Follow up after natural M/C?

Discussion in 'Surviving Miscarriage' started by Myste, Jul 8, 2010.

  1. Myste

    Myste New Member

    I'm not quite sure what to do. We had a slow heartbeat/2w behind growth scan on 5/24, and a follow-up scan 6/1 that confirmed no heartbeat. They said I should call my provider to discuss options for D&C or meds or just wait it out. I decided to wait a week since I had an appointment already scheduled and see if I m/c naturally. On 6/4 I started spotting and 6/6 I actually miscarried. I bled for just over two weeks and nothing since.

    My question is - should I have/should I go for a follow up appointment? And should I go to my regular dr or to the midwives at the birth center? I haven't had any problems, but I've also had no signs of ovulation or AF approaching. I'm currently on CD 34 (or 32 if you count from actual miscarriage) which is unusual for me. DH and I are anxious to start trying again as we want our kids close together

  2. BunnyGirl19

    BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

    You might want to at least get your hCG levels drawn to see that they have dropped. If they're still a bit elevated they will probably check to see that you don't have any tissue left behind.

    I started bleeding/miscarried on June 4th as well (passed clots and a tiny bit of tissue on the 5th). I had my betas checked again on June 10th and they had dropped to 11 so they figured everything had passed. I did ovulate again not too far past my usual (CD23 instead of CD17) and am currently 10DPO. It took about a week for my temps to settle down though. Are your temps still jumping all over the place or just pretty flat?

  3. Alluring-Ash

    Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

    I agree with BG, and I am glad you decided to wait out the D & C I was told this is sooo much better for your body!! So kudos on that! Is there anyway you could call and ask if they could get you a lab slip to check HCG levels?

  4. Myste

    Myste New Member

    Temps were fairly stable around the time of M/C and shortly after, haven't checked lately. I'll call my regular doc tomorrow and see if she wants me to come in (she also does womens health, just not OB stuff) and start temping again, though it might be off with the hot weather.

  5. Confused-Hasya

    Confused-Hasya Active Member

    Ohh, sorry to hear that, Myste. Perhaps, go for an hcg draw. It can be ordered by anyone. If the levels are still high, perhaps see an m/w or an OB.

    Last year, I started miscarrying on April 29 and kept bleeding on and off till May 22 or so, when beta dropped to 6. Just 2 days later, I had AF like bleeding - no. of days, bleeding amount etc. I sort of kind of had a cycle, but surely anovulatory and I didn't bleed again until about cd30 or so, the usual for me. So, my count from hcg = 6 was about cd32 or so. So, I would recommend getting your blood drawn for a beta check.


Share This Page