Good Websites for Oral Contraceptive Info

Discussion in 'Contraception' started by SupaKat, Nov 26, 2005.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. SupaKat

SupaKat Member

Despite the fact that oral contraceptives are better off avoided, if you find yourself in a situation where you need to use them, you may find these websights intersting:

http://www.fpnotebook.com/Gyn/Pharm/OrlCntrcptvSdEfctMngmnt.htm

Using the links on the left, you can find out about various pills progestin/estrogen content and their effect on your body. It takes a while to figure out, but once you do, it is very useful.

http://www.wdxcyber.com/ncontr13.htm

This websight also has good information for determining which pills are often associated with which side affects.

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. GreenTea

GreenTea Super Moderator Staff Member

Good sites--I'm bumping this so more people will see.

3. GreenTea

I've decided to feature this topic, because it's information that's always useful, and tends to migrate to the back pages whenever people need it.

This topic is still open for posts.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for this SupaKat - the second website was one of the main reasons I switched to Loestrin - since no-one (including my doctor) could seem to help me figure out a pill that MIGHT (no, I wasn't looking for a guarantee) help me lose weight, I took matters into my own hands...in the first month of it, we'll see...

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I should clarify the above - I meant that I had gained weight on my former bc and couldn't deal with any more weight gain - so I switched thinking it might stop and I might even lose if it was causing me to have water weight.

6. loopylou25

loopylou25 New Member

7. loopylou25

loopylou25 New Member

oh i see it's been done for me, cheers!

8. SupaKat

SupaKat Member

LoEstrin helped me lose a little weight. Definitely better than Estrostep in that regard. Those websights helped me decide which pills to try as well, they knew more than the doctors thats for sure.

9. Sign2me

Sign2me New Member

HI I'm new the forum. I'm frustrated with a lot of womanly problems, one of them being birth control. I was on depo for 12 months, and have now been off of it for 6 months, and still no period. I was put on birth control, ortho tricyclin lo to help get the long awaited period(never thought I'd say that)and man did I have mood swings. Really bad ones! I'd only been on that one for 2 weeks and now I'm onto Yasmin. From what I hear it has low testosterone, helping to lessen mood swings and increase estrogen. We'll see how it works. Anyone been on Yasmin for longer than a few months?

10. Frogs

Frogs New Member

julperki6 found another great site about the nutritional effects of the Pill, and some corrective measures that users can take. I've reposted it here because I thought it was great!

http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=1260

11. proudmom67

proudmom67 New Member

Are there any BCP that don't cause depression or little to no sex drive?

12. GreenTea

proudmom - all hormonal pills can. If you want one that doesn't, come check out Centchroman .

13. FLOWERPOWER

FLOWERPOWER New Member

14. zoe2929

zoe2929 New Member

I thought there was a website here that had a chart with ratings from 1-5 - and women rated each bc and how they liked it - or disliked it. But now I can't find it - does anyone remember this and could you help me find it? Thanks-

15. KidFree

KidFree New Member

16. KidFree

KidFree New Member

17. NYCityGirl27

NYCityGirl27 New Member

These sites are really informative. Thanks [​IMG]

18. courtneygirl84

courtneygirl84 New Member

Thanks for the info Supakat!!! [​IMG] I have just started back on Yasmin, as I was off the pill for about 4 months, but i now have terrible oily hair and acne on my back as well as my face [​IMG]

19. tw80

tw80 New Member

Just checked out those two web sites, very imformative. Im thinking of suggesting trying Loestrin 1/20 to my doctor, is there any one using this BC that could give me some feedback

20. clc

clc New Member

Thanks for those sites. The second one was really useful, I'm into my second month of using Cerazette and have been bleeding for almost three weeks now, it helped me to understand why and I'm going to go back to the nurse and think about changing - luckily my boyfriends not been around this month much but I'm not putting up with it again!