Extremely heavy period or miscarriage?

Discussion in 'Surviving Miscarriage' started by fireflight91, Sep 24, 2013.

1. fireflight91

fireflight91 New Member

I never have cramping during a period, in my abdomen or back. Maybe mild discomfort that is eased with tylenol or a heating pad. My periods are usually light. Well, I was almost two months late on my period (I should have started July 27), my boobs have been tender for a few weeks now, odd cravings, nausea. I am sexually active, and we don't use birth control of any form. This past weekend I had severe cramping and some spotting. Well I woke up Monday just pouring blood. I'm talking about soaking through a super plus tampon every 45 minutes to an hour with severe cramps in my lower stomach and back radiating into my legs. So bad that I just had to sit there and cry. Nothing eased the pain, not a hot bath, tylenol, heating back. Anything. I also had a fever and chills. And it's the same today, minus the chills. I took a pregnancy test around when I should have started my period, that last week of July and it was negative. But haven't taken another since. Could this possibly be a miscarriage? Or am I just being dramatic?

2. AnnaM

AnnaM Member

Sounds like a miscarriage, are you still bleeding? Could possibly be a ruptured ovarian cyst, but personally I'd be headed down to local Obs and Gynae hospital/clinic and getting them to put in a speculum and check it out. Particularly in light of fever and chills, easy to become septic if it is a miscarriage, which may be incomplete, ie leaving parts of the placenta behind embedded in the uterine wall.