not pregnant he's going to schedule surgery to look around and see what type of condition my fallopian tube is in. He kept saying pelvic area...so i guess he will look around not just at my left tube.

He said he will clear it if he can and if the tube looks like it is still good. He said any tube can be cleared but it doesnt mean the tube will work. If it doesn't look good, clearing it would just set me up for another ectopic. --Or remove the tube.

So, I feel happy to have a plan.

BTW-- Got an email today...another one of my cousins are pregnant. That makes 3 of them.

5. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Oh another thing-- the doctor said as to not waste time if af doesnt come by Nov. 20th that I should start provera.

6. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

It always feels good to have a plan. Hopefully they won't find anything wrong with you, and if they do that it will be an easy fix.

Also, I think I would have taken the extra meds at this point too. I had to laugh really hard at the "being in a really good mood or really drunk" part. LOL!

At this point I am sitting around waiting to ovulate. I don't know if my cycle will be off or not this time because of my procedures last week and the miscarriage. I am starting to have some signs tonight that O might be approaching, but I'm not entirely certain yet as they tend to come and go sometimes before they actually kick in for sure. Also prematurely wondering what my LP is going to be like this time as well. My doctor said it could be shorter or longer than normal because of the procedure. So, the bad thing about that is that if it's too short I'll wonder if it prevented an egg from implanting, and if it's too long I'll get my hopes up about being pregnant and might not be. I guess I should just focus on taking things one day at a time instead of looking ahead so much, but it's just so hard. I'm excited that they cleared out my problems so that I'll have a much easier time carrying. I've just got to work on the conceiving part first. =)

7. *mel*

Love thats great that you now have a plan, and great that you get on so well with your doctor. Thats the one thing I do envy about you girls, here in the UK I have been passed around from doctor to doctor, in all my appointments I have never seen the same one twice! lol!

Bunnygirl I can see why you might start thinking too much over the coming weeks but I have every hope that things are finally going to work for you. As you know, conceiving isn't actually a problem for you and at last you have the answer as to why you havn't been able to carry. I think the next time it happens for you it will all work out. Also thought is was worth a mention that I was reading the thread for uterus abnormalities the other day and they did find something else in MyrtleWarblers uterus (as well as the septum) that sounds simular to yours.

8. *mel*

Hmmm sorry Bunnygirl, just re-read MW's post in that thread and it was an adhesion that was found, probably nothing like what you had! lol!

9. court

court New Member

okay funny story.
    went to dinner last night for a friends birthday. My Novarel trigger shot was due at 10pm and I knew we would not be home. So I brought it with me. My hubby and I had a plan to meet in this back bathroom at 10pm. I left the table first and drew up the medication etc. and then he came knocking. He came in gave me the shot and we were done. We walked out of bathroom "together" and there was a waitress, so my hubby goes " we werent doing anything illegal in there!" and we walk back to the table and resume dinner.
    About an hour later rumors are circulating that the "schrieners (thats us) had SEX in the bathroom!!!"
    As if.
    I wish it could be that easy!
    anyway it was funny.
    More funny is that we go to this resturant all the time ...guess we will be know as the frisky couple. Only if people knew the truth.

So I took a test this am to make sure the shot is working. It was positive, so the hcg is officially in my system.
    I also have tmi story. When I was in bathroom at rest. I wiped and had an obseen sp? about of EWCM. ??? I hope I don't O early.?
    IUI scheduled for 10am tomm.
    bunny. it is so hard not to obsess about all this. I think we all do, it is apart of this evil journey.
    hang in there.

courtney

10. *mel*

OMG Court! That's so funny! LMAO!!!! Seriously, thats as good as Beth's POAS stories!

11. BunnyGirl19

Hilarious!!! I'm fairly certain I could never talk my SO into having sex in a public bathroom, and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of people feel the same way about it, so that makes it even funnier that people would think that! =)

12. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

LMAO Court! That is such a funny story! That makes me think that this will be your month. you have such a good story to tell along with it! Good luck tomorrow. Go swimmers go!

Today I was sure af was coming. But, no she did not. I guess i'm not expecting her until next Thursday or Friday. I guess we'll see. I think things will probably be off schedule after a miscarriage but i'm not sure. Anyone know?

Beth--how are all the pills going?

BG- I can see how you would be worrying. But, the length of your lp is not in your control this month. So for this month remember that. You are not in control. Next month you can try to control again. (This is what I do when I can change or fix things. I give the control away. Then try to take it back later.)

Jen- good to hear from you!

Mel- I don't like it that the doctors pass you around! But, I guess if you don't like one you don't have to worry about seeing them again!

Why- How are you doing? Miss hearing from you!

Candy how are you feeling?

