Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 2**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by leeaman7777, Aug 28, 2009.

1. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Have at it and Goodluck to everyone.

Oh and Holy Freakin' Crap Candy.. I didn't know you were PG, Congrats my girl I am so excited and happy for you... ox

KK, go nutz everyone, but not literally... lol

2. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">
    [​IMG]
    </a>

[​IMG]

3. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

lmao toffee, your a nut.

4. Tempting Toffee

Ha, that I am [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

5. candywannababy

candywannababy New Member

Tofee you are freakin insane! lol

6. Jenice

Jenice New Member

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Hi Ladies- I've been MIA for a few weeks. I've had a lot going on and felt time away would be good.
    First- Congrats Candy!!!!

I have a question about iui. I will probably be having iui this month (if egg is on the right side). My doctor does two inseminations. Bc of the cost we were thinking of only doing the one insemination and then bd naturally the following day. Does anyone have experience with iui success? If so did you have 2 inseminations or just 1? I'm also taking clomid 50mg cd 3-7.
    Thanks!

8. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Im sorry Love, I have no knowledge of IUI. We were gonna do IUI if Clomid didnt work after 3 months. But I hope the IUI works out for you. Ive heard good things about it!!

9. court

court New Member

Love...I did 3 IUI's with clomid ...only had 1 insemination each time ...usually had the IUI in the am and was advised to bd in the pm and next day. These all did not work for me...I also had one IUI with femera. which also resulted in a bfn. my doc said if it is going to work it typically will in the first three times, although he also said it may on the 5th or 6th too. You just never know. but it does increase your chances....esp if you have any male stuff going on. sorry I wish I could tell you I had a bfp with them. but I do know that I o just fine so maybe they are not for me??? I do think I will try one or two more times, just b/c they are so less $$ then IVF. good luck to you.

asf.....I got a bfp on my OPK today!! I usually don't catch it as well as I did today. temps are still low and cm good. bd'd last pm this am. probably should wait till tomm again. my dh's sa was great with increased viscosity being the only issue. think we should just go for it and try as much as we can or think only once a day??

candy. oh my lordy girl there has to be more than one. I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when is your us??

how is everyone else doing?? why mel beth?? michelle...what day are you all on?? hopefully everyone is having a good weekend.
    courtney

10. Love0322

Love0322 New Member

Thanks Court and Nessa for the replies. I'm excited to try the iui w/clomid. But i'm so ready for the disappointment. I just wish I could shake the feeling of doom and gloom. Errr!

11. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Heyy ladies...sorry I have to make it quick, As you know i'm 10dpo...I took a dollartree test yesterday negative, this morning was a no go either..and the one i took half hour ago had a shadowy looking line..which has gotten darker. I cant even tell if there is any color to it, but it did appear before the time frame...but barely at all..any input?

12. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Michelle, it could be a positive, or it could be an evap line. Try testing again first thing tommorrow morning.

13. BethG

BethG New Member

ditto! Hope you see that 2nd line!

14. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Michelle if I were you I would probably wait a couple more days before testing but seen as you are a self confessed POAS addict I am pretty sure you will be testing again real soon! lol! Good Luck hun, hope there is a definate second line there!

Well AF did arrive for me yesturday so I started looking into LP deffects. I was kind of angry yesturday, like my stupid body doesn't have enough fertility problems to deal with and now my LP decides to shrink too. So frustrating. It seems many doctors believe that an LP shorter than 12 days is unable to sustain a pregnancy so this month I am giving vitamin B6 another go. It is in my pre-natal multivitamin but I'm taking the supplement too, does anyone know if it's harmfull if you take too much? I will also be drinking green tea, taking omega 3 (after reading what Sapphire said) and giving EPO another try too. Not done the green tea and EPO for a while so figured I will pull out all the stops for this cycle. I will be able to go for that final bloodtest on Tuesday and then hopefully will be calling the clinic towards the end of the month in order to book in for my IVF cycle. So there you have it, this really will be my last ditch attempt before IVF!

15. sky5209

sky5209 New Member

Mel -- I just researched the B6 myself as we are starting TTC#2 but I am still breastfeeding #1. B6 is water soluble so you can't take too much, you just pee out what is excess. They recommend for short LP between 50-200mg of B6. In a prenatal vitamin there is usually less than 50mg - so you would need to take a supplement. Also, B6 is best absorbed if you take a vitamin B complex rather than just B6. So I am currently taking a prenatal vitamin and a vitamin B complex every day of my cycle. I hope that helps.

16. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Okay, well thats pretty interesting. In my pre-natals there is 2.6mg and the supplement I bought is 10mg! lol! No wonder it didn't have any effect last time I took it! Thanks for the info!

17. sky5209

sky5209 New Member

You're welcome. I also read that several women lengthened their LP by taking B6. One woman took 60mg + prenatal and in 2 months her LP went from 9-12 days.

18. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Awee Mel (hugs) i'm sure all will work out for you! I can only imagine how frustrating it is to have a short LP.

As for me..I still have cramps, sex is still painful..and my ovaries still feel swollen! I had taken another one last night and I seen a shadow line again and it WAS within the time limit. So I went to buy a pack of FRER which came back Negative this morning at 11dpo. I think i'm going to stop testing fora few days..as i'm pretty bummed out right now. I can't think of anything else besides pregnancy with how moody I have been and everything..but here is to hoping.

19. BethG

BethG New Member

Hi Sky! Nice to see you here!

Didn't know that about B6 either. I looked at my multi and it has 2mg as well.

Mel, I really think (don't know for a fact) that they might give you progesterone supplements during your IVF. Ask them about it! If your progesterone drops too quickly during your natural cycle, yes, maybe this is a problem. But if they give you the supplements (suppostitories I think?) I believe this will increase your chances.

Michelle, I hate those ambiguous results! But I agree, wait a couple of days and see what the test says then.

Nothing much going on with me. 7DPO today and temps look good (like that means anything though, huh?). Going for the progesterone blood test tomorrow.

20. Tempting Toffee

About b6, I've just had a quick look round on the net and 2-3mg is standard in multi vits, but is way too low to have any affect on fertility.

A lot are saying 100-200mg's! 50mg seems to be a standard dose per capsule, perhaps start at 50mg's and work up?