I need help deciphering a pregnancy test. (photo)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by ashtrayxgirlx, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ashtrayxgirlx

ashtrayxgirlx New Member

I have been on the pill for about 6 years, I am very careful and take my pill every day at the same time. I have been on a few different pills, I always get my period Sunday night, on my second placebo pill. I always have a faint amount of spotting as soon as I'm done with my active pill which inevitably leads to my period a day later. It's been like clockwork for the last 6 years.

I have recently started a new birth control pill. I completely my first active cycle on Friday. It's now Tuesday, no period. I had a a pinkish tinted discharge for a day, then nothing. Tons of clear discharge after that, and it seems to be getting worse.

I took a pregnancy test to help ease my mind so if it's stress induced it can go away, only.. it's made things worse. I cannot read the test and I cannot afford to buy another for several days.

Here is a photo:

It needs two line for positive. One for negative. One line is very prominent and the other half is well, pink. It was from completely white, to what you see now. What do you think? I am so nervous...

2. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

That looks like a faulty test to me. I would get another pink dye test and retest.

3. GreenTea

GreenTea Super Moderator Staff Member

What brand of birth control pill were you on, and what brand did you just switch to? Some brands are especially known for making periods go away.

When stress delays periods, what it really delays is ovulation. If you ovulate late, that makes your period correspondingly late. If you're stressed, nature doesn't want you getting pregnant, so will delay your ovulation to a better time, and the end result is that your period also gets delayed. But when you're on the pill, you're not ovulating and not having real periods--the bleeding is just a withdrawal effect from not taking hormones--so stress wouldn't delay your period.

4. ashtrayxgirlx

ashtrayxgirlx New Member

I was on Nortrel 1/35 for 3 years, but I was experienceing awful breakthrough bleeding. I was switched to Trivora. I finally started yesterday, on the first day of my active pills for the next cycle.

I am weirded out about something new, now. I passed a flesh colored clot, something that has never happened to me. It was rather large, with almost purple lines running through it, with something that was almost hard.. like the size of a peanut towards the top of it. I cannot make it to the doctor for another week, they are always booked solid.