Keeping the Faith: TTC 12+mo. **Part 1**

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by leeaman7777, Jun 17, 2009.

1. why

why New Member

I only have a second. I wanted to send my congrats to Candy. This is awsome and gives others (at least me) hope. The siggy is great I don't think anyone who has gone through this journey along with you would have an issue....
    CONGRATS again and sorry to everyone no personals I have to go....

2. BethG

BethG New Member

Hi Why! *waving*

Michelle, those "early" symptoms only become symptoms after you get your BFP. It's too early to speculate, but we've all done it before. Fluxuating hormone levels (pregnancy related or not) can affect your digestive system that's why you might have loose bowels or diahrea during AF or become constipated during other times.

Today's temp went higher still. I'm still leaning towards CD12 being O-day and not CD10. But I suppose I'll go get my progesterone blood test on Monday which will be CD18/8DPO (going from CD10). I'll be gone for a week and would like to know the results before I leave for an extended holiday. Also need to pick up meds (God, please let me not need them!) because I'd be starting them while I'm still gone. I'm wondering how many cycles of Femara they'll let me do?

3. candywannababy

candywannababy New Member

Michelle- Remember the weekend before my trip? These were the symptoms that made me test before leaving for mexico. I have had things that felt like symptoms before but from being pregnant before I just knew this was *it*. BUT what sucks is that early pg symptoms mimick af symptoms and vice versa. Speculate all you want though honey and when you feel ready if af has not arrived TEST!! [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

4. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Congratulations, candy, those are beautiful numbers and I am really really happy for you, momma!!! rub your belly for me [​IMG]

Beth, keep us posted - I hope you'll have some good news soon before your trip and won't need those meds!!

Michelle, it's true that your symptoms can mean anything. I used to often have loose bowels right before AF started (weird), but for others it could mean pregnancy. Then was I was in early pregnancy, I'd be mostly constipated but would get freaked out every time I had a decent BM, thinking it was a sign AF was coming and I'd miscarry! It's so frustrating to hear, I know, but it really could still go either way ... so my fingers are crossed for the best!!

xoxox

5. MichelleG

MichelleG New Member

Your right ladies, It is too early to look into things..I gave into my own stupidity and took a test (which i know its too early) and its a BFN...I'm a POAS addict. I had DF hide my tests on me so I cannot use them whenever I please. Work has been keeping me SO busy that I couldnt get my blood work done yet agan! Tomorrow is CD 32..and I took a few hours off to go get it all done..so hopefully its not too late to see if I o'd or not. Today has been terrible..i have had the WORST gas cramps in history..and when it came time to do anything about it it just never happened..must be a flu. Uterine cramps are getting pretty sharp today too..anywhoo..

Beth - I pray that this is your last cycle of ANY meds!!! I really hope and pray for you...make sure to keep me posted on that progesterone #!

6. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm not impressed with my chart this month, it's rubbish. I am wondering if my ovulation was really weak or something seen as my temps seem super low. Hopefully AF won't show today, can't stand the thought of another 9 day LP. My LP is worrying me now, before my lap I averaged a 12 day LP, occasionally it would be 11 or sometimes 13 but the average was 12. Since my lap it has got shorter and I just can't understand why? You would think it would be longer now the endo has gone? I don't even know who I could ask about this seen as the fertility clinic referred me for IVF so I am not under them anymore, but they won't think it's important when I go for IVF because I will be on meds anyway. Grrrrr.... I just feel like something isn't right and hasn't been since the lap.

7. BethG

BethG New Member

Michelle, thanks for the prayers! I'll take 'em!

Sorry about the gassiness and cramping. Not really sure if that's a Clomid s/e. I do remember times of mild nausea and lack of appetite though.

Mel, I don't think your chart looks too bad! Did FF give you the dotted crosshairs because of that 2DPO temp? I had the exact same thing and got dotted ones as well! I guess because you're heading towards IVF I wouldn't worry about a short LP too much. All those meds will take care of that. Stay strong and believe in yourself!

My temp went super-high today. I guess you could say I have a hot little box! LMAO!

8. *mel*

I think they are dotted because my CM dried up a fews days before O. I know it wont effect my IVF cycle but I still want my LP sorting out, it's not right that it has been short these past few months. When I bear in mind that the doctors have told me there is nothing at all stopping me from conceiving now, as long as I O from the right side, it get's on my nerves that my LP has shrunk and it's debatable if it would be able to sustain a pregnancy! I still have it in my mind too that I will only get one shot at IVF, and of course I really hope it will work, but if not I will be back to trying on my own again and I NEED a longer LP. Ugh just ignore me, venting I suppose. Oh and thought I would also report I quit smoking again on Sunday (Yay me!!!!!) so maybe that's causing me to be a little more irritable than normal! lol! Over analyzing things maybe....

9. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

Mel, sorry if this is a crap question, but do you take plenty of B vits?

10. *mel*

The only vitamins I take at the mo are the pre-natal vitamins, I havn't looked if there are B vits in there or not. Last year I started taking Vitamin B6 (I think!) because I was concerned then about the months when my LP was 11 days and someone had told me it could lengthen the LP. I took it for 3 months (again I think lol) and it didn't do anything for my LP so I stopped again.

11. Tempting Toffee

okey dokey, it's just that I notice that on the months I take it, they work. Acupuncture also made mine 13-14 days long.....

[​IMG]

12. *mel*

Hmmmm... might be worth another try then, maybe I will give it another go. Plus I suppose there is the chance I could be jumping the gun this month, I mean AF hasn't shown yet, it's just that my temp is at the level now where she normally turns up.

13. Tempting Toffee

It's worth a shot! You could always try natural progesterone cream-but you'd have to take it when pregnant as well.

14. BethG

BethG New Member

Acupuncture made my LP longer as well, although I think that has more to do with actually ovulating. I don't think the progesterone cream has done much for me, although I keep using it. It DID stop any pre-AF spotting, but again, maybe that has more to do with actually ovulating. I've never heard or read anything about having to use it during pregnancy as well.

15. Tempting Toffee

When I got mine (took mine a couple of years back) it says you have to becareful, as the sudden drop could cause a miscarriage. Best googling it! x

A link here Although don't buy that one, you should avoid parabens x

16. *mel*

Yeah, I had heard that about the progesterone which is I think why, when you take it in an IVF cycle, if you succeed in getting pregnant you have to carry on taking progesterone untill 12 weeks. Will get some more B6 at the weekend and try that for next cycle I think.

17. candywannababy

Please tell me its the hormones. I cant stop cying. Beta #3 came in at 11,336!

18. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

holy crap candy!!!! thats wonderful!!! i wonder just how many youve got in there hahahahaa.

19. BethG

BethG New Member

Holy Crap indeed! That more than doubled, didn't it?

20. candywannababy

Yes, I needed it to be 9,300 in order for it to have doubled!!