Essure I want it out..help!

Discussion in 'Permanent Contraception' started by neanea, Mar 19, 2010.

1. amyx173

amyx173 New Member

Hi +essure,
    Did you get pregnant with the Essure? Or did you have them removed? Either way..I wish you the best.

2. bgonzalez

bgonzalez New Member

OMG i am so glad i read this.. everyone thinks i am crazy, I had the essure put in in 2006 everything was fine until last summer i started getting sharp pain in my rt side. I have been to GYN and ER over and over and they find nothing. I had ultrasounds, CT scan..and nothing. The pain is now also in my left side and it hurts more when I sit or lay on my rt side. It feels like i am being stabbed. I even went to the chiropractor thinking it was a pulled muscle, that didnt help.. I dont know what to do.. my GYN wants another ultrasound .. for what?? I am in pain and i recently started to wonder if its from the essure..

3. kym4

kym4 Member

Hi! I had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds & they deemed them normal even though they couldn't see the metal coils. I also had stabbing pain. It was bad sitting, walking and really got bad if I was driving.

I also hate to cause you anymore worry but there seems to be some posts & some reports on the maude fda database that indicate that the metal coils can migrate even after so called sucessful HSG test. My best advice is that you know your body. You know what you feel. Don't let them push you around. Ask your dr to sign something stating that the metal coils are not the cause of your pain and that the dr believes that the essure metal coils could never come out place even after being in place so long. See if that gets the dr a little more interested in your problems

4. bgonzalez

bgonzalez New Member

wish me luck I am going to dr. again today!!!

5. bgonzalez

bgonzalez New Member

wish me luck I am going to dr. again today!!!

6. kym4

kym4 Member

Good Luck!

7. RParker

RParker New Member

I had the essure procedure done in October of 2009. I was in the emergency room five times in May. They just kept handing me pain pills. On my last visit they said that I had a cyst on my right ovary. I went to my obgyn and he said that I had endometriosis. I had surgery on the 15th to remove that and some scar tissue. As of today I am still in extreme pain on my right side and still have a metal taste in my mouth. I am very tired. I am contacting my obgyn tomorrow to ask about having the implants removed. If I need a hysterectomy at the age of 28 then I will do that. I feel like I am going to die at times. I have two children that need me. I have never had any medical problems and my regular doctor cannot find any problems, so that only leaves two things that can be causing this.

8. LydiKate

LydiKate New Member

Is there anyone out there that can give me advice. I live in Mississippi. I had essure 6 months ago, I want them out. I am trying to locate a doctor locally instead of making the trip to NC. I am not having near the problems that most women are having. My main concern is that my hair is falling out by the hand fulls! I am so emotional about it! I am terrified that I am going to wake up to go to work and there is going to be a bald spot. This is insane!! It started falling right at the 6 month mark. Anyone with advice PLEASE!!!

9. kym4

kym4 Member

I sent you a private message. I'm in Ms.

10. kym4

kym4 Member

Also for more information you can check out essure problems facebook pages. There are several of them.

11. Ravyn

Ravyn New Member

I am 18 and do not want children.(please do not harangue me about this it is my choice i know what i want and i know how my desicions can affect my future) i have looked into the essure procedure and was greatly considering it until i started reading the reviews. it seems as if the women that do have side effects have near life threatening one and its quite daunting and just plain scary so i would like feed back on whether or not to go thru with it or just to wait a bit save up more money and get my tubes tied? your feedback would be greatly aprecciated.

12. Babylove303

Babylove303 New Member

I live in the denver area and would like to know the info for the dr who did your procedure

13. mommy of 5

mommy of 5 New Member

You can carry full term! Im 30 weeks and ive been high risk and see a specialst but so far its going fine! I had essure done 3 years ago