13. BunnyGirl19

Well, I've had five total miscarriages now and things were different after each one. My first one I never got AF at all before getting pregnant again. Kind of a funny story, but they gave me Depo-Provera after that miscarriage because I had a traumatic placental abruption and they wanted to make sure I healed before TTC again, so at least three months, but apparently didn't trust that we would wait so gave me the shot. I had sex one time four weeks after the miscarriage and Depo shot due to still being sore and achy and it not feeling so good. I went back in at six weeks for a checkup to see how I was healing up and they did an ultrasound. Turns out I was right about four weeks pregnant with triplets!!! The doctor was really scratching his head over that one, so not only did I ovulate on Depo-Provera, I managed to conceive triplets, which is an extremely rare thing normally, let alone on birth control! After I lost that pregnancy I didn't get AF for 11 weeks and it was anovulatory bleeding when I did get it. After that I then got AF on approximately my normal schedule again. On my third miscarriage I ended up ovulating at CD11 the next cycle, so nearly a week earlier than usual. The next cycle after that it was normal, and the next one after that was normal as well, and I conceived on that one. After that miscarriage I ovulated late at CD36 and then had a really short LP of 8 days. Then went back to normal. Waiting to see what happens with this one now. My temps actually settled down pretty quickly this time, so we'll see. There never seems to be any rhyme or reason to what's going to happen. LOL

14. BethG

BethG New Member

Hey Ladies! I'm feeling lower abdomen pain today...kinda like the few times I did before when I actually ovulated, so I think today might be O-day! Feeling hopeful anyway. Today is CD11 so that's about normal for me, although I realize it's still not ideal for egg development. We'll be BDing again tonight (took last night off) so timing will still be very good. FEELING HOPEFUL! So this cycle was all those supplements, 5mg Femara, and 3 acupuncture sessions -- never had this combo before so maybe it's the magic I need! Oh, the TP spotting I had FINALLY stopped after CD8. I'm still not sure what that was all about.

court, I liked your story too! Update us on the IUI today. *crossing fingers* I'm jealous of your EWCM by the way -- I never see any.

BunnyGirl, glad you've been joining us.

Why, where are you???

Melly, I know not much is going on but are you getting excited about things? Stop worrying!

15. BunnyGirl19

Well, I'm thinking I'm going to be O'ing really soon. I started gushing buckets of EWCM today and my cervix is super high, soft, and open. Ironically it started minutes after hearing that my job would be spared at a meeting on job cuts today. LOL! I don't have any OPKs at this time to test with, so I can't confirm a surge or not. I just have definite signs of O coming in the next day or two. So it looks like my body will have at least cooperated for me in that regard this time if this does lead to O and not just some bizarre response to good news! Of course, with O comes the "worry" about LP length again. I don't think my odds for pregnancy will be all that great this cycle due to the procedure and the GelFoam, which I'm fairly certain has not dissolved fully as it was placed 11 days ago and I was told it takes up to three weeks to dissolve. That means implantation odds are very slim. Oh well. My body could probably use a rest this cycle anyway. It's just good to know that it seems to be functioning. =)

16. BethG

BethG New Member

BunnyGirl, sometimes we have to lbe grateful for the little steps -- and if you're going to have a "normal" cycle this time, that is good news.

AFM, I think yesterday was O-day. My temp went up today but I had it in my mind that it would be a more dramatic increase instead of .27 degrees higher.

17. *mel*

Damn it, I just typed a reply and it's gone! Dont you hate it when that happens? lol!

Bunnygirl good luck for o'ing. Can't wait to see todays temp!

Bethie it definately looks like you have o'd! Great news about feeling more hopefull too, I have noticed you havn't quite been yourself since the anovulatory cycle.

Nothing to report here. No O which is getting on my nerves. I have read on the internet that I should O before taking the meds (On monday) I asked the nurse about it and explained that I don't always O by CD21 as my cycles are irregular. She said they would have expected me to have o'd by then, to which I explained again that I have irrugular cycles *sigh* She said if I havn't o'd by then to still start the meds but it might just mean I wont down regulate in the 2 weeks it normally takes, could take a while longer. *double sigh* If that happens I have no clue what will happen. Bearing in mind, if all goes to plan Egg transfer will take place the week before xmas, if I am on the meds longer then that will be pushed back, also bear in mind that they bloody shut for xmas! I suppose it could mean it will be pushed back to the first week in Jan. Who knows!

18. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Oh Mel that stinks. Let's just hope you o soon. I guess though if you do have to get pushed back at least its not cancelling the whole ivf procedure. It still sucks. But we'll just hope for the best.

Beth great news on the O'ing!
    same to you BG--you sure have all the signs!

19. BethG

BethG New Member

court, how did things go the with the IUI?

BunnyGirl, did you O? Didn't check your chart yet...

Love, how you doing? Still looking forward to your Plan.

Why??? Michelle??? Check in, please!

Mel, try not to stress about things since stress can delay the eggie. Everything will work out -- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

And yes, mel, I have been down since that annovulatory cycle. I was soooo excited when my progesterone on my first 5mg Femara cycle came back at 26, even though I did have a BFN. So the next cycle when I took 5mg Femara again...and didn't ovulate at all...that was just so depressing. I just don't understand how the meds can work so well one cycle and not at all the next. I had this on Clomid too. So then the last short 18-day cycle was just kind of a healing process, but geez, I was still depressed about it all. But feeling better, feeling hopeful again since my ovaries aren't on strike this month, and even telling Jen that I was worrying about how to deal with a newborn! I'm gonna get pregnant, damnit! We all are!

And last but not least...*waves and hugs to Jen!*

20. BethG

BethG New Member

Oh, forgot to say I ordered some progesterone supplements (not strictly progesterone though) from the tryingtoconceive website. Since the progesterone cream does seem to have some effect for me, I thought this might be better.