Femcap/diaphragm

Discussion in 'Contraception' started by kikimezza, May 13, 2007.

Dear Members: We have operated this forum since 2002. We currently have over 12,000 members that have free access to thousands of health related discussions. We rely on you as a member to peruse our health articles but do need your help in ensuring that the site will continue to operate for years to come. We ask that you CLICK ON OUR ADS to support the site. Thank you for your trust.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

I probably would. I can't remember which, but when I had tried getting fitted with one years ago I was either a 60 or a 65 and it was miserable trying to get my hands on the right size. It took several months and then when I got it I discovered I was horribly allergic to spermicide so I couldn't really use it anyway and couldn't find any that were lactic acid based to try. I did try a homemade kind with lemon juice that was okay, but didn't like that I could smell the lemon when it was in. LOL

SUPPORT OUR WEBSITE, CLICK OUR ADS

2. meowCat

meowCat New Member

LOL, bunny.
    I have ordered my all flex.
    Now it's waiting.....

3. rossetta

rossetta New Member

Can anyone direc me in the right direction? I want to purchase the femcap. All of the sites I find it at are charging about 80 dollars. One site has a spot for a coupon code but I cant find any on line. Can some one help me?

4. marbear272

marbear272 New Member

Hi all, i'm new to this topic, but have been a member since 2009 and belong to the lady comp/pearly topics since then. I purchased my Pearly in 2009 and am IN LOVE! DH and I have been using condoms during red days, however they dry me out and are a sensation-killer for him, so we are fed up and looking for something else...enter the FemCap. After researching it extensively it seems like one of the world's best kept secrets. I am having a heck of a time however trying to find a doctor by me who will prescribe it. I'm in California USA and all anyone wants to prescribe me is BC pills - no thanks! I have never been pregnant so the smallest size is what i'd need. I found that i can order it online from ladytobaby.com but am nervous about using it without having it be fitted by a doc(I'm thinking of ordering it and then taking it to my doc to see what she says...maybe a bad idea?)...has anyone used it successfully without a doc fitting it?